backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible to overcome Legalism in the Church and other institutions of higher learning that teach man the nature of Christ.

God is a simplistic God in which his Love cannot be explained with our common Languages. Yet we somehow seem to complicate the simple in everything we do and teach. When will we understand that God's grace covers all things even the things Like Legalism, false teachings when the Word is as plain as day. The finger must be pointed at us yes all of us and can we change?

Denominations some 39,000 thrive on this Technique for control which literally quiches the spirit or move of God!

How far must we go before we wake up and Let God almighty unite us as one body!

It is most depressing when we do not even see the great falling away in which believers are turning away from the Church to get freed from there infirmities and problems, stupid usless programs social clubs and the grip of greed that produces no works. Could we be enterning into a magnificent move of God to restore his Church in the final chapter of the bible! Instead of people coming to us for advice they run away because of all the Sin and past experiences many have had in the Church. Self indulgence and Complicated procedures we try to force people into thinking we must be fully learned and taught before we are excepted by God! We can do nothing unless we measure us to his standards set forth by the Church when Jesus did all that for us. The minute we say Yes Lord we are ready for action on the batlefied for souls and miricles!

I also see much Legalism here on this board and widespread all over the net!

Help God please help us to realize the Job you have for us to do on this earth and how we must come together as one to accomplish this task and sad to say I see it occuring outside the sleeping church!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/20/1942

Is it possible to overcome Legalism in the Church and other institutions of higher learning that teach man the nature of Christ.

God is a simplistic God in which his Love cannot be explained with our common Languages. Yet we somehow seem to complicate the simple in everything we do and teach. When will we understand that God's grace covers all things even the things Like Legalism, false teachings when the Word is as plain as day. The finger must be pointed at us yes all of us and can we change?

Denominations some 39,000 thrive on this Technique for control which literally quiches the spirit or move of God!

How far must we go before we wake up and Let God almighty unite us as one body!

It is most depressing when we do not even see the great falling away in which believers are turning away from the Church to get freed from there infirmities and problems, stupid usless programs social clubs and the grip of greed that produces no works. Could we be enterning into a magnificent move of God to restore his Church in the final chapter of the bible! Instead of people coming to us for advice they run away because of all the Sin and past experiences many have had in the Church. Self indulgence and Complicated procedures we try to force people into thinking we must be fully learned and taught before we are excepted by God! We can do nothing unless we measure us to his standards set forth by the Church when Jesus did all that for us. The minute we say Yes Lord we are ready for action on the batlefied for souls and miricles!

I also see much Legalism here on this board and widespread all over the net!

Help God please help us to realize the Job you have for us to do on this earth and how we must come together as one to accomplish this task and sad to say I see it occuring outside the sleeping church!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/20/1942

I agee with you.

I think we need to go to Christ's teaching and spend several weeks praying. meditating and discussing this saying of His:

"The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

The problems is often that people focus on what Church leaders and committees say about running an institution than people focusing on Christ's teaching.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people, who are after all semi-literate in the USA anyway. can't read for themselves Christ's teaching and understand that that is where there focus ought to be than to listen to the endless squabbles by Church hierachies who have ut Jesuss' teachings on the back burner and in His name try out new forms of the old Mosaic law.

It really is time for people to change.

yonatan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

there is alot of legalism ,,, im sure im guilty of it at times (who aint ) i catch myself doing this when a core belief is being looked at like some ppl think water baptism is a requirment for salvation ,,, some dont ,,, either way as long as you ask jesus to be your savior what does it truly matter ,,, some argue the thief wasnt baptised and i agree ,,,ehh but you know i may be wrong ,,, but im not gonna start a war over it lol,,, to me its how you look at ppl in general,,, like my mother in law thinks you must wear your sunday best to church or its a sin (i have worn coveralls to our church lol) but hey if she thinks its all that importaint that i wears a suit then i do (when shes around) and when my mormon cusins come over to visit us (im nondenom with southern baptist background)if they insist on saying jesus was satans brother,,, then i point it out in the bible that god said jesus was his only begotten son ,,, and i drop it ,,, we are not to offend (if we can help it)like some ppl wont print god on the computer they print g-d ,,, ok by me i know what it means it means god ,,, like you seeing things simple im cool with that and i believe your sincear (? cant spell lol) and see yer point ,,, but consider this ,,, maybe these ppl that are legalist are still working out there own salvation ,,, in there mind ,,, because we all know that the holy ghost teaches us gods interpritation right ???,,, cause my interpritation is wrong unless its god teaching me and i speak his words ,,, maybe its part of a transition that we all go thru ,,, like growing up ,,, a phase ,,, i mean how could i know what a pharrase is if i didnt see it in myself at one point in my walk with jesus ,,, or how could i see a legalist if i too at one point in my walk with jesus wasnt being one (jesus points this stuff out to me when i get uppity :thumbsup: )

