• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Lately I have been writing to, and talking to, a lot of people who have problems from depression, anxiety, job related problems, marriage problems, etc. I have not seen a lot of

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I understand so completely and often feel the same way... I am, essentially, "the complaint department" in my profession. I am hammered daily with things that have to be dealt with and usually immediately. Sometimes, I feel drained here, too. I think that the words you posted are very wise, Fez. I need probably need more 'me' time with The Lord, too. Please do not stay away long, friend. Blessings.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Lately I have been writing to, and talking to, a lot of people who have problems from depression, anxiety, job related problems, marriage problems, etc. I have not seen a lot of

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Thank you for sharing this! Lately I have felt drained, mentally and started second guessing myself as to why I couldn't seem to write anything or really give serious thoughts to things like Worthy. It's nice to know that others feel that way too. Amen, to resting in the LORD. If I didn't do that from time to time I would fall flat on my face, spiritually.

Again thank you!

Glory!

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

Psalms 27:4

Glory! Glory!

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Jeremiah 24:7

Glory! Glory! Glory!

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

Hallelujah~!

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

Jesus Is Mine!

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 15:16

Praise His Holy Name!

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

At least one day a week

Just an update on my first post. I did retreat and spend time with Jesus for a while. I spent time praying and asking Him for His grace and favor in my situation. I can honestly say that since I have been spending some time with Him (which I have now learned should be more often that I have been of late), that He has answered part of my prayers during my conversations with Him.

I have more energy than I have had in weeks, physical energy I mean. I am eating better, and the right food, and getting more sleep. I am still working on the mental side, and there is a health (not serious) issue that I am praying about, and talking to Jesus about. I am not freaked out or too worried, as I know He will answer these prayers in His time.

I guess we all need to be like John from time to time, and recline on the chest of Jesus, and feel His heartbeat. We cannot fail to hear the answers to our prayers when we are that close to Him.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

This post is very timely...maybe it's what is said in Revelations too as going back to our first love...

I remember years ago when I was so active in church, being in the worship team, events planning team, etc, etc. After a while, God took them away under very unpleasant circumstances and I felt depressed, very depressed, like my whole world crumbled. Being out of the worship team hit me hard, I loved to sing. For a while I refused to sing to HIM. But eventually, I realized I was too focused on the service rather than the God I serve.

Now when I feel dry and far from HIM (which has happened very recently), I try to sing to HIM a song. That always seems to bring me back.

South

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hey,

Very timely post as there are so many that have become burned out. But to those in this thread that said they got alone with Jesus they renewed their inner self being their spiritual life and relationship with God and it will lift up and make one strong in the Lord.

But sometimes it's the worldly things, just living from day to day, and it all boils down to a matter of the state of our hearts that we have to watch and guard.

When I was reading thru this thread my mind kept going back to the parable of the sower. In...................

Mark 4:3----------------------Mark 4:14

Mark 4:4-------------------------Mark 4:15

Mark 4:5,6-----------------------Mark 4:16,17

Mark 4:7-------------------------Mark 4:18,19

Mark 4:8-------------------------Mark 4:20

We all have to watch over our heart so the things of God will stay and abide within our heart. This is not always easy as Satan tempts us in so many was but it is always a good practice to keep our heart establised in the word of God. The good ground is always ready to receive the seeds of the word and it will bring forth some thirty some sixty some a hundredfold. For the seeds of the word are powerful if given a good furtile place.

Alot of people take this parable to mean that it's talking about sowing seeds in the ministry that you deem as doing a good work and there is scripture that covers that but this parable does not have anything to do with money. For the parable tells us that the seeds are the word that the sower went out to sow and it is not dealing money once again.

blessings

OC

Hey,

Very timely post as there are so many that have become burned out. But to those in this thread that said they got alone with Jesus they renewed their inner self being their spiritual life and relationship with God and it will lift up and make one strong in the Lord.

But sometimes it's the worldly things, just living from day to day, and it all boils down to a matter of the state of our hearts that we have to watch and guard.

When I was reading thru this thread my mind kept going back to the parable of the sower. In...................

Mark 4:3----------------------Mark 4:14

Mark 4:4-------------------------Mark 4:15

Mark 4:5,6-----------------------Mark 4:16,17

Mark 4:7-------------------------Mark 4:18,19

Mark 4:8-------------------------Mark 4:20

We all have to watch over our heart so the things of God will stay and abide within our heart. This is not always easy as Satan tempts us in so many was but it is always a good practice to keep our heart establised in the word of God. The good ground is always ready to receive the seeds of the word and it will bring forth some thirty some sixty some a hundredfold. For the seeds of the word are powerful if given a good furtile place.

Alot of people take this parable to mean that it's talking about sowing seeds in the ministry that you deem as doing a good work and there is scripture that covers that but this parable does not have anything to do with money. For the parable tells us that the seeds are the word that the sower went out to sow and it is not dealing money once again.

blessings

OC

Amen Curious, amen. The personal messages I have recieved about this post, and the answers I have read in the thread have really made me realise that by His power and not ours do we truly live. The wonderful thing, and you say the post was timely, were the messages I received from people who were feeling the same way.

So, strength to everyone, His strength. Rest in Him when you are tired, He will refresh you with living water!