• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would an excerpt from Answers in Genesis.

"I have often had people ask me, after reading the passage about the creation of woman, why men don

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would an excerpt from Answers in Genesis.

"I have often had people ask me, after reading the passage about the creation of woman, why men don

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I read an interesting post that stateed that men and women were made in GOD's image. I wonder if someone wouldn't mind a slightly controversial question.

Is that really scriptural?

According to all I have read in the Bible, man was made in the image of GOD and woman was made from/in the image of man. Now, this might mean that woman is made in the image of GOD by virtue of being made inthe image of something made in the image of GOD, but is it really the same? After all, men and women do not look alike and the Bible is very clear about GOD being of a male persuation and HIS personification was also in the same male image.

So, is there scripture that states that women are made in the image of GOD?

I know that this can bring out some angry remarks. Try to curb that. Just wondering if there is scripture to back up a statement.

(O, I get the whole "In JESUS there is no male of female..." which is not an answer to this question)

Thanks

Peace

Read Genesis 1:27

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I read an interesting post that stateed that men and women were made in GOD's image. I wonder if someone wouldn't mind a slightly controversial question.

Is that really scriptural?

According to all I have read in the Bible, man was made in the image of GOD and woman was made from/in the image of man. Now, this might mean that woman is made in the image of GOD by virtue of being made inthe image of something made in the image of GOD, but is it really the same? After all, men and women do not look alike and the Bible is very clear about GOD being of a male persuation and HIS personification was also in the same male image.

So, is there scripture that states that women are made in the image of GOD?

I know that this can bring out some angry remarks. Try to curb that. Just wondering if there is scripture to back up a statement.

(O, I get the whole "In JESUS there is no male of female..." which is not an answer to this question)

Thanks

Peace

Read Genesis 1:27

Whichs says - "Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them".