backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

What does healing have to do with legalism? Furthermore, how can you say the church doesn't discuss legalism...they've darn near built a doctrine around it. And Jesus was not calling us to do greater miracles than He did. The "work" that Jesus said we would do greater is spreading the message of Christ and it had nothing at all to do with performing miracles.

The apostles did not exceed in doing greater miracles than Jesus did, and regular Christians did not have the ability to produce miracles the apostles did. Paul in 1 Corinthians 12:29-30 asks the church

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The increase of knowledge within the past 150 years have been astounding, more then all the knowledge combined since the creation. Yes, we have more tools to use today, but it is not tools that we need, but a closer relationship with God. We are to lead by example, bringing His word to everyone. I personally do not believe that knowledge will do this. It takes the personal touch of one person into another persons life, as Jesus did. Many, when they heard about Jesus, came to Him, by the throngs. He did not have to go and search them out. The Holy Spirit will draw onto you whom He will.

Be assured that the epiphany you are feeling has been felt by many. Searching through the threads on this board alone, you will find many posts talking about how the church is missing the mark. This is not new news.

The term legalism means salvation through works. I have to disagree that this is here on the boards as you claim. It has been stated more then other facts, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." The churches I have attended do not preach legalism either. They stress faith in Jesus and His works of salvation for all.

Those in the ministry here are solid Christians that bring the word of God to the world everyday. They search the scripture to help those who are seeking a better relationship with Christ and work hard to ensure that the indoctrination of false teachings are not successful. There are also many users here that do the same. That, Brother, is why many here are questioning what you are posting. When a red flag pops up, we pay attention. I all love, we don't want to see anyone head down the wrong path.

May I suggest that you slow down and read what you are saying to us so that there be no misunderstanding and that what you say is really what you mean. Read it from our standpoint, not yours. One thing I learned is that when I write something in a hurry, it does not come out the way I meant it, causing issues that should of not been there. Step back and try to look at your words through our eyes, the reader. You know what you are trying to say, but we don't. We see what is posted and that is all we have to go on.

As I stated in another thread of yours, I can see your zeal. Your desire to help bring the church back to where you believe it should be is causing you to move way too fast. The problem will be there ... ensure that you are still "ontrack" when you get to it. Become grounded in His word. All you need is the Bible and not a lot of other peoples writings. God never told us that the Holy Spirit will bring back to our memory what man has said, but only what He has said. Focus on His words. Sure, it is good to know what others think, but in the end, it only matters what God thinks.

Read it from our standpoint, not yours.

What does healing have to do with legalism? Furthermore, how can you say the church doesn't discuss legalism...they've darn near built a doctrine around it. And Jesus was not calling us to do greater miracles than He did. The "work" that Jesus said we would do greater is spreading the message of Christ and it had nothing at all to do with performing miracles.

The apostles did not exceed in doing greater miracles than Jesus did, and regular Christians did not have the ability to produce miracles the apostles did. Paul in 1 Corinthians 12:29-30 asks the church

An all out discussion on several matters that the body of Christ refuses to address!

If it found lacking, can you honestly call it the body of Christ?

I guess Mt 17:20 does not apply and it is as plain as the words on the page!

I have never moved a Mountain but Jesus said it was possible!

Were are not made perfect by Man but by Christ! If we lack does not mean we are not part of the body!

We just need to move out of the dark into the light!

Legalism cause us to be Luke Warm!

Our whole society including this Country (USA) survives only because of Christians humbling themselves to God! I am very disturbed at the low key responses addressed!

Look around people the writing is on the wall, something is out of whack and its not God!

We can discuss and argue but the bottom Line is this?

If the claims made on this board and my post and responses draw a red flag, Good!

If your so right and I am so wrong then we not just myself have a serious problem!

I refuse to listen to Lame excuses given. God is waiting for us to move and take this country back, he can't back a people who will not move out in faith!

People need delivered from the Satanic attacks that are tearing this country apart! It is only going to get worse if we are complacent. How much destruction will be expectable before you get the message!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Is it possible to overcome Legalism in the Church
Just do not make the mistake of confusing holiness for legalism. If someone wants to obey God, keep His commandments, and honor His words this is a good thing, especially when done out of a love for Christ. I have found that even though we have been called to holiness by God Himself, the church looks down on those trying to live right, calling them legalistic and judgmental.

I think that is a good point.

We should all aspire to be Holy.

I still don't have a good definition of "legalism" though, what exactly does it mean is there an agreed upon definition?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Is it possible to overcome Legalism in the Church
Just do not make the mistake of confusing holiness for legalism. If someone wants to obey God, keep His commandments, and honor His words this is a good thing, especially when done out of a love for Christ. I have found that even though we have been called to holiness by God Himself, the church looks down on those trying to live right, calling them legalistic and judgmental.

I think that is a good point.

We should all aspire to be Holy.

I still don't have a good definition of "legalism" though, what exactly does it mean is there an agreed upon definition?

I don't have an exact definition either. But I always refered to legalism as a "religious" spirit. Or like the pharisees, they were like white washed seplachurs, all clean on the out side but full of dead mens bones.

