IGNORED

Take a minute! Jesus went through agony for us.

Johnsean

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1972

The Bible gives a detailed account of the agony and stress that Jesus went through before and during His crucifixion. The disciples reported seeing Him in agony the night before on mount Olive ( Luke 22: 44). He remained in pain, agony and stress not because He was powerless, but for the love of humanity. That incredible and invaluable love, and suffering was meant to provide way for salvation.

We ought to appreciate how much we are indebted to Jesus for the suffering and His unrivaled love. May the Lord help us understand what Easter is all about.

God bless you all this Easter.

John

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Thanks Johnsean, I really need to think more about the agony Jesus went thru for me. I think I'm at a point in my Christian faith were somewhere along the line I left my first love ( Revelation 2:4).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I've read a doctor's account of what happens to a body during crucifixion and it brought tears to my eyes. Then, if you add to that the beating He endured it just adds to the suffering. Then add to that the fact that He took all of our sins upon Himself, wow. And at any time He could have stopped the suffering and the angels would have come.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your love.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

:24: THIS is what this forum should be for... Oh Dear Heavenly God - Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus Christ to live for us and more incredibly ... to die for our sins. We, as a people, prove each day that we are not worthy of this Awesome Gift, but You allowed us, as Christians, to have Salvation through the Blood of Jesus. Because of His ultimate sacrifice we will dwell in an eternity with You. Thank You God... Praise Jesus.

We get so caught up with the pettiness and the politics and the ugliness of our world - we sometimes lose sight of the most important thing in life....Salvation in Christ. By His Stripes we are Saved. Thank You God. Please Lord let me always remember and be worthy of Your Mercy, Grace and Love. In Jesus' name. Amen. :24: :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Amen to that. Just think, you are never truly alone and you are always loved :24: :24: :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

:o THIS is what this forum should be for... Oh Dear Heavenly God - Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus Christ to live for us and more incredibly ... to die for our sins. We, as a people, prove each day that we are not worthy of this Awesome Gift, but You allowed us, as Christians, to have Salvation through the Blood of Jesus. Because of His ultimate sacrifice we will dwell in an eternity with You. Thank You God... Praise Jesus.

We get so caught up with the pettiness and the politics and the ugliness of our world - we sometimes lose sight of the most important thing in life....Salvation in Christ. By His Stripes we are Saved. Thank You God. Please Lord let me always remember and be worthy of Your Mercy, Grace and Love. In Jesus' name. Amen. :thumbsup::)

amen believer!!!!!!!!

I second that amen!!!!! What a beautiful prayer

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:huh: THIS is what this forum should be for... Oh Dear Heavenly God - Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus Christ to live for us and more incredibly ... to die for our sins. We, as a people, prove each day that we are not worthy of this Awesome Gift, but You allowed us, as Christians, to have Salvation through the Blood of Jesus. Because of His ultimate sacrifice we will dwell in an eternity with You. Thank You God... Praise Jesus.

We get so caught up with the pettiness and the politics and the ugliness of our world - we sometimes lose sight of the most important thing in life....Salvation in Christ. By His Stripes we are Saved. Thank You God. Please Lord let me always remember and be worthy of Your Mercy, Grace and Love. In Jesus' name. Amen. :emot-handshake::blink:

Well put, Believer. We DO tend to lose sight of Him...luckily for us, He never takes His eye from us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I agree. That was awesome, believer!!!

To the OP...Thank you so much for that reminder. It is shameful how often we forget the enormity of this aesome sacrifice, or the depth and breadth of Christ's love for us.

I am convinced that, even now, it is impossible for our finite minds to truly comprehend the magnitude of God's love for us. Our minds are finite, and His love is infinite. We can sit and contemplate all we want, but even with the knowledge of all He went through, we still have a limited understanding of the sheer magnitude of His love.

Our love for Him is so miniscule compared to His love for us, yet He continues to love us, eternally and faithfully.

What a beautiful Saviour we serve, and how unworthy we are of His love.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/24/1972

I've read a doctor's account of what happens to a body during crucifixion and it brought tears to my eyes. Then, if you add to that the beating He endured it just adds to the suffering. Then add to that the fact that He took all of our sins upon Himself, wow. And at any time He could have stopped the suffering and the angels would have come.

Thank You, Jesus, for Your love.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Amazing love indeed.

John

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

I agree. That was awesome, believer!!!

To the OP...Thank you so much for that reminder. It is shameful how often we forget the enormity of this aesome sacrifice, or the depth and breadth of Christ's love for us.

I am convinced that, even now, it is impossible for our finite minds to truly comprehend the magnitude of God's love for us. Our minds are finite, and His love is infinite. We can sit and contemplate all we want, but even with the knowledge of all He went through, we still have a limited understanding of the sheer magnitude of His love.

Our love for Him is so miniscule compared to His love for us, yet He continues to love us, eternally and faithfully.

What a beautiful Saviour we serve, and how unworthy we are of His love.

I am indeed unworthy.

No matter how we strive to be sinless, no matter how we try to emulate Jesus Christ ... it's a hopelessly impossible task. Our sin nature makes it impossible for anyone to even begin to approach what Jesus is.

But are some people less deserving of this grace and mercy than others? Are some more deserving than others?

Does any one person deserve hell more than others?