Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I dont want to use a real example from here, since that would potentially embarrass a member of worthy, but when a Christian on the boards uses a derogatory term to refer to a muslim for instance, that isnt addressing a muslim specifically, but it shows inappropriate hate. Not good for a Christian. One can address someone who seeks to damage the flock of God without using derogatory terms. Our witness of Him is diminished when we speak in such a way.

Yeah...I've seen those types of comments about muslims on Worthy. (Usually coming from my keyboard.) I have no problem with doing that; in fact there aren't terms derogatory enough to descibe those who commit heinous acts in the name of a demonic spirit. Might as well tell the truth. :cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Matthew 12:34

Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Matthew 23:33

Snakes! Sons of vipers! How will you escape the judgment of hell?

Matthew 23:27

What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity.

Even Matthew 7:6 is highly colourful:

“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

Also, Paul, in Acts 23:3 was also critical:

But Paul said to him, “God will slap you, you corrupt hypocrite! What kind of judge are you to break the law yourself by ordering me struck like that?”

Sometimes a well-placed name is not a bad way to describe someone. Jesus found it appropriate. In upholding righteousness, we are not sinning in doing the same thing. We are free to speak out against sin, and free from the constraints that political correctness places upon us. Being loving doesn't mean we don;t speak the truth in due season and with strong words when necessary. Jesus was real. So should we be real.

A little salt mixed in with love and tenderness is living real.

Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We discern those who are operating out of the enemy's camp. We season our words with love, yet we speak the exact truth when we are given opportunity or a mandate as spiritual leaders in this world.

No flowers or perfume, please.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I dont want to use a real example from here, since that would potentially embarrass a member of worthy, but when a Christian on the boards uses a derogatory term to refer to a muslim for instance, that isnt addressing a muslim specifically, but it shows inappropriate hate. Not good for a Christian. One can address someone who seeks to damage the flock of God without using derogatory terms. Our witness of Him is diminished when we speak in such a way.

Yeah...I've seen those types of comments about muslims on Worthy. (Usually coming from my keyboard.) I have no problem with doing that; in fact there aren't terms derogatory enough to descibe those who commit heinous acts in the name of a demonic spirit. Might as well tell the truth. :cool:

Yes demonic spirits are involved in their hate, but are they not still people in need of Jesus? Why call them names? You are not calling their acts heinous, you are calling them names. Why show the same kind of hate towards them that they show towards us? Do you see how this ruins your witness of Jesus towards anyone who reads your words? If you say hate is ok, then you should read His words carefully. He tells us to love our enemies, not curse them, not speak insults at them.

Yes demonic spirits are involved in their hate, but are they not still people in need of Jesus? Why call them names? You are not calling their acts heinous, you are calling them names. Why show the same kind of hate towards them that they show towards us? Do you see how this ruins your witness of Jesus towards anyone who reads your words? If you say hate is ok, then you should read His words carefully. He tells us to love our enemies, not curse them, not speak insults at them.

Yes, I do see what you're saying....with my rational mind. But it's hard to be kind toward those whom I know are satan's very own disciples. I know I should but it's very hard. :cool:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Yes, I do see what you're saying....with my rational mind. But it's hard to be kind toward those whom I know are satan's very own disciples. I know I should but it's very hard. :cool:

I know its hard. There are times I want to cave in to the flesh and call someone a name I shouldnt. Perhaps this is an area of growth you could work on. With the forums, you can type and edit out anything that isnt quite Christ-like. Pray and ask Him to help you out with that.

Guest shiloh357