• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

It seems to me that people like me, people who live within their means and do not use credit, are benefitting greatly from the colapse of the stock market and the rapid fall in gas prices.

It also seems to me that the only ones who are being helped by the bail out are those who gambled money in the stock market and those who rely on credit to go through their lives. If you gamble more than you can afford to loose, to bad.

Seems to me that if the US government had an extra trillion dollars laying around, they could have returned it to the citizen tax payers and it could have been used to pay some of those back house payments. That would have kept people in their homes and shored up the house loan market.

But what do I know.

Still, I am glad for those falling gas prices.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

It seems to me that people like me, people who live within their means and do not use credit, are benefitting greatly from the colapse of the stock market and the rapid fall in gas prices.

It also seems to me that the only ones who are being helped by the bail out are those who gambled money in the stock market and those who rely on credit to go through their lives. If you gamble more than you can afford to loose, to bad.

Seems to me that if the US government had an extra trillion dollars laying around, they could have returned it to the citizen tax payers and it could have been used to pay some of those back house payments. That would have kept people in their homes and shored up the house loan market.

But what do I know.

You apparently know more than any of the dim bulbs in Washington, kross. Our government's meddling with the markets is one of the main reasons we will be in this mess for years. (Think of the bailouts for the auto and airline industries, then major banks.) I am waiting to see some Senators indicted......pressure needs to be applied unrelentingly on Congress until this happens.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

But what do I know.

You apparently know more than any of the dim bulbs in Washington, kross. Our government's meddling with the markets is one of the main reasons we will be in this mess for years. (Think of the bailouts for the auto and airline industries, then major banks.) I am waiting to see some Senators indicted......pressure needs to be applied unrelentingly on Congress until this happens.

><> ><> Same over here in the UK the banks ''gave'' money to those who couldn't handle it gambling on the lives of the weaker population. Mamon is very tempting & easily worshiped.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

You are correct Kross....700 billion would have just about paid off everybodies mortgage and put tons of money back into the banks.

To bad we don't have an administration and congress with the guts and leadership to actually help the people.

Good thing for us the Lord will return soon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

it is said,

that if every piece of money, every coin, bill and such through out the entire world, and all the houses and cars and such all gathered up and split up evenly to each and every person (over age 20) that with in just a short number of years (about 10 years) that about 90% of it would end up in the same hands as it was in before it was all gathered up and split....

people have made their beds, they will have to lay in it....

my grandparents had nothing, they worked (yes, they worked) to obtain a house (rented at first).

Papaw walked to school when he was a teen, his father had purchased a vehicle that he had WORKED FOR, it was not used to go running around, it was used for work or going into town.

Meme walked to school when she was a girl, yes, even in Iowa Falls, in the winter. I am not sure if they had a car or not, Grandpa Koko (Meme's father) was a carpenter and walked most places. Meme did not drive until my mom and uncle were in high school.

meanwhile, Papaw and Meme, had bought a car (with cash) while raising my mom and uncle, and bought their house. no credit used....

mom and dad, have used credit at times, buying a house and buying a car, other then that, if the money was not there, they did not buy it. they have credit cards, and they travel, they use the cards to reserve and hold a motel/hotel room so they can check in after 6 pm and ensure they have a room awaiting them. they pay cash when they get there and the card is not used.

They have worked for all they have, and their comfortable life in retirement. they do things they want to do, when they want to do. they are still frugile and do not spend needlessly.

I have not had a credit card since 1995, got rid of them.....why? well, i found my ex was using them and hiding the statements, even found one that i did not know we had. I had my first credit card at the age of 16, used it to buy tires for my car that I paid cash for (1961 Meteor 600 2 door hard top). my second car, i paid cash for (1961 bug, turned it into a baja bug). my third car, actually a motor cycle (1978 Honda Twinstar) bought on credit, my next vehicle was a 1978 Firebird, I paid cash for.

Teresa and me are debt free save for the houses, and a medical bill we are paying off. (we have 10 houses at this time, and looking into a 40 acre camp ground and canoe rental business). even while unemployed for about 4 months last year 2007, we did not miss a single house payment nor did we have any utilities shut off..... this economy? I only wish we had saved more, for the houses are cheap and availible to buy. the last one we bought for only $6,000. thats right, six thousand.

the society we live in is one that WE WANT IT NOW.... we are greedy, we covet everything our neighbor has.... not many house holds are with out a computer now, some have multiples one for every person.... then we look at all the cars parked out front, how many were paid for by cash?

the country wants it now..... we want freedom, we want security, but we do not want to work for it, we do not want to sacrafice anything for everything, we want it handed to us on a silver platter, WE ARE SPOILED ROTTEN.... if we do not get what we want, we throw a fit, we throw a tempertantrum.....

we need to get rid of our dept, and stay out of dept.... The Bible, the Holy Word of God, tells us this..... dept is bondage.

if we are good stewards with the little things, God will allow us to have greater things to be stewards over....

mike

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969