• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

There's an all-black church down the street from here, and they have several wonderful public outreach ministries. One of them is a health-care service for children, that is, black kids only. Through my son's school, I met a couple of parents who took their white kids to the clinic (they were unclear on the concept) and were turned away.

So I went to the church and asked why they won't serve white kids. After a 10-minute conversation, they still didn't understand the question.

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There's an all-black church down the street from here, and they have several wonderful public outreach ministries. One of them is a health-care service for children, that is, black kids only. Through my son's school, I met a couple of parents who took their white kids to the clinic (they were unclear on the concept) and were turned away.

So I went to the church and asked why they won't serve white kids. After a 10-minute conversation, they still didn't understand the question.

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

Yes, pray for them. Ask God to bless them.

OneLight

Not all organizations that are legally labeled a "church" is a real church. I suggest you stay away from these kinds of people as this is a sign that they do not truly follow Yeshua for if they did you would know it by their love.

[

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

well what is the problem ? i can tel you why they are reacting like this look at the way they were treated in the past

i see the same hear in my country Australian christians can be very mean when it comes to other cultured groups my old church it was an Aborigonal church my pastors wife asked if we could pray over her she shared what hapend and as she shared i got angry but had to give what i was feeling over to god and just trust that god wil deal with that spirit

may be they were trying to figure out why you were in a clinick that is mainly set up to give service to the black people

the church i was going to was mixed

try to put the hand out and try to get to know the people

i would have reacted the same as i am yugoslavian we have an aog church not far from the city i am living in and the pastor and his members have put the hand out to the community trying to show them they are no threat to them the pastor is croation most of the members are croations and serbians he also has sevral aborigonal people and south african and nigerian people attending

in the farming community i was living in i would go to the aborigonal health center it was maily targeted to give service to the aborigonal people they had there own drs and they had hired sevral white australian drs i would always see an australian dr and this did not bother me al the staff were very kind and greeted you with a smile they went out there way to make you feel comfterbal

i can walk into an aborigonal church and fellowship with my brothers and sisters compared to walking into an all out white church i get the odd look but it does not worry me

if they were to walk into a white clinick what reaction would they get from the white folk ?

God bless from damo

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

Dear Stevehut, this is a very common practice among people that go to church of any race who are looking for a social gospel. There is a way that seems right unto man, and that is their own works. Well when they start doing these works they seek to help themselves, and they seemingly attain a self righteousness and are indignant or intolerant of others entering in, and this includes all races not putting forth the glory of God. They are not looking to Christ even though many of them are Christians.

I attended an all black church and they had brought in an outside preacher that preached on nothing but emancipation and drew applause for doing so. Yeah, we've suffered long enough. He never mentioned God and I'm almost certain God didn't regard his testimony as reaching toward Himself.

A past white pastor of mine who has now went to be with the Lord preached a funeral at a very large all black congregation. The deceased black person attended our church and knowing they were going home requested that our pastor perform the funeral. Well the family wanted it done at their all black church and it was. My pastor entered that church and could see and feel the hatred for himself in that place, but as soon as He started preaching to God's glory and of our Savior, faces began to soften; they could relate to that though they seldom heard it. In these cases of racism there is but one thing that can break down those barriers and that is the preaching of Jesus Christ. When you see these things pray for them, witness of Jesus in your life both in deed and word, and you will be amazed at the results many times. You see, I cannot relate to a black person as to what they face even if I do have problems of my own, but I can tell them of a loving Savior who ransomed me, and made me know the joy of my salvation again. Jesus was that Good Samaritan that pulled me from the dunghill and set me in the heavenlies with Himself. And then if we both are Christians the walls of separation are gone and we both rejoice in the Lord.

God bless you in the name of Jesus - larry2

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

well what is the problem ? i can tel you why they are reacting like this look at the way they were treated in the past

if they were to walk into a white clinick what reaction would they get from the white folk ?

You think this is OK? No christian should see color we are all one in Christ and if we are truly christian we would treat all people the same.

