• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1970

In reading this thread, it's become obvious to me that there are many people who simply are not impressed by what "churchES"/plural (the only true church is SINGULAR) have to offer spiritually, yet they REALLY DO LOVE GOD (if God were human, He'd be blushing about that).

Human beings were created in the image of the creator, but as we grow up, we learn many bad habits.

As Christians, deep inside us, most of us truly want to return to that original image so we can truly relate to and identify with our heavenly heritage, but man's teachings of "going through the motions" with ritualistic gestures/deeds and partisan regimentation really doesn't satisfy our hearts.

God is.......LOVE, and that is what each of our PERSONAL (not "IDENTICAL") relationships should be based on ("the GREATEST of these", 1 Corin. 13:13). Beyond all text, beyond all doctrine, beyond all wisdom and knowledge, beyond all logic, beyond all rationality, our LOVE for our heavenly heritage should stand as a monument to Him throughout all eternity.

Sadly, many Christians will never complain about any emptiness in their heart from man's teachings and system of "religiosity", but you have expressed disappointment (homesick). Many will never have the desire or courage to explore outside of man's status quo. Many will never muster up the courage to feel that man's teachings about how to be spiritual to God are insufficient.

All throughout history, the traditional teachings have taught "how to be spiritual" TO MAN (the 6th day creation), they have not taught "how to be" a NEW CREATION.

Mankind wants to be it's own "creator" (wanting to create a "convenient lifestyle"). Mankind wants to be it's own savior (by "accomplishing" holy deeds/behavior). Mankind wants to be the "author" of holiness teaching (but only God's spirit can be the author of genuine holiness teachings).

The 6th day creation has always desired to lay claim to the 3 aspects of God by teaching us how to be spiritual to MANKIND, but it is time that we open our eyes (develop eyes to see and ears to hear in order to learn the "DEPTHS of God", 1 Corin. 2:10).

But, if we simply do not have the true desire to have a "more excellent" devotion TO GOD (1 Corin. 12:31) that is based on "the greatest of these" (it is true that "He chose us", but do you choose HIM?), you will continue to have "the STRONG delusion" by thinking that the strong delusion is a FUTURE event (that is why the "mystery" of lawlessness remains a MYSTERY, humanity/we doesn't want to acknowledge it's own lawlessness, we'd rather blame everything on the devil).

Acts 17:24 and on...

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything...".

ONLY the one who sufferd pain and died on the cross is a spiritual authority (neither the bible or Paul/apostles, etc. bled or suffered pain on the cross)...

Matthew 28:18

"And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me".

Home bible studies won't help because they are still based on man's system of "religiosity" and having an IDENTICAL relationship.

All verses are from the RSV.

You're painting with such a very broad brush, that you may confuse some people about the importance of attending church (excuse me, public worship). True indeed, there are certain aspects in which mankind has become ritualistic, and thus can lead believers to minimize the importance of our individual relationship with God. But to justify not attending public worship, when Jesus Himself regularly attended the sanctuary is wrong, and will make us more susceptible to the devil.

Proverbs 18:1 states, "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom". We have to be careful in trying to make things to suit our individual will instead of God's will. Hebrews 10:25 talks about not forsaking the fellowshipping of our brethren, as there is strength and unity in numbers of Christians. Sometimes we can be naive in thinking that once we're saved that there shouldn't be any more problems, especially with our interactions with people in the church. We will have tribulation (it comes with the territory of Christ), but it's our response to it determines our true obedience to God. The body of Christ is made up of so many parts, and we get to witness them in our fellow saints (and admire the Christ in them). The basis of God and Christ is love, and part of that love defined in 1 Cor 13 is seeing the best in everybody. How can we say we love God, (who we can't see), but cannot love our fellow brethren, (whom we can see)? Satan tries to get us to focus on the faults of others, so he can try to influence us to make an excuse to worship with others. God bless.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

Some things I would like to add and question is this.. Why is it that so many are so adamant about having to go to a local building (church)?

