• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Since my husband died, I seem to be running, not walking, away from God. At first, I thought it was harmless. It's okay to grieve right? But, without getting into details, lets just say that it's bit me in the behind.

I am so far away from God that I'm not sure it's possible to get back. It's not good. I'm not in a good place emotionally, physically, or spiritually.

I seem to be headed the wrong way on a one way street . Right now, I'm not even sure how to turn around. I'm questioning the willingness of my heart. I have so much anger towards God for taking my husband. I haven't went so far as to start practicing again or stuff but I feel it's close if something in my life doesn't give.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out for some feedback.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Honey, why be angry at God? He didn't "take' your husband. Your husband died. Jesus grieves with you! Until you see Jesus as the one who loves you like no other, and respond to His comfort, you will remain trapped in this mindset of blaming God. I believe that as anger is one of the 7 passages of grief, one can become stuck in any one of them.

With Jesus, you can bypass ALL of the stages of grief and come to acceptance and a newfound joy! Be determined, and set your eyes on Jesus!

Psalm 112:7

They do not fear bad news;

they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.

Hebrews 12:2

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."

Matthew 5:4

I read the Beatitudes a lot in church, they're transcribed in the front of all our published service orders, to be used in private prayer before the service begins. If I'm honest I can't tell you what they mean, but I do know that God didn't take your husband away for spite, Angelique. God loves you, and He loves your husband, so much He brought him home to be with Him in Heaven. God knows how you feel, and I just know that God is getting further away from you, even if you feel like He is. God is right there beside you and He'll help you through this difficult time. He helped me through a time of loss, not as deep as yours, but very hard for me, and continues to help me. Lucky for me He's so patient with me whenever I have a thought about the people I've lost or feel guilty about the things I did that made them go away. He forgives me and He loves me, and He forgives and loves you too.

I wish I could for more for you, but seperated as we are by the Atlantic Ocean all I can do is keep you in my prayers and be here if you want to talk to me remotely. Better to talk to God though, spill it out to Him and let Him dry your tears.

Feel better, Angelique. You're in my thoughts and prayers. :thumbs_up:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Floatingaxe took my words. God didn't take your husband, ~~Angelique~~. It is only natural to be angry.....at the situation....at the lonliness....at whatever you can strike out at. The thing of it is, there is nothing to strike out at. When my mother died I was so angry. I was only 23 and she was my best friend. But there was no real place to vent my anger. I did get angry with God. But my mother was very sick. And when I would sit at rationally think about it, God really showed His love by taking her home. Think about this and try to see where God saved your husband physical pain. One of the many things that happened with my mother was kidney failure. She had to be on a dialysis machine and that was not fun.

You are feeling the prompting of the Holy Spirit calling you back. You can never run to far away from God so as to not be able to come back. He understands your anger and your grief. He still loves you and is willing to forgive. I am sure you know the story of the Prodigal Son. He was as far away from his father as he could be. He was even dining with the pigs!!! A very un-Jewish thing to do. But when he realized that even a servant in his father's house was better off than he was, he left the pigsty and went home.

"And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants." Luke 15:17-18

Now, that's a wonderful story, but what often gets missed is that his father was watching for him.

"And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him." Luke 15:20

The father was watching for his son to come home and when he did the father ran to him and kissed him. The father rejoiced that his son came home and threw a party.

You are feeling the feelings that the son felt. You, too, can come back to the Father. He is watching for you, ~~Angelique~~, and will rejoice when you finally come back to Him. You're never too far away to come home.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I know that some will be upset that I cut-and-paste this, but this is the sermon that Dr. Charles Stanley from yesterday. I am prayerful that it is a help for you.

The Costly Decision to Run From God

Charles F. Stanley

Scripture: Jonah 1:1-3

1. Introduction: Anytime that we choose to disobey the Lord's specific instructions to us, we are running from Him. The story of Jonah illustrates what can happen when a person rebels against the Almighty. The narrative teaches us a powerful lesson about the foolishness of resisting God's will.
  2. What can we learn from the story of Jonah?

1. The Lord does not withdraw His command simply because we are unwilling to obey it. Although Jonah ran from the God's will, the divine command remained unchanged. If you don't hear the Lord's voice, ask Him to communicate in a way that you can understand. The Father speaks to us through His Word, through our conscience, and through the Holy Spirit.
    2. It is impossible to run from God successfully.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS SERMON, IT BELONGS TO DR. CHARLES STANLEY AND IS AVAILABLE AT THE SITE ABOVE.

1. Jonah took a ship "to flee to Tarshish and from the presence of the LORD" (Jonah 1:3). When God sent a fierce storm that threatened to capsize the boat, the prophet told the sailors to cast him overboard if they wanted to survive. Apparently, he was willing to die rather than obey God (v. 12). Only after Jonah found himself in the belly of "a great fish" was he willing to obey the Lord (2:1-9).
  2. How do people today attempt to run from God? They act to please themselves rather than do what the Lord desires of them. For example, they ignore wise counsel regarding a potential marriage partner or refuse to discipline their children. You cannot disobey God without it costing you in some way.

[*]Running from the Lord results in painful circumstances. The greater the call on your life, the more guilt you will feel when you choose to rebel. Jonah felt so uncomfortable that he was willing to die. He told the sailors, "Throw me into the sea" (1:12). Sin always results in loss of some kind. We may lose abilities, time, money, opportunities, or relationships.

[*]When you run from God, your disobedience will often bring pain and loss to others. Jonah's rebellion cost the sailors their cargo and, therefore, their profit from the voyage. He also endangered their lives. We like to think that sin is a private matter and no one will be hurt by our disobedience. But when we rebel against the Lord, there is always a price.

[*]The Father's grace frequently provides a second chance.

1. Many times the Lord gives us another opportunity to obey Him. After the sea creature deposited Jonah on land, the prophet traveled to Nineveh and preached to the people.They responded to the divine warning and turned from their evil ways (3:1-5).
  2. The Lord isn't looking for perfect men and women; rather, He seeks those who are available to serve Him. When judgment didn't fall on the wicked city, the prophet was so angry and depressed that he asked the Lord to take his life (4:1-8). But God used Jonah despite his attitude.

[*]Running from God can be eternally disastrous. Scripture says that we reap what we sow (Gal. 6:7-8). Those who run from the Lord by choosing not to believe in His Son will reap eternal separation from Him.

[*]Conclusion: When believers rebel against God's will, they bring pain and loss upon themselves as well as other people. The good news is that the Lord often gives a second chance to obey Him. Have you been running from your Creator in some area of your life? If so, return to the Father and give Him complete control. He delights to work through available, obedient servants. Sermon Outline

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/16/1968

Angelique, are there any widows in your church that you can talk to and fellowship with and grieve alongside with? If so please seek them out. Nothing beats that intimate small group fellowship that you can open up to. Plus you can be an indirect blessing to them, especially the elder widows, to allow them to minister to you with their wisdom and experience and comfort. You all can support each other as the Body of Christ should be doing.

I know I'm just a newbie here in your eyes but please don't forget about your fellow widow sisters in your church. Your pastor might know of another church group who can help you out if no widows in your church.

My belated condolences to you, my sister-in-Christ, beloved by God.

:047:

Edited by Ton80

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Sister, may you find comfort in understanding this passage ...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Everything Has Its Time

To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to be born,

And a time to die;

A time to plant,

And a time to pluck what is planted;

A time to kill,

And a time to heal;

A time to break down,

And a time to build up;