White people should not discriminate against black people and black people should not discriminate against white.

did i say it was to be tollerated i think you need to go over what i said i am croation and i see this by the white australisns i know

my pastors in the farming community i was living in were ful blooded aborigonal pastors my fiancee is a filapino pastor and she even notices this attitude

so what then should be done has your country gone out of its way to say sorry for the way the black people were treated in the past ?

jesus was hated by his own kind

we said sorry to the way the aborigonal people were treated but ther are certain folk who wil not let go

i said to the op i understand why this group reacted

i rebuked a christian last year and told him to wake up to him self

this should not be happening but sadly this happens

my pastors wife was in tears when she shared what was said to her by certain white folk who found it hard to accept her

their are churches in australia that go out of there way were the pastor wil tel you to your face you are not welcome

its as if people think jesus died for the white man and the white man has al the say

what i hate is when you challange it head on not many are willing to come before the cross and let god take what they hold on to

were does it say in the bible jesus only gave his life to the white folk and were does it say in the bible that its only the white folk who will be ressurected ?

why are certain cultured groups hated by the white christians and why is it that christians love putting on the mask when their is a special event or the church needs funds ?

you put your self in my shoes or in a black mans shoes and you tel me what would be going threw your head

the church i go to is very accepting we have asian filapino north korean south korean and Greek and italian and australian and aborigonal and nigerian and south african christians worshiping together

God bless from damo

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

You think this is OK? No christian should see color we are all one in Christ and if we are truly christian we would treat all people the same.

White people should not discriminate against black people and black people should not discriminate against white.

did i say it was to be tollerated i think you need to go over what i said i am croation and i see this by the white australisns i know

my pastors in the farming community i was living in were ful blooded aborigonal pastors my fiancee is a filapino pastor and she even notices this attitude

so what then should be done has your country gone out of its way to say sorry for the way the black people were treated in the past ?

we said sorry to the way the aborigonal people were treated but ther are certain folk who wil not let go

my pastors wife was in tears when she shared what was said to her by certain white folk who found it hard to accept her

their are churches in australia that go out of there way were the pastor wil tel you to your face you are not welcome

its as if people think jesus died for the white man and the white man has al the say

what i hate is when you challange it head on not many are willing to come before the cross and let god take what they hold on to

were does it say in the bible jesus only gave his life to the white folk and were does it say in the bible that its only the white folk who will be ressurected ?

why are certain cultured groups hated by the white christians and why is it that christians love putting on the mask when their is a special event or the church needs funds ?

you put your self in my shoes or in a black mans shoes and you tel me what would be going threw your head

the church i go to is very accepting we have asian filapino north korean south korean and Greek and italian and australian and aborigonal and nigerian and south african christians worshiping together

God bless from damo

Racism is wrong. Period. I seriously do not believe an entire nation should be held responsible for the sins of past generations after repentence has occurred. How is that of God? Also, when people sin in response to past sins, it is still sin. If a Serb spit on your mother, do you think it is right to find another Serb who had never spoken ill of a Croation and spit on him? I don't believe you would, Damo because that is not within the character of the sweet man I have seen on these boards. So, why do you appear to be advocating racism from the standpoint of black Americans?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I can understand a church gearing itself more towards a specific race and/or culture, but I think it's completely wrong to ban other races/cultures from that church. There's an important difference there. A church which is just geared towards a specific race would still attract mostly people of that race, but should still welcome people of other races too. A church that BANS people of other races, though, is not acting in love AT ALL.

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

God bless from damo

Racism is wrong. Period. I seriously do not believe an entire nation should be held responsible for the sins of past generations after repentence has occurred. How is that of God? Also, when people sin in response to past sins, it is still sin. If a Serb spit on your mother, do you think it is right to find another Serb who had never spoken ill of a Croation and spit on him? I don't believe you would, Damo because that is not within the character of the sweet man I have seen on these boards. So, why do you appear to be advocating racism from the standpoint of black Americans?