But I don't believe thats all christians or churches or even the majority.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

The increase of knowledge within the past 150 years have been astounding, more then all the knowledge combined since the creation. Yes, we have more tools to use today, but it is not tools that we need, but a closer relationship with God. We are to lead by example, bringing His word to everyone. I personally do not believe that knowledge will do this. It takes the personal touch of one person into another persons life, as Jesus did. Many, when they heard about Jesus, came to Him, by the throngs. He did not have to go and search them out. The Holy Spirit will draw onto you whom He will.

Be assured that the epiphany you are feeling has been felt by many. Searching through the threads on this board alone, you will find many posts talking about how the church is missing the mark. This is not new news.

The term legalism means salvation through works. I have to disagree that this is here on the boards as you claim. It has been stated more then other facts, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." The churches I have attended do not preach legalism either. They stress faith in Jesus and His works of salvation for all.

Those in the ministry here are solid Christians that bring the word of God to the world everyday. They search the scripture to help those who are seeking a better relationship with Christ and work hard to ensure that the indoctrination of false teachings are not successful. There are also many users here that do the same. That, Brother, is why many here are questioning what you are posting. When a red flag pops up, we pay attention. I all love, we don't want to see anyone head down the wrong path.

May I suggest that you slow down and read what you are saying to us so that there be no misunderstanding and that what you say is really what you mean. Read it from our standpoint, not yours. One thing I learned is that when I write something in a hurry, it does not come out the way I meant it, causing issues that should of not been there. Step back and try to look at your words through our eyes, the reader. You know what you are trying to say, but we don't. We see what is posted and that is all we have to go on.

As I stated in another thread of yours, I can see your zeal. Your desire to help bring the church back to where you believe it should be is causing you to move way too fast. The problem will be there ... ensure that you are still "ontrack" when you get to it. Become grounded in His word. All you need is the Bible and not a lot of other peoples writings. God never told us that the Holy Spirit will bring back to our memory what man has said, but only what He has said. Focus on His words. Sure, it is good to know what others think, but in the end, it only matters what God thinks.

Read it from our standpoint, not yours.

Wow ... it is very obvious that you don't know how to write then. Writers write for the reader. We, who read your posts are not mind readers and can only take your words at face value, which you keep telling us we are wrong by back stepping to correct yourself.

As a Christian that is trying to get his point across, you should check you attitude.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Backontrack, your suggestions lead me to believe you are part of the Latter Day Rain movement. We are not going to make this world ready for Christ's return. Scripture tells us this, which have been provided to you through out the threads you have recently started. It will get worst, not better. Why would Jesus tell us that just before His return, it will be as the days of Noah and Lot if these times were to get better? May I ask what church you belong to?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Writers write for the reader. We, who read your posts are not mind readers and can only take your words at face value, which you keep telling us we are wrong by back stepping to correct yourself.

*nods* I agree. When writing, one ALWAYS needs to take into account their audience. You cannot force your audience to read your material from your own standpoint, but what you can do is make your meaning more understandable to the reader, making clear, concise statements which encourage understanding over misunderstanding. I remember one of my Language Arts teachers telling the class, "pretend that your audience is abundantly stupid and requires everything to be explained." While I wouldn't recommend following that advice that when writing college level papers or anything you want published professionally, it may be good advice for avoiding conflict and misunderstanding on message boards.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Writers write for the reader. We, who read your posts are not mind readers and can only take your words at face value, which you keep telling us we are wrong by back stepping to correct yourself.

*nods* I agree. When writing, one ALWAYS needs to take into account their audience. You cannot force your audience to read your material from your own standpoint, but what you can do is make your meaning more understandable to the reader, making clear, concise statements which encourage understanding over misunderstanding. I remember one of my Language Arts teachers telling the class, "pretend that your audience is abundantly stupid and requires everything to be explained." While I wouldn't recommend following that advice that when writing college level papers or anything you want published professionally, it may be good advice for avoiding conflict and misunderstanding on message boards.

I agree.......

something else a person might like to remember ( i have difficulty with this ) is the culture a person comes from..... even though Teresa and me were raised only a three hour drive from each other, two different states (her Ok, me Ks) there are differences in our vocabulary.... there have been times I have said something meaning it as a compliment, and she took it as almost insulting...... even tone of voice in different areas of the country can be different.....

I remember visiting my cousins when I was in the Navy.... I was Born in Illinois, lived in Illinois, Iowa, Ipswitch England, San Antonio Tx, Washington, Kansas, Florida, California, Maryland, Iceland, Missouri, Hawaii, now back in Kansas...... anyways, we were playing some Stick Ball, and was telling them a joke and one of them told me to "GET OUT OF HERE" (they live in Jersey)

I looked at her, and then said, Ok... and started walking away..... I knew what it ment, but some might not have, I pretended to be hurt, then when she was starting to appoligize, I busted out laughing....... and then had to run... .lol......

a piece of cake? hmmmm I like pie better.... Apple, Dutch Apple to be more exact, alamode......

now it is time to go to the crib.... now am I talking about a bed? or a corn bin? or a house?

I use to make fun of my sister, when she would say she LOVED something, well, we all would (5 boys, 1 girl) we would ask her when she was going to marry it........

idioms are hard for some cultures to grasp, slang is a good cause of misunderstandings.....

when writing, rather then speaking, you do not have the benefit of hearing the tone of voice to know if some one is being sarcastic, angry, happy, joking or other things that are part of communications.......

mike