Tomass

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Hi and welcome, Tomass. It's nice to have you here.

Praying and asking for direction is a SURE way of finding out what you're supposed to do. Our Father knows EXACTLY where you need to serve, and how you'll be blest the most.

Hugs,

riel (reborn into eternal life)

VERY WELL STATED RIEL.. right on

can you teach me how to be more succinct pls :brightidea:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Hello and welcome.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Welcome. Moved from Worthy Welcome to General Discussion

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1967

I'd keep praying and doing what you are doing. In the meantime look around if you live in a city chances are there are already ministries helping the poor that you can become involved with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

Go to your pastor and your church. Explain to them what is on your heart. In so doing you will find others who feel as you do and have the same burden. Start meeting together and praying and looking around to see where you are being led.

If GOD is tugging at you, HE is tugging at others to come along side of you. HE has a group of people ready to be brought together by someone standing up and stating what they feel GOD is calling to them about.

In the council of many there is wisdom. If you have a passion, then share it with others and there will be others who are moved and empowered by you. That is how little people move big mountains. They work together.

Guest HIS girl

Hi Tomass,

Another rule of thumb which I think is beneficial to any Follower of Christ, is treating ALL people as one. By that I mean, each and every person you physically come into contact with, ( I know it's easier said than done), treat as if they NEED Jesus. Many people are POOR in other areas of their life too, not just financial - someone may be "poor" and lacking in friendship - so a warm smile and kind word goes a long way.

This "ministry" can be done on a daily, minute by minute basis anytime, anywhere - where ever YOU are - it can be done.

Just a thought. :whistling:

Oh and another thing - by doing this and praying and continuing to tithe and put money into areas that produce fruit - the Holy Spirit WILL nudge you in the right direction. If you are willing - God is MORE than able.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Hi,

I'm Tomass [alias....not fond of using my real name online]

I tried to post somewhere else but this seems to be the only place I can post so I may as well introduce myself;

Currently a university student working for a year - been a Christian since I was four. Love God, live for God.

I've been pondering a question for a while and found this place so thought I would ask your advice.

Poverty. The bible, again and again and again, encourages us to preach the good news to the poor and to look after their needs.

Matthew 11:5 (New International Version)

5The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy[a]are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor

Matthew 19:21 (New International Version)

21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

Acts 10:5 (New International Version)

The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.

even this amazing statement to a hypocritical Pharisee!

Luke 11:39-41 (New International Version)

39Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? 41But give what is inside the dish [j] to the poor, and everything will be clean for you.

and not only that - it is considered sinful to not do it!

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi and welcome, Tomass. It's nice to have you here.

Praying and asking for direction is a SURE way of finding out what you're supposed to do. Our Father knows EXACTLY where you need to serve, and how you'll be blest the most.

Hugs,

riel (reborn into eternal life)

VERY WELL STATED RIEL.. right on

can you teach me how to be more succinct pls :th_praying:

What does succinct mean? :amen:

Edited by riel

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Agree with everyone who says God will guide you in this. The fact that he's convicting you means he's leading you into something.

Apart from that you could always try volunteering at a local soup kitchen or even just eating there for a while and chatting with people. Acceptance is the one thing homeless people lack even more then food and shelter. Talking to them and just starting to understand the battles they face can open up a whole new world to you and an understanding of what their real needs are and how you can help them. A salvation army depo is another helpful place. Just a bit of volunteer work can really bring down the walls in a way theory or just giving money in this area can't. It can be really enriching.

Hope that helps

God bless