SoulGrind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

In my simple view, given the circumstance no decisive proofs one way or the other exist

as to the being or non-being of God, they which decide God not exist doso merely from their desire God not exist. Those devoted to knowledge would stand undecided, relative

to one not having their own personal witness of God.

It's interesting, science derives from personal witness and employs the concensus

of testimonies to validate it's assertions of knowledge. As it happens, there be also

honest and genuine testimonies of ones own personal witness of the Soul of God or

such, and they also may share the likeness of description which concensus is.

In fairness, by such concensus each share a valid place as knowledge.

:sad030:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The word belief is more appropriate for they which have not a knowledge of God.

I have a multitidue of personal witnesses and experiences of God which allow

me to profess a knowledge of God, though in no sense an authoritative nor complete

knowledge. They are surely priviledged and Holy, and are the basis for my life now,

yet I am more a seeker than a submitter and my devotion to the Truths I can see

must always temper my decisions.

My current views concerning Jesus are more established from his own direct statements

in the Gospels, and not necessarily what protestant faith supposes him to be.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

Yep, it's a belief in the opposite extreme. There is neither empyrical evidence to prove God or prove no God. It's just as much of a religion as Christianity, and oftentimes a lot more obnoxious! These atheists force their 'truth' onto anyone- THERE IS NO GOD, YOU IGNORANT FOOL! REPENT, AND BELIEVE IN NOTHING!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The word belief is more appropriate for they which have not a knowledge of God.

I have a multitidue of personal witnesses and experiences of God which allow

me to profess a knowledge of God, though in no sense an authoritative nor complete

knowledge. They are surely priviledged and Holy, and are the basis for my life now,

yet I am more a seeker than a submitter and my devotion to the Truths I can see

must always temper my decisions.

My current views concerning Jesus are more established from his own direct statements

in the Gospels, and not necessarily what protestant faith supposes him to be.

Than let me be more direct. Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Are you a Christian?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yep, it's a belief in the opposite extreme. There is neither empyrical evidence to prove God or prove no God. It's just as much of a religion as Christianity, and oftentimes a lot more obnoxious! These atheists force their 'truth' onto anyone- THERE IS NO GOD, YOU IGNORANT FOOL! REPENT, AND BELIEVE IN NOTHING!

Notice that atheists almost always look angry. But...I suppose I'd be angry too if I had nothing. :sad030:

Soften up pokemaughan, please. Pitting belief against belief is not the way, but attaining

knowledge is. An intolerant and closed-minded allegiance to a scripture humanly written,

though sometimes Holy guided, is at the root of the atheists' arguement. Blind assertions

do not serve to evidence a healthy person, and christianity is in dire needs of more health!

In the circumstance where so much is unknown, it's important to respect belief is akin to

opinion and opinions are NOT knowledge. Opinions can be wrong, and it's more reasonable

one would hold their opinions with that in mind.

The protestant faith is one body of opinion whilst the Roman Catholic faith is another. Both

cannot be wholely true, and so the contribution each can make to the whole purpose of

our knowledge of God altogether is most served by healthy fact-based discussion and

sharing.

As it is, there are very very very few which do infact possess the genuine witness and

knowledge of the Soul and the Eternal Soul God is. Among those few, there are even less

which go in search of greater truths and understanding, but content themselves instead with

the claims of their own faith.

I am not an enemy to christianity, but I am a devotion to the Truth, and I work everyday

to find more answers to those questions which God and right and wrong and such are.

OneLight:

You would most likely not understand my answer, but I'll offer some of it.

From a rather large volume of insights and many years of reasoning, it occurs to me

Jesus would be God incarnate, given to the crucifiction as by that God's admits to and

atones for the sinful character humankind is and which it is responsible for to be. The sin

of Adam and Eve is the sin of God, and death is the consequence of sin.

Our embrace of the crucifiction is our acceptance of God's apology, and in kind our

admission of shame and regret of our sins against one another. In this, God and

humankind are reconciled, though that is not fully realized until all humankind are

reconciled and compensated, which can only occur when creation is ended.

Edited by TheStudent

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Soften up pokemaughan, please. Pitting belief against belief is not the way, but attaining

knowledge is. An intolerant and closed-minded allegiance to a scripture humanly written,

though sometimes Holy guided, is at the root of the atheists' arguement. Blind assertions

do not serve to evidence a healthy person, and christianity is in dire needs of more health!

In the circumstance where so much is unknown, it's important to respect belief is akin to

opinion and opinions are NOT knowledge. Opinions can be wrong, and it's more reasonable

one would hold their opinions with that in mind.

The protestant faith is one body of opinion whilst the Roman Catholic faith is another. Both

cannot be wholely true, and so the contribution each can make to the whole purpose of

our knowledge of God altogether is most served by healthy fact-based discussion and

sharing.

As it is, there are very very very few which do infact possess the genuine witness and

knowledge of the Soul and the Eternal Soul God is. Among those few, there are even less

which go in search of greater truths and understanding, but content themselves instead with

the claims of their own faith.

I am not an enemy to christianity, but I am a devotion to the Truth, and I work everyday

to find more answers to those questions which God and right and wrong and such are.

I have this thing about reading between the lines. It is called assuming, something I don't like to do. So, please have patience with me. Does your statement "I am not an enemy to christianity" mean that you are not a Christian?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Student.

Do you confess the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?

Yes or no, please. I have no desire to quibble over semantics.

What it means is my knowledge and trust in God and Jesus is unique, not decided by the

churches, but neither entirely seperate from them. If you only see your own version of belief as the only valid one, then no, I'm not your type of christian.

btw: Ovedya

You should not decide you can command people....I answer as I choose.

Edited by TheStudent