• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Various news agencies report there are 30 or more states that have in one way or another passed legislation that declares State Sovereignty on a number of issues. This is really just a reminder since the States already have Sovereignty. The Federal Government needs numerous rude reminders that the Federal Government is the servant to the States - not the other way around.

So, the Federal Government is currently taking money and property in an illegal and Unconstitutional way. Further, the Federal Government is trying to dictate things that the Federal Government does not have the power to dictate. Further, the Federal Government will never have these powers unless the States vote and give it to them. Regardless, the Federal Government has already done a list of illegal and Unconstitutional acts. Nationalizing banks and auto makers are just tiny examples. The Federal Government does not have the power to use taxpayer money in that fashion, and it should never be given that kind of power. Trying to nationalize healthcare and using taxpayer money to pay for abortions around the world is another tiny example. The people didn't authorize these things and neither did the States.

When all of the outrageous bills start coming due, what happens if the States refuse to pay the bill? When the Federal government starts dictating lists of illegal and Unconstitutional mandates to the States, what happens when the States say No? Many States are going to say No! Why? We don't live in a dictatorship, and Washington, D.C. has not been given the power to do the things that they're doing. Further, the States aren't going to give that power to Washington, and the States are going to keep their own specific Sovereignty. There's little doubt why the State Legislatures have been extremely busy places over the last months. Most of the States haven't forgotten this is still a free country with a government by the people and for the people -- under the Rule of Law and Constitutions of the People. Bluntly, there are a lot of hot checks being written that the People and the States will not honor. Push will eventually come to shove on insane, illegal, and Unconstitutional mandates. When it does, the answer will be no! The only answer is to go back to the Rule of Law and the Constitution. So, the Founders have already given the remedy.

nChrist

Thank you for the civics lesson! :blink::noidea:

:blink:

You're most welcome. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get Washington, D.C. to at least take a civics refresher course? After watching and listening to all of the antics over the past several days, I'm thinking that the most appropriate place for the course would be prison. How about GITMO?

nChrist

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1959

You're most welcome. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get Washington, D.C. to at least take a civics refresher course? After watching and listening to all of the antics over the past several days, I'm thinking that the most appropriate place for the course would be prison. How about GITMO?

nChrist

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I have no idea how all this will play out. Impeachment? Civil war? Assassination? Insurrection

Edit************

:laugh::vader::horse::cowboy::ph34r::35:

:cool::emot-hug:

Armageddon?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

As Christians, we should know that things are getting worse and more evil by the day, but we belong to God. We don't know what tomorrow will bring for our families or ourselves, but we belong to God. We can't help but think about the evil that many want because it impacts the very core of our lives.

It's always time for us to pray for each other and our country. We can also encourage and strengthen each other in Christ. I was reading this morning and want to share two portions of Scripture that speak volumes. God hasn't changed, and He will equip us to do His Will. It's our part to pray for guidance and strength to do His Will. Yielding to His Will for us should be our highest priority.

Ephesians 6:11-20 ASV 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints, 19 and on my behalf, that utterance may be given unto me in opening my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Titus 2:11-15 ASV For the grace of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us, to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously and godly in this present world; 13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a people for his own possession, zealous of good works. 15 These things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

nChrist