• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I been worried about my husband salvation, even though he told me one time he accepted Jesus ( this was a while back) I still see him slipping. When I was praying. I told God if you let my hubby into heaven, I'll take his punishment, I'll go to hell for him. I meant it to. I was wondering am I the only one thats crazy on this boards or has anyone ever thought that way also.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I been worried about my husband salvation, even though he told me one time he accepted Jesus ( this was a while back) I still see him slipping. When I was praying. I told God if you let my hubby into heaven, I'll take his punishment, I'll go to hell for him. I meant it to. I was wondering am I the only one thats crazy on this boards or has anyone ever thought that way also.

The only person who could take his punishment was Jesus. As generous as your offer is, Jesus is the only one who can be the blameless sacrifice

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

No...I'm crazy, so your not alone in that regard.

I understand the depth of the love you have for your husband. I hope he is aware of the beautiful gift in his possesion.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Tigger, when we love someone we are willing to die for them. And even though your gesture is heartfelt no one can go to hell for another. Jesus has already paid for our sins. He died for us so that we would not have to recieve the punishment that was due us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

Why in the world would you do that!!!!!!!!!!! trust me you would not want to go to hell!!!!! and besides Jesus allready did that for Us.. Praise His Holy Name forever and ever and ever.....people do have free choice........ :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is a difficult subject.

Consider the following verses:

To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife? ~1 Corinthians 7:12-16 (ESV)

These verses make me think that the faith of one spouse not only can possibly save their " un-believing" spouse, but also makes their spouse holy. If they are made holy by the other, does that mean God will consider them differently? I don't know. I believe God is merciful--that Jesus died for all--but I also believe each person should have their own faith.

I think the only thing anyone can do is pray for their "un-believing" spouse and try to get them involved in church or Christian activity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

I always wondered if this is what Paul felt when he said this:

"I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 9:1-5)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

It only proves your love for your husband. He is a very lucky man!

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

I always wondered if this is what Paul felt when he said this:

"I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 9:1-5)

Hi,

There's something about this that shows the passion in faith that wants others to know the glory that is so within reach if they'd only believe. In this case it was Paul's love for the Jews, in the case of the OP it's the sister's love for her husband.

People though are saved by grace through "their own personal" faith. This is important because it's one's own faith that is to choose Christ, the living Word in every adverse situation and demand deliverance thereby. One must also have a revelation that Christ is enough and why. IMO when one is drawn by the Holy Spirit one is normally divinely educated of the completeness that is in Christ, so it's best we hope that for them rather than anything inferior.

Lastly there is a verse in (Ps 49:7,8) that says "No man can by any means redeem his brother or give to God a ransom for him. For the redemption of his soul is costly and he should cease trying forever".