WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

What if he just said "I'm gay and I can't change that"?

It's about his attitude towards sin. He might not be able to change it on his own, but God could. I think there should always be hope in the homosexual that God will change them, and until that happens, faith that He will enable them to stand under the temptation.

I'd rather hear "I'm gay and I can't change that, but God can and my hope is in Him".

Or what about, "I'm gay and I can't change that, but I choose to obey and serve God anyways"?

How is that different to what I said? :emot-hug:

Like I said, I would be uncomfortable if they defend their right to have such desires.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~andy~'

The issue of pedophiles serving in youth group is different because that is intentionally placing them in temptation which is sinful and illegal and dangerous.

The aspect with this is: gay men are attracted to men period - serving in Church involves contact with other men on an ongoing basis - if a gay man is struggling with issues concerning attraction to men - this needs to be resolved BEFORE serving.

I cannot stress this enough.

I have been agreeing with you that anyone who struggles with lust needs to have this issue addressed before serving in ministry.

Straight males are attracted to women but somehow find a way to keep those temptations and lusts under control while in the ministry, and I think that gay male can too. If it is a problem, then of course, they should not serve.

Are you suggesting they should have to turn straight before they can serve?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

~andy~ Do you believe homosexuality to be a sin or not?

a person who remains active and unrepentant in their sin should never be in any position of authority in the church. period. if they are unwilling to take every thought captive to Christ, then they are incapable of leading others in the way of righteousness. i'm disheartened that there are people here at WB who think living a homosexual lifestyle is acceptable in the eyes of God or that it should be acceptable in the eyes of the church.

andy, when we accept Christ as our personal saviour, our old self dies and we are made a new person in Christ. and Christ doesn't make gay people!

Guest shiloh357
Someone struggling with lust isn't in a position to serve. Possessing sexual desires that aren't leading a person to sin is OK. I have wondered in the past (I even have a thread somewhere :emot-hug: ) about whether those gay people should want to hold onto their desires... I would feel uncomfortable with a pastor who says 'I'm gay, and thats ok, because I don't lust or fornicate' etc etc, because I would want my pastor to not want to hold onto any orientation that could lead to sin or temptation. I would rather he have the attitude 'I'm gay, and I hope God purges this from me, and until He does that I will resist temptation'. Hard to explain, I hope I got my point across...

What if he just said "I'm gay and I can't change that"?

I would simply remind Him that God calls homosexuality a sin. It is a spiritual bondage according to the Bible ( I realize you don't agree with the Bible on that issue).

He cannot change. That is true. It is Jesus who has the power to deliver from the sin of Homosexuality and there are plenty of Christians whom Jesus has delivered who have no urges, who have gone on to get married and have children and serve the Lord in various capacities.

The problem has been that people are trying to change, when what they need is the power of God to meet them at their place of need.

Unless a homosexual is willing to first accept what God says about His lifestyle, however, he will not turn to the Lord for help.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

a person who remains active and unrepentant in their sin should never be in any position of authority in the church. period. if they are unwilling to take every thought captive to Christ, then they are incapable of leading others in the way of righteousness. i'm disheartened that there are people here at WB who think living a homosexual lifestyle is acceptable in the eyes of God or that it should be acceptable in the eyes of the church.

Amen ...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes - well spoken LadyC

Of course I believe it is a sin. Haven't you read all my posts???

I am talking about repentent christians, who acknowledge their sinful desires and pray against it, and successfully resist temptation.

The battle between the spirit and the flesh continues until we day, and being saved does not equal a remove of all sinful desires.