• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Topic moved at request of OP.

Hey yod - VERY interesting Brother :whistling: (now I have to go back and read the whole thread)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Yod, you bring in some very interesting and intriguing ideas. I never thought about other Arab countries and Jordan before. As I stated, never taking to time to study prophecy due to the difficulty of this subject, I had been led by the nose in this area. I have to ask, if you don't mind, how does this line up with scripture? I am not asking in doubt, only for confirmation.

Thanks for the input.

We are told by the Prophets about what will come to pass and we can believe the Word of God

IMO, the mistake prophecy teachers make is trying to nail down the sequence of events.

so my answer is:

I'm not saying this is the "covenant with the many" but I'll know it when I see an agreement to divide Jerusalem.

That is what I am coming to believe. I am now also going to "start over" with prophecy studies. It has been a long time since I ventured into them because they only confused me years ago. I basically stuck to the NT and a few books of the OT. I know this will be a long process with cross referencing, so expect more threads popping up when I am stuck. Hope you all don't mind.

God Bless,

Alan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Iraq hasn't had a king in decades...I don't understand how a Jordanian would think he could do that.

True but thats what was being spoken of at least back when the Iraq war started. I do think one of these princes or the king could play a vital role regarding any treaties made with the other arab countries. Also I believe this particular prince is the president of the Club of Rome.

http://toronto.ujcfedweb.org/page.aspx?id=33940

I still don't get the 'king of Iraq' thing; the Iraqis would never sit still for that.

Iraq hasn't had a king in decades...I don't understand how a Jordanian would think he could do that.

True but thats what was being spoken of at least back when the Iraq war started. I do think one of these princes or the king could play a vital role regarding any treaties made with the other arab countries. Also I believe this particular prince is the president of the Club of Rome.

http://toronto.ujcfedweb.org/page.aspx?id=33940

I still don't get the 'king of Iraq' thing; the Iraqis would never sit still for that.

But there was no such thing as Iraq until the British carved it out in the early part of the last century. KIng Abdullah's grandfather was the Sultan of Bagdad which gives him a (somewhat) legitimate claim to that throne already.

I don't think it will happen now but dividing Iraq certainly was being considered when we couldn't stop the violence.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Yod, you bring in some very interesting and intriguing ideas. I never thought about other Arab countries and Jordan before. As I stated, never taking to time to study prophecy due to the difficulty of this subject, I had been led by the nose in this area. I have to ask, if you don't mind, how does this line up with scripture? I am not asking in doubt, only for confirmation.

Thanks for the input.

We are told by the Prophets about what will come to pass and we can believe the Word of God

IMO, the mistake prophecy teachers make is trying to nail down the sequence of events.

so my answer is:

I'm not saying this is the "covenant with the many" but I'll know it when I see an agreement to divide Jerusalem.

That is what I am coming to believe. I am now also going to "start over" with prophecy studies. It has been a long time since I ventured into them because they only confused me years ago. I basically stuck to the NT and a few books of the OT. I know this will be a long process with cross referencing, so expect more threads popping up when I am stuck. Hope you all don't mind.

God Bless,

Alan

I'll certainly be reading over your shoulder, Alan. :anv20181:

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings Alan

And he shall confirmH1396 the covenantH1285 with many for one week....... Daniel 9:27

I have never believed there would be a peace treaty because the Bible assures that there will be no permanent peace for Israel until the prince of peace, Jesus Christ, returns. At the same time, every time they talk about, or say peace and safety, sudden destruction befalls them. I Thess. 5:3. This has been happening ever sine Israel was reborn in 1948.

Strong on e-Sword translates the word covenant as a confederacy or league, which changes the meaning completely, and has nothing to do with a peace treaty.

When you read the scripture with its proper meaning it reads "And he shall confirm a confederacy or league with many for one week."

This confederacy or league could very well be what Yod mentioned

He is making a "covenant with the many" which includes 57 Arab nations.

and really is a war pact against Israel involving the muslim nations, all enemies of Israel, in my thinking, which is what Daniel speaks of in Daniel 11:43..... "And after the league made with him he shall come up,and shall become strong with a small people. He shall enter peacefully even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time........"

and has nothing to do with a peace treaty.

Nikki

Edited by nikki1

These signify countries that surround Israel. They are all Islamic.

If any good student of bible prophecy were to study Daniel 8 and Daniel 2 "in their original languages", and leave out everything they already believe, (subjective reasoning) that student would walk away understanding the correct "origin of the both beast of Revelation".

The EU (and Rome) will have nothing to do with providing us the biblical anti-christ or the false prophet.

Christian news agencies and evangelical bible prophecy "experts" have misinterpreted so much of this and have blown this Rome/EU thing way out of proportion. So many in the church today have branded Rome as the harlot, and believe the man of sin will come from Rome or the EU.

They have also made the church of God look like a piece of junk as they claim the so called "apostate church" will welcome (accept) the man of sin.

are you Theodore Shoebat?

I also think this is true. The false prophet IS Mohammed. The peace treaty (under current scenarios) is likely a derivative of the Saudi "peace" plan and King Abdullah of Jordan is already attempting "a covenant with the many" to divide Jerusalem.

And we are not being "raptured" to a banquet until we've joined in the destruction of the enemies of Israel.

Psalm 149

1 Praise the LORD. [a]

Sing to the LORD a new song,

his praise in the assembly of the saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;

let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

3 Let them praise his name with dancing

and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;

he crowns the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor

and sing for joy on their beds.

6 May the praise of God be in their mouths

and a double-edged sword in their hands,

7 to inflict vengeance on the nations

and punishment on the peoples,

8 to bind their kings with fetters,

their nobles with shackles of iron,

9 to carry out the sentence written against them.

This is the glory of all his saints.

Praise the LORD.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Blessings Brothers and Sisters, In Jesus Name!

While reading through Daniel, I came across this scripture:

Daniel 9:27 (King James Version)

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

In this scripture, Daniel only speaks of a covenant. There is no mention of peace at all. Searching the meaning of covenant, the closest I can come up with is the word treaty. Treaties are not always peaceful in nature.

While this set me back a little, because I had always said one of the signs of the times will be a signing of a peace treaty with Israel, I had to realize that this may not happen. Doing a little research, I came across one site where someone had posted that it was the western Christians who placed the word peace with the treaty from what was said in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 (New King James Version)

For when they say,