abbershay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Why all this time spent on a Benny Hinn?

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :noidea:

You know, I thought about that too. Why name names? . . .

Because we are told to.

Ro 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren,
mark them
which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and
mark them
which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :noidea:

Because we are told to.

mark them
which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

mark them

Did you not read the rest of the post? :blink:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Because we are told to.

mark them

mark them

Did you not read the rest of the post? :blink:

Yes, it was good.

I was just adding scripture to address that particular point because I know others ask the question . . .

Good question. There are many people who teach falsely. The focus should be on the teachings and not the person. :blink:

Because we are told to.

mark them

mark them

Did you not read the rest of the post? :noidea:

Yes, it was good.

I was just adding scripture to address that particular point because I know others ask the question . . .

Thank you. :noidea:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

No one has to work hard to discredit BH, he has done enough of that to himself. Just pray for him.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.77
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I completely agree, but until the ToS is changed, we should abide by it:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Even though I personally believe that those who are truly false teachers should be exposed, doing so goes against the Terms of Service we all agreed to.

Let's say that one person does not believe in a certain way that another believes in, and we all know this to be true, and called a certain preacher/teacher false due to this. Defaming the preacher/teacher because of ones personal belief would be uncalled for. Instead, debating what the teaching is would be more profitable to all. By not naming names, it will also keep more of the flesh out due to not coming against a preacher or teach that appeals to someone.

A lie is a lie, and the lie will become exposed after the truth is known, by the words spoken. There can never be an exhausted list of false teachers either.

This is my understanding as to why this is part of the ToS. I may be way off base, but I stand by my understanding.

Yes, we can discuss someone's ministry without actually using their name. I think that will follow the letter and the spirit of the TOS.

edit: when we discuss JWs, SVAs and Mormons, we don't single out a living person, so I think that is different than calling out BH by name.

Edited by Parker1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I completely agree, but until the ToS is changed, we should abide by it:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Even though I personally believe that those who are truly false teachers should be exposed, doing so goes against the Terms of Service we all agreed to.

Let's say that one person does not believe in a certain way that another believes in, and we all know this to be true, and called a certain preacher/teacher false due to this. Defaming the preacher/teacher because of ones personal belief would be uncalled for. Instead, debating what the teaching is would be more profitable to all. By not naming names, it will also keep more of the flesh out due to not coming against a preacher or teach that appeals to someone.

A lie is a lie, and the lie will become exposed after the truth is known, by the words spoken. There can never be an exhausted list of false teachers either.

This is my understanding as to why this is part of the ToS. I may be way off base, but I stand by my understanding.

The ToS, like scripture, can be read by two people and we will have two different understandings. I gave what I thought was a fair explanation as to why not naming names is beneficial. By all means, do create a list of who you feel is a false teacher - preacher - prophet and pass it around! I would love to read it, but I think it should be done through the PM function in case my understanding of the ToS is correct. If it is not, then I would appreciate a clearer understanding by those who do make this choice, the Servants. I am very open to correction.

God Bless,

Alan

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

While it is not detailed in the ToS per se, it has always been a policy of Worthy to not name individuals. Point being, people are not always correct. :emot-handshake: Sometimes, people let their emotions and their opinions speak for them instead of documented facts. It is too easy to let gossip and slander in the back door. Unfortunately, we are too few to monitor every post, and for some reason, there are some who had rather duke it out instead of submitting a report.

Every time we have had a BH thread, and there have been dozens(!) it denegrates into insults and personal attacks. Some can actually cry "false prophet" and taint their own witness in the process.

If anyone is uncomfortable with the way it's done here, I suggest an e-mail to George. :noidea:

Edited to add - teach the true way - show what is right - help people to spot the difference.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.77
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Surprisingly, it has been pretty uncontentious so far. I don't think we have made it this many pages before. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

While it is not detailed in the ToS per se, it has always been a policy of Worthy to not name individuals. Point being, people are not always correct. :emot-handshake: Sometimes, people let their emotions and their opinions speak for them instead of documented facts. It is too easy to let gossip and slander in the back door. Unfortunately, we are too few to monitor every post, and for some reason, there are some who had rather duke it out instead of submitting a report.

Every time we have had a BH thread, and there have been dozens(!) it denegrates into insults and personal attacks. Some can actually cry "false prophet" and taint their own witness in the process.

If anyone is uncomfortable with the way it's done here, I suggest an e-mail to George. :noidea:

Edited to add - teach the true way - show what is right - help people to spot the difference.

I agree here. No reason to insult people or anything like that. So far I haven't seen anyone do this on this thread. However, we are to expose false teachers. If there is anyone who is a flase teacher or prophet people should be warned.

All of this can be done without defamation and use only facts.

Example,,, If I were to come here and say,, "Jesus is not God he's a butterfly" Would anyone here jump on that and expose what I'm saying? If I were in a public forum where the world hung on my word and I said the same thing,, Would you let me continue? I should pray you wouldn't.

What shouldn't be done is this,, "Professorwrench is a complete moron! I can't believe he says that stuff. Man, he looks like a homeless guy too" What should be done is this,, "Professorwrench has stated that Jesus is not God he's a butterfly, therefore he is a false teacher" Nothing wrong or unbiblical about that.

Even Paul stated he rebuked Peter publicly and even wrote a letter to a church telling them about it. Examples are examples and we can do them tastefully. "Even the archangel Michael didn't slander satan...."

Caution should be used when calling anyone out as a false prophet or false teacher, and care should be given to the nature of why you are making that claim, and care should be given as to how you are making your statement.

We're called to love, even though they're false we're supposed to love them. Not hate or insult them.

Anyway,,, that's my view on it.