i do see yer point but jesus taught me a hard lesson on this thing and others ,,, if i see a sin or a bad habit in my bro ,,, im realling saying i see it in me too ,,, i teach my kids a word does not make a chapter ,,, but look at the word just in case they are right :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Define legalism.

Its been my experience that the church has become an "anything goes" institution that isn't really getting the "job" done.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Define legalism.

Its been my experience that the church has become an "anything goes" institution that isn't really getting the "job" done.

but maybe it's okay. after all, all they really have to do is speak the Word. God will do the 'job'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I agree that the body has become too complacent in it's safety and comfortable in the world. We have become lukewarm. So much so that there are those who feel comfortable enough around us to call themselves believers, but are not. Those are the ones who will fall away under the Satanic deception for they are not under His grace.

There is a line though that we should be aware of. A line where we should not cross and that line is where we are too acceptable to everything. God has given us wisdom and discernment to use for His good. As His time draws near, we need to ensure that we draw nearer to Him and know when these Satanic works are there.

The Emergent Church has lowered it's value of His word to become acceptable to everyone, just like the world has with is political correctness. It is not standing on His word in fear of turning someone away. We can not be like these.

We need to be as the Bereans were, taking what we hear and put it up against His word to see if it is from Him or not. A lie can be so close to the truth, that if we do not do this, we may find ourselves on the wrong path.

I see that prayer, studying His word, worship and fasting as tools that allow us to become less so He can become more in our lives. I encourage all to humble themselves and draw near to Him. He is the only way ... there is no other.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

All of you have posted wisdom. So I see hope in our unity already.

Jesus, make us one because that is our destiny. amen

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

Define legalism.

worldly churches,,, yeah i agree with you ,,, it took me a while to find a church that had some grit (and not be self serving) but i hear ya like that one guy that said give me 8 million or god will take me to heaven :thumbsup: i kept up with it to see if he would (poof),,, he only got around 6 or 7 mil ,,, but it turns out he said god changed his mind and no (poof) was coming ,,, i woulda sent some money had he (poofed) :emot-hug: ya know like maybe another 8 mil would make him (poof) back :blush2: but since he said there was gonna be a (poof) and it didnt happen (ya know like not even a levitation or nothin)i had to put him back in the crack pot bag (im being totaly sarcastic about this one guy) may be i could send him some monoply money ,,, the last church i did that to thru me out :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Define legalism.

worldly churches,,, yeah i agree with you ,,, it took me a while to find a church that had some grit (and not be self serving) but i hear ya like that one guy that said give me 8 million or god will take me to heaven :emot-hug: i kept up with it to see if he would (poof),,, he only got around 6 or 7 mil ,,, but it turns out he said god changed his mind and no (poof) was coming ,,, i woulda sent some money had he (poofed) :blush2: ya know like maybe another 8 mil would make him (poof) back :emot-highfive: but since he said there was gonna be a (poof) and it didnt happen (ya know like not even a levitation or nothin)i had to put him back in the crack pot bag (im being totaly sarcastic about this one guy) may be i could send him some monoply money ,,, the last church i did that to thru me out :thumbsup:

I know this man you talk about and I admire him much! I have seen many fall because they think they hear Gods voice! We all make mistakes but oh How God takes us back no questions! No condemnation he just says come here Son lets try again! :emot-questioned: