oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I am a recovering alcoholic. First I will touch on my experience with alcoholism. As an alcoholic, I found most of us suffer from what I call being marked. Yes, it

Edited by oak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Good post Oak.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/12/1976

Hi Oak!

Greta post! :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Oak. I was dually addicted, one was alcohol and the other was drugs, but God has removed the desire of both. I had been in AA and NA until I was told I could not speak of Jesus. I stopped. It was not until a few years ago that I found a different type of AA, a Christ centered one. Here is a link to their 12 steps. You will notice the difference. This is more Christ centered then the others. It has helped me and I hope it will also help you.

Thanks for sharing, my friend.

God Bless,

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

It is a point to make that GOD has need for some who do not know HIM to walk a certain path as well. If that path means they need to get a victory in one area of their life, than that will be so. GOD's grace and mercy are boundless.

There are three "wills" at work in the world.

GODs will

Satan's will

Man's will

God's is the strongest, man's is the weakest. If GOD pulls Satan off of someone without exerting any will of HIS own, that man will operate in a state of free will. But, since that would reduce him to his baser instinct of satisfying the flesh, he would not likely be an overcomer.

Until the time a man is set free by GOD, he is a slave to sin and Satan. Not until the HOLY Spirit intervenes does man truly desire to do good.

I am not sure why your question took me this direction except to say, many who are not Christians are healed or overcome illness. This is not an act of Satan, or an act of man, it is an act of GOD.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I am a recovering alcoholic. First I will touch on my experience with alcoholism. As an alcoholic, I found most of us suffer from what I call being marked. Yes, it

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Massorite, thank you for your response but it still amazes how people read the same text, and see it so differently.

First of all I'm not advocating AA. I am no longer in it but while there understood that Christ was the One that healed me. I am connected to a Church and was not writing about being out of touch with Christ.

I wanted to make several points. First, that an earthly program, can have principles that are aligned with Christ and it can succeed. If you want to take it a step further, even with sports you can learn a lot about the nature of good and evil - but that's another topic. Secondly, people who are Christians in the AA program or claim to be DO NOT succeed, while some non-believer

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Massorite, thank you for your response but it still amazes how people read the same text, and see it so differently.

First of all I'm not advocating AA. I am no longer in it but while there understood that Christ was the One that healed me. I am connected to a Church and was not writing about being out of touch with Christ.

I wanted to make several points. First, that an earthly program, can have principles that are aligned with Christ and it can succeed. If you want to take it a step further, even with sports you can learn a lot about the nature of good and evil - but that's another topic. Secondly, people who are Christians in the AA program or claim to be DO NOT succeed, while some non-believer

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/26/1969

Thank you for this post Oak!! My husband is a recovering alcoholic. He has only been sober a few months now but this is the longest he's ever been that way. He tried many times in the past to quit & it was only when he gave it over to God & truely let God take over that he was able to stop. Thankfully he has had no mood swings, Dts, or other signs of withdrawals( I was bracing myself for all of the above). Our home now has a joy in it & its a true joy. God has been so good to us & He has shown me (I'm quite stubborn) that we can do nothing on our own, if Gods not in it then chances of succeeding are nill. What an AWESOME God we have & I praise Him for all that he does for us all!!!! God bless you Oak & again thanks for the post! :thumbsup::rolleyes: