• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

I am so struggling with myself! It is so hard for me to be me. How can God love me when I am so flawed. I have no idea why he loves me at all!

:noidea:

Everyone has flaws my sister, but DADDY's (GOD), grace is sufficient for all of us.

I'm praying for you. DADDY loves you more than you ever can comprehend. Nothing can separate you from HIS love.

HE called you by your name & made you HIS.

Just look up to HIM & tell HIM all your struggles & fears, HE knows everything. HE is able to do exceedingly & abandantly in your life.

You are a Designers Original, wonderfully & fearfully made.

You are prescious in DADDY's sight.

HE is mindful of you & have written your name on the palm of HIS hand.

lv

lomi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I am so struggling with myself! It is so hard for me to be me. How can God love me when I am so flawed. I have no idea why he loves me at all!

You can draw strength from the knowledge that you are a marvelous creation, loved, protected, and uplifted by the ever-present hand of God. And know that God is everywhere we have ever been and everywhere we will ever go. He is with us night and day, He knows our thoughts and our prayers. Today, as you have quiet moments praise Him, open yourself to His presence and to His love, He is here waiting. His love is here, always. be blessed.

desi :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

Dear paige42986 the Apostle Paul wrote of this same exact problem in Roman 7:14-25. After stating how sinful he was he stated this "(24) O wretched man that I am who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" What a question but wait the answer is even better "(25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord, So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

This why we are told to renew our mind (Romans 12:2). We as Christians know without the help of the Spirit the devil will have us on some major depression trips. For we are a;; sinners saved by the Grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Regarding your struggles if you are a Christian try to rejoice in the fact that Jesus is your righteousness (II Corinthians 5:21). If not just ask God the Father to forgive you your sins and confess with your mouth Jesus Christ as your Savior believing in your heart that Jesus died for your sins and God raise Him from the dead 3 days later. One of the great thing about being a Christian is we are related to God by His own blood (John 1:12; Acts 20:28)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/20/1990

I've backslid so, so many times, so many times infact i've lost count. Yet the last time i came back to him, he forgave me, he broke my heart and made it well again. Praise be to God who never forgets any of his creations, his children. His love is with each one of us, we just have to reach out and grab it. If i were to take a guess, i'd say satan or one of his demons have tried to make you doubt yourself and God, you see, if he does this then you start to question like you have, pray that the Lord keeps you strong and defends you against the works of the enemy.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We love God and His word is truth. Psalm 139:14 states "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well" We all have things that we need to work on to become more Christlike. But God does not make us flawed and He wants us to be what He made us to be. Whenever you have these doubts go to the word of God. It will sustain you.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I've often heard the expression that we can't love others until we learn to love ourselves first. Personally I completly disagree with that. But something I have found - if people have treated us fairly badly in life and have undermined our self-esteem, we can end up with trust issues. If we don't work through forgiveness with God for those people, the pain and lack of self-worth and the struggles to trust and open up can linger in our future relationships and hinder them.

If we hold a lot of sub-concious bitterness because of the way others have treated us - it can poison our ability to see ourselves how God sees us because we've put blockages in our relationship with him. The bible tells us that if we forgive others their sins against us - then God will forgive us our sins, but if we don't forgive then he won't forgive us. Matt 6:14-15, Matt 18, Mark 11:25-16 (And not saying you haven't forgiven anyone here - just bringing up this angle because it's really powerful.)

I've also heard people tell me that God loved me in sermons and in conversations (the God loves us.........because thing) I think at least once a week since I was born. But if you don't have a platform in your spirit to understand what love is supposed to be because of how you've been treated - the words don't have a lot to land on in your spirit and can just fall right through. So you can filter 'love' through your own experience of it, sub-conciously. Also if we think God is unfair in any way (particularly in regards to judgement or justice) we can doubt he really loves us because of how he treats other people (or how we think he treats other people.)

So there are a number of factors that can make us doubt Gods love. But understanding his love for others I think is the most crucial thing. Because the greater our understanding of that - the greater our understanding of who God is. And that bypasses our own insecurities because it answers our doubts.

Outside of that - having people tell you that God loves you can make you feel good in the short-term. But ultimatly its still going to be words trying to feed a bottomless pit. Because love towards you and lack of it towards others is biased love. And if someone is biased then they arn't fair. And if they arn't fair to someone else - they're ultimatly going to be unfair to you ultimatly. Because it's who they are.

So this issue is really important. (IMO)

Hope that helps

*praying for you

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Welcome, Paige, to the true life of a Christian. It is the hardest life to every live if we continue to try and figure God out, but if we accept Him for who He is, and realize that this life is a chance to grow in Him, it is easier then you may think.

Yes, scripture tells us to hate our natural self. When we first understand this, it is hard to understand how He can ever love us. When we allow the Holy Spirit to change our heart and mind, we become more like Jesus, even though we will never accomplish this while in the flesh. It is a continuing process and this is good!

Think of it as a journey where to reach the goal, we must take one step at a time. These steps determine which path we follow, His or the worlds. During the journey, we are shown bits and pieces of what God does not like in us and are given the choice to accept the change that the Holy Spirit is offering or not. If we accept the change, we continue on the journey He has for us. IF we reject the changes, we are at a standstill until we either change or fully reject Him and decide to take our own path instead of His, becoming lost in the path the world follows. Yet, through His love, He will never give up calling us back to His path if we step off.

Some of these changes are easy to accept. Some are not so easy. Some are very clear to us and others, because of our personal natural belief we have created while growing, are not so clear. This is a life long process and I encourage you to consider with prayer, scripture study and the council of other mature Christians, what is being asked of you before you decide not to change. Listen to the Holy Spirit. He will never lead you in the wrong direction.

Gods love is one that we have to accept by faith, for we can never understand its depth.

God Bless and Continue in Him!

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Everyone is flawed. That is the point of Jesus' death and resurrection.

God sees Him and His perfection, not our flaws.

And think about it, really. God created you, and He knows about your flaws. He chooses to not see them. That's what it means to be forgiven.

God did not make us who we had become, we became who we were through the choices we made throughout life. The blood of Christ covers sins upon salvation, but we are not to continue in them. Paul puts so clearly, "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?". Through Christ, we become a new creation, being formed by Him to become more like Him. This is what is meant by being born again, as Jesus told Nicodemus.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God is Love. He cannot deny who He is.

maybe you need to forgive yourself and realize you arent perfect. and then lean on the fact his mercies are new every morning. and his love endures forever. and most importantly YOUR SINS ARE PAID FOR IN FULL.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Paige, you are a unique and beautiful.....and God has a unique calling for you within His body. Place your trust in His love for you, and not what the enemy tells you.

Blessings

:laugh: