traveller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

A few years back we had a very productive and fruitful event that I think we need to do again. It was a prayer vigil for those who wish to participate. Here's how it works:

A team of two is selected to pray for one another daily for one week. This doesn't mean that you get together and pray together. What it does mean is that you commit to pray for each other each day- on your own time. You may not even know the person you're praying for, or you may be close friends.

Those that wish to sign up simply send me a PM and let me know. In a couple of days I'll put two together, and send you both a PM to let you know. You may then contact each other.

You DO NOT have to give specifics unless you want to. It's perfectly fine to say, "non-specific." God knows your needs. However, if you want to give reasons you may. Health, financial, health of spouse, job situation, etc. It doesn't have to be in detail at all.

This will be as anonymous as possible. The only ones that will know who's praying for who will be me and the two of you.

We've all had a really rough time lately, and prayer is a blessing whether you're on the receiving end or the doing end. So lets all get behind this and make a commitment to one another.

Mods - y'all too. :noidea:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

A few years back we had a very productive and fruitful event that I think we need to do again. It was a prayer vigil for those who wish to participate. Here's how it works:

A team of two is selected to pray for one another daily for one week. This doesn't mean that you get together and pray together. What it does mean is that you commit to pray for each other each day- on your own time. You may not even know the person you're praying for, or you may be close friends.

Those that wish to sign up simply send me a PM and let me know. In a couple of days I'll put two together, and send you both a PM to let you know. You may then contact each other.

You DO NOT have to give specifics unless you want to. It's perfectly fine to say, "non-specific." God knows your needs. However, if you want to give reasons you may. Health, financial, health of spouse, job situation, etc. It doesn't have to be in detail at all.

This will be as anonymous as possible. The only ones that will know who's praying for who will be me and the two of you.

We've all had a really rough time lately, and prayer is a blessing whether you're on the receiving end or the doing end. So lets all get behind this and make a commitment to one another.

Mods - y'all too. :noidea:

I am willing, would love to. Just let me know

blesings, liz

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

That's a great idea... :noidea:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94

Great idea trav :whistling:

Thanks everyone! Keep it coming! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Awesome idea! :whistling:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

PM Sent! Great idea!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I can only encourage you to participate after having participated myself. it's a wonderful blessing and I know I could literally feel the prayers. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Mods - y'all too. :whistling:

This is a god idea. At my church, we have what we call "accountability partners" in which 2 people pair up and are held accountable or each other's actions,and must report to each other. I know this is a little different than what is being suggested here, I just thought some of you may want to implement it at your church.

how would you match people up?

In the past, I've prayed and then just put people together.