high xan

i just dont know why this person picked what i said and thought i was advocating when i tried to share what i have observed since i have been a christian

the old church i use to be a member of taught me a lot and i tend to feel for my aborigonal christian brothers and sisters we are praying as this sort of hits home for me xan the aborigonal christians are not that easly accepted among some of the churches run by white christians

so when i responded i sort of new what would be going threw that person

what needs to be done is were bridges are built and were racism does not rule in our churches

my old pastor and his wife have only been accepted by a few pastors in the town i just moved from

i even have to nail what i feel when ever i hear a racist remark coming from a white person

i dont know what it is xan but the american black people remind me of what the aborigonal people had to put up with

this should not be happening but sadly we have health centers in australia catering for diffrent cultured groups

the one i was going to had aborigonal drs and australian drs i said to the staff at the front counter i have no problem seeing an aborigonal dr but because i told them i am croation they decided to pass me on there australian dr

i have seen were aborigonal people who walk into health centers are made to feel uncomfterbal xan

so you can say as god has given me a heart for my fiancees people i have a love for our aborigonal people

i just dont like having some one circle out what i say with out saying why they circled out what i have said

this person has not responded and i am weighting for him to respond

no an entire nation should not be held responsible but its up to us to put the hand out no matter what color the person is and say hello brother or hello sister

my country has its problems its very racist xan and i feared for my fiancee she wanted to give up her role as head pastor after we were married and move to australia so she can be with me i told her that it would be easy for me to leave australia as i said to her there are people in my country who are very racist i said christians can be the worse offenders as they do this when the pastor is not pressent

i also encouraged her not to give her role up as head pastor for me and said it would have been hard for her to pastor a church in australia not many churches will alow a female pastor with the skills my fiancee soon to be wife has pastor a church i told her it would have been hard for her i am not racist i just dont like having some one circle me out and then having to explaine my self so they understand were i am comming from

the church i was going to in the farming community i had white australian christians say to me i am mad for attending an all out aborigonal church i even had youth pastors tell me to my face that i was wasting my time with the aborigonal youth i was reaching out to the point were one youth pastor tried to rebuke me i soon showed him one of the young people i had reached out to was a gang leader he is now a born again christian this is what i hate christians wil only do this when there pastor is not pressent and i hate liars and ones who put on the mask

god bless from damo

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I finally gave up.

Thoughts?

God bless from damo

high xan

i just dont know why this person picked what i said and thought i was advocating when i tried to share what i have observed since i have been a christian

the old church i use to be a member of taught me a lot and i tend to feel for my aborigonal christian brothers and sisters we are praying as this sort of hits home for me xan the aborigonal christians are not that easly accepted among some of the churches run by white christians

so when i responded i sort of new what would be going threw that person

what needs to be done is were bridges are built and were racism does not rule in our churches

my old pastor and his wife have only been accepted by a few pastors in the town i just moved from

i even have to nail what i feel when ever i hear a racist remark coming from a white person

i dont know what it is xan but the american black people remind me of what the aborigonal people had to put up with

this should not be happening but sadly we have health centers in australia catering for diffrent cultured groups

the one i was going to had aborigonal drs and australian drs i said to the staff at the front counter i have no problem seeing an aborigonal dr but because i told them i am croation they decided to pass me on there australian dr

i have seen were aborigonal people who walk into health centers are made to feel uncomfterbal xan

so you can say as god has given me a heart for my fiancees people i have a love for our aborigonal people

i just dont like having some one circle out what i say with out saying why they circled out what i have said

this person has not responded and i am weighting for him to respond

no an entire nation should not be held responsible but its up to us to put the hand out no matter what color the person is and say hello brother or hello sister

my country has its problems its very racist xan and i feared for my fiancee she wanted to give up her role as head pastor after we were married and move to australia so she can be with me i told her that it would be easy for me to leave australia as i said to her there are people in my country who are very racist i said christians can be the worse offenders as they do this when the pastor is not pressent

i also encouraged her not to give her role up as head pastor for me and said it would have been hard for her to pastor a church in australia not many churches will alow a female pastor with the skills my fiancee soon to be wife has pastor a church i told her it would have been hard for her i am not racist i just dont like having some one circle me out and then having to explaine my self so they understand were i am comming from

the church i was going to in the farming community i had white australian christians say to me i am mad for attending an all out aborigonal church i even had youth pastors tell me to my face that i was wasting my time with the aborigonal youth i was reaching out to the point were one youth pastor tried to rebuke me i soon showed him one of the young people i had reached out to was a gang leader he is now a born again christian this is what i hate christians wil only do this when there pastor is not pressent and i hate liars and ones who put on the mask

god bless from damo

Thanks for taking the time to explain. You are difficult to understand, but it has always been worth the time to read carefully.