• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

A brother named Leonard Ravenhill said it best. "You can't legislate righteousness"

O how true that statement is.

I wish more people would understand that and quit trying to get the govt to do our job for us.

We shouldn't be supporting an amoral government, either. And that's what we have here.

No friend, we have an IMMORAL government. There is no such thing as amorality. You are either moral or immoral.

Amoral: not involving questions of right or wrong; without moral quality; neither moral nor immoral. Having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong: a completely amoral person. Not admitting of moral distinctions or judgments; neither moral nor immoral. Lacking moral sensibility; not caring about right and wrong. "ethically indifferent," a hybrid formed from Gk. priv. prefix a- "not" + moral (q.v.), which is derived from L. First used by Robert Louis Stephenson (1850-94) as a differentiation from immoral .

Our government is amoral. And many, many "Christians" support our amoral government. Our national sin.

edit: for clean up.

Edited by Parker1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I have a few questions for the people here who think all Muslims are our enemies:

Do you realize there are over ONE BILLION Muslims on Earth?

Do you think the U.S. needs ONE BILLION enemies at a time like this?

So why do you have a problem with Obama reaching out to moderate Muslims?

I say moderate Muslims because radical Muslims probably wouldn't listen, but luckily most Muslims aren't radical jihadists who hate America. M Even countries like Iran had candlelight vigils for the US after 9-11. I'm sorry to rain on the hate-fest, but it's true.

Basically, I'm saying pick your battles wisely. Picking a battle with the entire Muslim world is a downright stupid idea. President Obama is wise to be reaching out to moderate Muslims.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Mr. O needs to rake the stuff in his own backyard before worrying about any other country. That goes for ANY American President. America First, then the rest of the world.

Right now, Islam is our enemy. They won't remain so forever. The Germans and Japanese were, they are no longer. The Russians and we glared at each other over the backyard fence for 40 some-odd years. Now we have accord. National enemies will come and go. It's ideology, not people. Be glad I am not President. There wouldn't BE a Mecca after 9-11. I would have put the blame squarely where it belonged. Saudi. Saddam was a problem of a different nature. He was not a Muslim in the religious sense. He was an oppressive dictator, he needed dealt with, but I think we could have handled it better. More covertly shall we say.

The Muslim world forgets how we bailed their heinies out of the fire in Afghanistan when the Russkies came rolling in. Like Europe, they are ungrateful. So, they can be ungrateful and poor until they understand that we are not gonna put up with their people flying planes into our buildings. I believe we should cut off all aid to them from the US government, not kiss up to them as if 9-11 was OUR fault.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Mr. O needs to rake the stuff in his own backyard before worrying about any other country. That goes for ANY American President. America First, then the rest of the world.

Right now, Islam is our enemy. They won't remain so forever. The Germans and Japanese were, they are no longer. The Russians and we glared at each other over the backyard fence for 40 some-odd years. Now we have accord. National enemies will come and go. It's ideology, not people. Be glad I am not President. There wouldn't BE a Mecca after 9-11. I would have put the blame squarely where it belonged. Saudi. Saddam was a problem of a different nature. He was not a Muslim in the religious sense. He was an oppressive dictator, he needed dealt with, but I think we could have handled it better. More covertly shall we say.

The Muslim world forgets how we bailed their heinies out of the fire in Afghanistan when the Russkies came rolling in. Like Europe, they are ungrateful. So, they can be ungrateful and poor until they understand that we are not gonna put up with their people flying planes into our buildings. I believe we should cut off all aid to them from the US government, not kiss up to them as if 9-11 was OUR fault.

I do not believe GOD is an america first GOD. I also do not believe that any president can ignor the rest of the worl without putting America in danger. The world is a lot smaller now. What happens in Iraq, effects us here.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I do not believe GOD is an america first GOD. I also do not believe that any president can ignor the rest of the worl without putting America in danger. The world is a lot smaller now. What happens in Iraq, effects us here.

You are right kross. I believe that as soon as we pull our troops out of Iraq. Iraq will become the pupit of Iran. Shiites are the majority in Iraq, Shiites are in control of Iran. The only thing stopping Iran from starting something with Isreal is American troops in Iraq. It wouldn't take very long to spread Iranian ideoligy in Iraq and then what will the world have. A bigger, stronger, and richer Iranian thread to world stability. Watch and see if it doesn't happen.

This is what will happen from reaching out to the Muslim world.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I have a few questions for the people here who think all Muslims are our enemies:

Do you realize there are over ONE BILLION Muslims on Earth?

Yes. 1.6 billion, to be exact.

Do you think the U.S. needs ONE BILLION enemies at a time like this?

No, but we have them nonetheless.

So why do you have a problem with Obama reaching out to moderate Muslims?

Because I don't want him to waste time reaching out to thin air.

I say moderate Muslims because radical Muslims probably wouldn't listen, but luckily most Muslims aren't radical jihadists who hate America. M Even countries like Iran had candlelight vigils for the US after 9-11. I'm sorry to rain on the hate-fest, but it's true.

There are NO moderate muslims. I have studied islam for years, digging into and reading everything I can find. The so-called 'moderates' are non-practicing muslims. A 'good' muslim strictly follows the tenets of islam, as written down in the Qu'ran. The punishment for not following the tenets is severe; the penalty for leaving islam is death. You should really read the Qu'ran and do some research before making such Pollyanna statements, Lorax. Yes, the young Iranians did have candlelight vigils for the U.S. in September of 2001. These would not be strong believers in islam; those people celebrated the deaths and destruction.

Basically, I'm saying pick your battles wisely. Picking a battle with the entire Muslim world is a downright stupid idea. President Obama is wise to be reaching out to moderate Muslims.

Christians and Jews didn't pick this battle, it picked us. And it will go on until the Lord sends all nonbelievers to hell. It's awful to think of so many souls being lost.