irishcowboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

LOL!!! I guarantee you if we all started shopping at "Christian Only" stores someone would boycott Store A because they don't do things the way Store B does. I can almost hear it..."Did you know store A were Calvinists? I'm not shopping there anymore.." "Did you hear that store B is open on Sunday's... "

Now theres definately truth in that statement! I think the commerical is just plain stupid and won't watch it when it comes on like I do most all commericals, its just a gimic and odds are if everyone that finds if offensive writes and calls Burger Kings headquarters and stores they just may find that the commerical will be taken off the air. The Qiznos commerical is gone, cut up and redone to be less offensive. If we boycot everything that we find offensive we just may end up without food, internet, and well you get the idea. I am not saying we shouldn't stand up for what we believe in or for the things we find offensive and distasteful yet we cannot take out of the world all the things we don't like.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Axxman. do you have a wife and or a daughter? if not, how about a sister or a mother?

would you like people talking about their body parts as such? very demoralizing towards women, very demeaning, just flat out disrespectful towards women.... women are not sex objects no matter what people say.

this is one area that our youth are learning, how to treat others with respect, not with words of sexual attraction, or even talking about another persons anatomy with uncouth comments, sounds, noise, actions (moving as though having sex on stage), if you like that sort of thing, then I recon you have become desensitized.

our youth have been learning how to dress where they are covered, (and yet stylish) with tasteful clothing, male and female. you would be surprised at how much they really want to be treated properly, and not commented about in off coloured ways. they want the proper respect and treatment from others.

I am not talking about being legalistic, I am talking about being respectful.....

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

LOL!!! I guarantee you if we all started shopping at "Christian Only" stores someone would boycott Store A because they don't do things the way Store B does. I can almost hear it..."Did you know store A were Calvinists? I'm not shopping there anymore.." "Did you hear that store B is open on Sunday's... "

Now theres definately truth in that statement! I think the commerical is just plain stupid and won't watch it when it comes on like I do most all commericals, its just a gimic and odds are if everyone that finds if offensive writes and calls Burger Kings headquarters and stores they just may find that the commerical will be taken off the air. The Qiznos commerical is gone, cut up and redone to be less offensive. If we boycot everything that we find offensive we just may end up without food, internet, and well you get the idea. I am not saying we shouldn't stand up for what we believe in or for the things we find offensive and distasteful yet we cannot take out of the world all the things we don't like.

and you might even work on the Sabbath .......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

The ad is tasteless to be sure and I am glad we don't have cable or antenna or anything. We only watch movies that we buy. I haven't ate at the BK in years now... they stopped serving it my way.... :dance::emot-hug: they messed up a big order and haven't been back since.... I truly can't stand cold fries... ugh.... I don't support old McDonald either. Hmmmmm think I just make my own burgers then it will definately be my way..... :laugh::24::24:

Blessings

LIVN4JC

p.s. my grandchildren like Wendy's best of all.... :101:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

LOL!!! I guarantee you if we all started shopping at "Christian Only" stores someone would boycott Store A because they don't do things the way Store B does. I can almost hear it..."Did you know store A were Calvinists? I'm not shopping there anymore.." "Did you hear that store B is open on Sunday's... :101: "

You can't get Christians on a Christian forum to hardly agree that having an infanticidal President is evil...lol...they will never agree on where to shop. There is a thread on this Christian Forum warning people about shopping at Christian bookstores...seriously. So while I totally agree that shooping at Christian stores is perfectly okay...its not always the best example.

And you are boycotting Walmart too? Did they have a "bad" commercial too...or did they actually do something more serious than stuff a square box in someone's pants to mimic a cartoon character?

I seriously don't understand the outcry...maybe instead of "desensitized" we should be examining whether people are being over-sensitive. :dance:

we all have to make choices of where to spend our money. why is is wrong to base this on the fact that a store is putting out a totaly tasteless ad?

I completely agree. If we, as Christians, find something tasteless, crude and offensive - we need to bring it to the attention of the company and until the advertisement or product is corrected - I don't think we should spend our money at that company. When they have enough of an impact on their bottom line, they'll get the message. On a local level - I shop at a grocery store that is closed on Sunday and is very community and church oriented. My mechanic is a Christian who goes to my church as is the lady who does my hair. My husband gets a lot of his business from other Christians that we deal with, too. I try very hard to be mindful of God when and where I spend my money and with whom.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=...;art_aid=103699

there is a link to i think the ad to which this is referring to

Lord Jesus! What is this world coming to? And at Burger King no less!Disgusting.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

LOL!!! I guarantee you if we all started shopping at "Christian Only" stores someone would boycott Store A because they don't do things the way Store B does. I can almost hear it..."Did you know store A were Calvinists? I'm not shopping there anymore.." "Did you hear that store B is open on Sunday's... :101: "

You can't get Christians on a Christian forum to hardly agree that having an infanticidal President is evil...lol...they will never agree on where to shop. There is a thread on this Christian Forum warning people about shopping at Christian bookstores...seriously. So while I totally agree that shooping at Christian stores is perfectly okay...its not always the best example.

And you are boycotting Walmart too? Did they have a "bad" commercial too...or did they actually do something more serious than stuff a square box in someone's pants to mimic a cartoon character?

I seriously don't understand the outcry...maybe instead of "desensitized" we should be examining whether people are being over-sensitive. :dance:

we all have to make choices of where to spend our money. why is is wrong to base this on the fact that a store is putting out a totaly tasteless ad?

I completely agree. If we, as Christians, find something tasteless, crude and offensive - we need to bring it to the attention of the company and until the advertisement or product is corrected - I don't think we should spend our money at that company. When they have enough of an impact on their bottom line, they'll get the message. On a local level - I shop at a grocery store that is closed on Sunday and is very community and church oriented. My mechanic is a Christian who goes to my church as is the lady who does my hair. My husband gets a lot of his business from other Christians that we deal with, too. I try very hard to be mindful of God when and where I spend my money and with whom.

Good point believer. This used to be the norm until we started driting away from it. We should try to re-establish our values in the marketplace.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=...;art_aid=103699

there is a link to i think the ad to which this is referring to

Lord Jesus! What is this world coming to? And at Burger King no less!Disgusting.

I know - whatever happened to "Getting It Your Way" at Burger King ??? I do not understand their ad agency or who thinks this was a good idea....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Axxman. do you have a wife and or a daughter? if not, how about a sister or a mother?

would you like people talking about their body parts as such? very demoralizing towards women, very demeaning, just flat out disrespectful towards women.... women are not sex objects no matter what people say.

this is one area that our youth are learning, how to treat others with respect, not with words of sexual attraction, or even talking about another persons anatomy with uncouth comments, sounds, noise, actions (moving as though having sex on stage), if you like that sort of thing, then I recon you have become desensitized.

our youth have been learning how to dress where they are covered, (and yet stylish) with tasteful clothing, male and female. you would be surprised at how much they really want to be treated properly, and not commented about in off coloured ways. they want the proper respect and treatment from others.

I am not talking about being legalistic, I am talking about being respectful.....

I have a mom, a wife, and two daughters..

That commercial is about as demoralizing to women as it is to sponges...lol. How was it disrespectful? You think that commercial makes sex objects outta women? LOL...not unless having square bottoms is the new *sexy* look.

We can discuss all day whether we should boycott a fast food joint because they did a funny spongebob commercial and featured girls with square, sponge-shaped bottoms...but I think this thread is reaching with all the "poor women" sex objects...blah, blah, blah

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Sooooo...what you're saying is...you buy products from a bunch of sinners.