By our Christian standards from the bible, we are not to forsake the gathering of ourselves (Hebrews 10:25). But also, as one other put it, We should go to church in order for us to serve. We know that we are all given gifts of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corin. 12. These gifts are used in order to help others. The New Testament is full of

Some things I would like to add and question is this.. Why is it that so many are so adamant about having to go to a local building (church)?

By our Christian standards from the bible, we are not to forsake the gathering of ourselves (Hebrews 10:25). But also, as one other put it, We should go to church in order for us to serve. We know that we are all given gifts of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corin. 12. These gifts are used in order to help others. The New Testament is full of

Edited by Romans 14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I understand what you are saying Murse, but if I need help to fix my stairs, or move some cord wood, or need a meal cooked, of a visitor, how is this done through Worthy? Physically being in the presence of another offers something special ... you.

Even though I get more fellowship here on Worthy then I do from those I attend church with, it can not replace the church. Not all that God has for us to do can be done through the keyboard. It needs my physical presence.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Alan

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I understand what you are saying Murse, but if I need help to fix my stairs, or move some cord wood, or need a meal cooked, of a visitor, how is this done through Worthy? Physically being in the presence of another offers something special ... you.

Even though I get more fellowship here on Worthy then I do from those I attend church with, it can not replace the church. Not all that God has for us to do can be done through the keyboard. It needs my physical presence.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Alan

fellowship? or typingship?????

fellowship is in person, (in my book) here we exchange ideas, thoughts and we really do not get to know the person on the other side....

yes, we do look forward to certain people and their replies, but really do we know who they really are or what they are really all about?????

our daughter, you would think, by talking to her on line, is a total jerk, is totally anti anything Christian, she loves giving people a hard time, about anything, dont matter..... she will take the opposite side of one person about any subject and stick with it..... she is really not that way.... even me, there is no one here that really knows me or who i am or what i am all about, we hide behind a screen, we hide behind a mask.... some of us are hurting so deep that there seems to be no way out, yet, the mask is so good, everyone thinks these people are doing just wonderful in every part of their lives, and they do not want anyone knowing any different.....

some times, one might even have the very essence of spirituallity and yet, be totally empty of the Holy Spirit, yet, we do not see that, while on the screen.....

I have met many people from Christian chat rooms, and the majority of them, are only putting on an aire, and not living as they are proclaiming on the screen.... there have been times I even did that...... I would venture to say that each and every one of us has done the same thing, and this would not be evident unless they met in person....

so, fellowship? or screenship???? lol

not trying to say this is not a good place to be, but in person is even better....

blessings

To the last three posts (Romans, OneLight, and Mr. and Mrs.),

You all make very valid points. I would have to say I do agree with you on most. My intentions were never to discredit an actual building church. I just don't think we should discredit Worthy also (I know none of you are). I also agree that we need physical friends that get us out of the house...what a better place to find those than at our church. And we should gather physically to worship. Romans, you make a wonderful point as far as the Holy Spirit leading the pastor...I do understand this completely as well.

Now on the flip side. I believe that God can use each and everyone of us though as well. Though being a Pastor is a notable calling, God can call many to teach His word. How many of you have ever received revelation on scripture? Do you share this with others? I believe in doing so you are being used by God. I have seen most of you in other posts. I watch carefully how many speak and what they say. I would have to say that you all are educated, God-lead individuals. OneLight, I have seen you more than the other two. We have had our words and though we don't see eye to eye on everything, I still respect your outlooks and take great interest in what you write on here. Because of you, I have been very careful how I write things trying to write them in love. I don't know if you remember our post in which we discussed this topic, but I did take to heart what you said. I am not above reproving, and though God Himself didn't reprove...I believe He used you to enlighten me and make me take a step back. At that moment, you were a leader. The same as we all are at times.

As far as people hiding behind a screen name. Maybe it's just the churches that I have attended in the past, but how people love to paint a wonderful picture of themselves I believe rings true in person as well. I have seen many walk into church and praise God with their lips, yet leave the building and do just the opposite with their lives. Now, God knows their hearts and will deal with them in His own time.

