• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

I think celebrating the birth of Christ at a different time of year would be excellent. It would then be seperated away from the secular Christmas which has overtaken the true meaning of the day.

I think Christians all to often choose to turn and run and give territory to the enemy. Stand and fight the spiritual war. Put on the full armor and reclaim the season.

While we are at it, we should reclaim music and movies and TV and magazines and declare war on Satan in everyone of his strongholds.

What's this tuck your tails under your legs and high tail it talk. :21:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I don't see anyone doing that here. Tail tucking, I mean.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I think celebrating the birth of Christ at a different time of year would be excellent. It would then be seperated away from the secular Christmas which has overtaken the true meaning of the day.

Yes, in the secular world secular Christmas has taken over the true meaning of the day. but I don

Now that idea I like!!!

:emot-prettywink:

yes, Amen !!! These can be the 'holidays' that everyone wants. we can trade gifts and celebrate the end of a good year. quiet, reverential celebrations can take place in september. however, if my memory serves me, the jewish people did not celebrate birthdays. they didn't consider it a good thing to do.

:emot-prettywink:

I think Christians all to often choose to turn and run and give territory to the enemy. Stand and fight the spiritual war. Put on the full armor and reclaim the season.

While we are at it, we should reclaim music and movies and TV and magazines and declare war on Satan in everyone of his strongholds.

What's this tuck your tails under your legs and high tail it talk. :huh:

Well, given that even the seculars state that Christ was not born on the 25th of Dec. and that this was originally a pagan holiday, let them have it, if thats what they want.

It is not my intention to turn tail and run, but rather to pick high ground of my own choosing to stand and fight. :emot-prettywink:

PS....you know, having a seperate day celebrating the birth of Christ has some real exciting possibilities, not only for worship and praise, but evangelism as well.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

What's this tuck your tails under your legs and high tail it talk. -_-

Well, given that even the seculars state that Christ was not born on the 25th of Dec. and that this was originally a pagan holiday, let them have it, if thats what they want.

It is not my intention to turn tail and run, but rather to pick high ground of my own choosing to stand and fight. :help:

PS....you know, having a seperate day celebrating the birth of Christ has some real exciting possibilities, not only for worship and praise, but evangelism as well.

I know, let's do it every Sunday :101:

That would be different

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Now that idea I like!!!

I am not cutting anyone down here, just making an observation.

I believe no matter when a person decided to celebrate it, there would always be some one trying to find something about the date that was pagan or other things that was not "right" about it....

just like having a "Christmas" tree, my question is what makes the pine tree ( or other type of evergreen tree) pagan? just cause some one says so? Who Made the tree(s)???? are we worshipping the tree? or the creator of the tree?

are we worshipping the day of the creator of the day?

by the way, we are going to celebrate Judith day on 7 January, calling it Judithmas, and then Feb 20th, Cricketmas and then April 2nd Michaelmas, and then April 1st Janicemas, April 19th Dorothymas, April 21st Kevinmas, April 25th Jerrymas....

Giving gifts on Christmas, needs to be looked at..... we give gifts to others as God gave us the greatest gift of all. the gifts we give others should be from the heart...... a teacher I had in school had a wonderful way of celebrating birthdays.........

His children had to get a gift for their mother on their birthdays, on Christmas, they all gave gifts to others to help spread the Love of Christ, sharing their time their own gifts with others.

I have known others that before the children were allowed to open their gifts on Christmas, they gave others gifts, providing dinner for homeless or helping out at the soup lines or shelters.....

we have not had decorations up for over 6 years. we have provided gifts to others, have not wanted any for ourselves, infact, have told the kids to use their monies for their needs (education, lodging and the needy rather then us) (one reason, where are we going to put it????)

blessings to all, stay warm, stay dry, stay faithful....

mike

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I don't think it matters, although I would prefer that we celebrated our Lord's birth at the proper time. It is all about Him.

If it is all about Him, then the time cannot matter and there is no "proper time"

The bottom line here is that we are supposed to celebrate Christ every day because everything would be nothing without Christ. Dates and times are very important to God. He has commanded His people to celebrate certain holydays at certain times of the year on a specific day or the celebration is supposed to begin to be celebrated on a specific day of a specific month of the year. If it is all about Jesus it is all about God as well and God cares a lot about specific dates as He has shown us in scripture. So to say that the date of the birth of Christ doesn't matter is to speak contrary to what the word of God has already should us about God. I believe that God saw what was coming and purposely made it impossible for us to discover the actual birth date of Christ and if the birth date of Christ was so important to God so that He has kept it a secret or hidden from us we should not be arbitrarily picking a date to celebrate that which Jesus Himself didn't celebrate and considered to be a pagan practice.

Now does the bible say that Jesus disapproved of the celebration of His birthday? The answer is No! What the bible does tell us is that Jesus was a Rabbi just like any other Jewish Rabbi who had long locks of hair hanging down on each side of His face just like Hasidim Jews have or wear today. Which tells us that Jesus ascribed to and believed in all of the same doctrinal teaching just like every other Jewish Rabbi. Jesus the Jewish Rabbi attended all of the feasts, lived by all or most of the rules and regulations set down by God to Moses and practiced all of the rituals that God commanded His people to observe.

I think that we all should be asking ourselves why God hid the true birth date of His son from us because if it matted enough to God to hide it from us it should matter to us.

But we do have the choice to us pagan holydays, rituals and practices to celebrate Christ and most Christians us paganism to celebrate Christ every year. Do you think that God is blessed by the use of Paganism to celebrate His Son? I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Massorite.

I agree with Running Gators statement....

for like the 100th time, we do not use paganism to celebrate Christ, this is not only false, but it is a falsehood that you know to be such and you should stop spreading lies about your fellow Christians. As I said before, the fact that pagans might worship a tree does not make my Christmas tree a pagan object any more than me standing in a barn makes me a tractor. There is no pagan Paganism going on here, this is something you have made up, it seems, so that you can have something to look down on people for.

The fir tree is just a tree...a tree created by G-d....who saw that what He created was good!

If someone wants to paganize this tree and use it in some sort of satanic ritual..that is clearly wrong, and I would not be joining those festivities.

If it is simply a tradition at this time of year to cut down a fir tree and decorate it...completely devoid of any pagan context...then I do not have a problem...I am not involved in any sort of pagan worship or ritual, known or inadvertant....therfore I am not a participator by any stretch of the imagination in an occult practice...the only thing I can be accused of is celebrating Jesus' birthday on what was more likely the time of His conception, and having an enjoyable time with friends or family.

It is the same as eating meat offered to idols, which I think was mentioned before....meat in itself is not bad, I am content to eat it, but if I find out it is dedicated to some false god or is used in some occult ritual...I will not be eating it. The meat is not bad...it is what others have surrounded it with that is wrong....I will still eat the same type of meat, but I will remove myself from the context of the pagan ritual.

If somehow your conscience hurts when considering Christmas trees, and you believe you have unearthed suficient evidence to abhor their decorative usage, then thats fine...don't have one, but you must understand that other Believers are at liberty to do so with a clear conscience.

In love. Botz