Point of No Return Marriage

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Forgive me if I misunderstood your statement, but I don't think anyone enters into a marriage with a "Plan B". I certainly didn't think 12 yrs down the road I would be feeling like I'm "doing my time" (for a lack of a better term). And unfortunately thats exactly how I feel, I am just doing my time.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not looking for permission to leave and I will not make excuses for why our marriage failed. It failed, first and foremost, neither of us allowed God to take charge over the marriage, we didn't seek God when we needed Him the most. Secondly we didn't grow together we grew apart.

I was 15 (he was 20) when we met and he was my knight and shining armor; he literally rescued you from the hell I was in. But over the years, his true colors started shining, unfortunately they didn't start shining until after we were married.

Yes I know the truth hurts. Regardless, to say someone entered a marriage with the "I might" instead of the "I do" is just not a fair statement.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

All this and more from the statement 1k :thumbsup:

Ok lets try

2 k :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

All this and more from the statement 1k :thumbsup:

Ok lets try

2 k :emot-questioned:

I know I'm sorry. I had actually decided to keep this to myself and I deleted my entire posting with the exception of what ended up getting posted, which is truly beyond me how it posted!

Like I said, sorry. I really probably should just deal with this on my own

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I k

I beg your pardon?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Forgive me if I misunderstood your statement, but I don't think anyone enters into a marriage with a "Plan B". I certainly didn't think 12 yrs down the road I would be feeling like I'm "doing my time" (for a lack of a better term). And unfortunately thats exactly how I feel, I am just doing my time.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not looking for permission to leave and I will not make excuses for why our marriage failed. It failed, first and foremost, neither of us allowed God to take charge over the marriage, we didn't seek God when we needed Him the most. Secondly we didn't grow together we grew apart.

I was 15 (he was 20) when we met and he was my knight and shining armor; he literally rescued you from the hell I was in. But over the years, his true colors started shining, unfortunately they didn't start shining until after we were married.

Yes I know the truth hurts. Regardless, to say someone entered a marriage with the "I might" instead of the "I do" is just not a fair statement.

Oh Sweet Lady - I didn't mean to distress you anymore than you already seem to be. I was halfway joking - but it does seem that an awful lot of people enter a marriage with a "plan b"... I was married to someone for many years who didn't act like he was married at all. It wasn't a good union at all - but, because I was blessed with 3 children I thank God for it. I'm sure you didn't enter into your marriage with anything but the best of intentions - and I think most people do. I never saw myself alone - but I was and God blessed me and my children and helped us through life. Please know that I care and will pray for you. God Bless you!!!! :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

StartingToday, please don't deal with it on your own. We joke a little on the boards every now and again, and we can because we love each other in the name of Jesus.

If you have something on your heart and you think your Worthy family can help, please post it.

There might be some joking at times.....but most of us are deadly serious about our faith, our fellowship and our prayers for others.

Bless you and may you rest in Jesus

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It never is too late to seek God for any reason. In case you have forgotten due to your troubles, God does care and He is here to help.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Point of no return (in) marriage - "I DO..."

:blink:

Unfortunately a lot of people say that but instead mean "I Might".... :noidea:

Thats not a fair statement, not all situations are the same :blink:

If the couple enters into marriage as the covenant which God intended it to be, the "MIGHT" would be irrelevant, as the union would be held as a sacred commitment before the Lord. Unfortunately, any couple entering into a marriage with a "Plan B" probably will need it, as they see a readily available exit strategy to the hard times that invariably will develop during any marriage. Things such as "we've fallen out of love," "I/we messed up, she/he is not the one God intended me to be with," "I/they committed adultery so we have to get a divorce," "He/she is abusing me (place way here) so I deserve to be free...

Thankfully, the rate of divorce across the board has actually declined (to about 49% - Christians and nonchristians are at about the same rate). Thing is, marriages require HARD WORK. "Happily ever after" is the stuff of Hollywood; real marriage requires a daily commitment (and recomittment) between the couple and the Lord through both the highs and the lows. It is not a 50% shared deal, it is a 100% contribution on the part of both parties and a determination that, regardless of what happens, the marriage is worth saving.

Adultery? The Bible PERMITS (but does not REQUIRE) divorce (Matthew 5:32; Mark 10:11, 12). Abuse? Separation certainly, for the good of the children and the person being abused (1 Corinthians 7:10, 11) but divorce is not mentioned as a remedy. Not "meant to be together? "Fallen out of love?" What about the vow/commitment/covenant you made before God (Mark 10:9).

This post probably will not be popular, but that's ok, sometimes truth really does hurt, even when offered in love.

right

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Starting Today, I wonder if not all of this post got deleted because you need to talk to someone. So many here at Worthy have Godly advice and loving hearts. Maybe we can help. Maybe you need to talk. Marriage is a very important institution to God. You were very young when you got married, but you still made a commitment. So did your husband. Can I ask if you are both Christians? Marriages can be saved and all it takes is one of the partners wanting to save it.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.