I do appreciate your time and words though. They did not fall on deaf ears.

With love in Christ.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Dont go to church either or very rarely.It does not bother me except Easter.You will know when the times comes and which one.

God tells me when should go and in this case He is telling me through.

Thank you for the posting

Thank you God and Jesus for telling me

To the last three posts (Romans, OneLight, and Mr. and Mrs.),

You all make very valid points. I would have to say I do agree with you on most. My intentions were never to discredit an actual building church. I just don't think we should discredit Worthy also (I know none of you are). I also agree that we need physical friends that get us out of the house...what a better place to find those than at our church. And we should gather physically to worship. Romans, you make a wonderful point as far as the Holy Spirit leading the pastor...I do understand this completely as well.

Now on the flip side. I believe that God can use each and everyone of us though as well. Though being a Pastor is a notable calling, God can call many to teach His word. How many of you have ever received revelation on scripture? Do you share this with others? I believe in doing so you are being used by God. I have seen most of you in other posts. I watch carefully how many speak and what they say. I would have to say that you all are educated, God-lead individuals. OneLight, I have seen you more than the other two. We have had our words and though we don't see eye to eye on everything, I still respect your outlooks and take great interest in what you write on here. Because of you, I have been very careful how I write things trying to write them in love. I don't know if you remember our post in which we discussed this topic, but I did take to heart what you said. I am not above reproving, and though God Himself didn't reprove...I believe He used you to enlighten me and make me take a step back. At that moment, you were a leader. The same as we all are at times.

As far as people hiding behind a screen name. Maybe it's just the churches that I have attended in the past, but how people love to paint a wonderful picture of themselves I believe rings true in person as well. I have seen many walk into church and praise God with their lips, yet leave the building and do just the opposite with their lives. Now, God knows their hearts and will deal with them in His own time.

I do appreciate your time and words though. They did not fall on deaf ears.

With love in Christ.

I understand where you come from as far as anyone can be used by God in certain situations. Indeed, God is not a respecter of persons in getting His will done. I didn't think that you discredited any particular church, in fact I would hope that anyone who considered joining or attending a church to pray to God on leading them.

You're definately right on how people can attend church, painting a picture of themselves, and then live a different type of life when away. That's all the more reason for those who are true worshippers to attend church, so that people who are living a double life can see our lights, glorify God, and change their ways. Some don't do it maliciously, just through ignorance, and need to witness the real thing. As long as we share the same spirit of God, which includes the desire that all people will become saved, then we won't give up on anyone who is still alive. I really enjoy fellowshipping with you. May God continue to bless you brother.

Edited by Romans 14

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Please don't give me no lectures. I am looking for help. I finally had courage to confess that I actually hate to go to church.

I never liked much. I am very close to God. I study the Bible, listen to sermons, praise God with hims but just

don't know of any church where I would like to be. Since the pastor of the church where I was a member retired I

can't find a HOME and I am lonely.

Well... if you are lonely ... why not try visiting other churches? You may find one that suits you fine and you like the services, etc. I think some folks don't like going to church because they aren't comfortable with other people - and that can be a problem. Do you have some friends that attend church? Maybe you can go with them. I don't like crowds and our church is fairly large, but I've found that the more I go, the better I feel... My heart sings at church. I hope you can find a church home where you feel happy and comfortable and able to Praise God. God Bless you!

:noidea:

Good advice.

You're definately right on how people can attend church, painting a picture of themselves, and then live a different type of life when away. That's all the more reason for those who are true worshippers to attend church, so that people who are living a double life can see our lights, glorify God, and change their ways. Some don't do it maliciously, just through ignorance, and need to witness the real thing. As long as we share the same spirit of God, which includes the desire that all people will become saved, then we won't give up on anyone who is still alive. I really enjoy fellowshipping with you. May God continue to bless you sister.

Romans, You are absolutely right, I have never looked at it from that angle. I have gotten many great responses, but for me, this has been the best yet. I can not contend with what you have said. Thank you for your post...sincerely. I really enjoy fellowshipping with you as well...all of you.

With love in Christ.