• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"Confusedpiece" thought he could reply this answer. :emot-highfive:

First he read Bible randomly. Soon he thought it isn't the best way to read Bible to finish as whole. And he was so determined to finish whole Bible by reading from first to last order as one whole book and started reading from Genesis. Soon, again, he thought it isn't the best way to read Bible and left in the middle, though he finished Genesis to 2 Kings. While reading OT books he missed NT books.

So, now, he alternates OT and NT Books. Eg. After reading Genesis he reads Matthew and so on. He thinks this is the best way to read Bible.

However, "confusedpiece" hasn't completed whole Bible yet . He believes that one day he will. He is in Luke now, and then he will be reading Psalms.

He wonders if anyone have ever tried this reaading plan "Whole Bible in a day" !!!

:emot-heartbeat:

Edited by knightoverloadtheconfusedpiece

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

"Confusedpiece" thought he could reply this answer. :emot-highfive:

First he read Bible randomly. Soon he thought it isn't the best way to read Bible to finish as whole. And he was so determined to finish whole Bible by reading from first to last order as one whole book and started reading from Genesis. Soon, again, he thought it isn't the best way to read Bible and left in the middle, though he finished Genesis to 2 Kings. While reading OT books he missed NT books.

So, now, he alternates OT and NT Books. Eg. After reading Genesis he reads Matthew and so on. He thinks this is the best way to read Bible.

However, "confusedpiece" hasn't completed whole Bible yet . He believes that one day he will. He is in Luke now, and then he will be reading Psalms.

I tried this way and kinda like it. I don't like reading chronologically because it takes ages to get to the NT, and I like to read a bit of psalms and proverbs each day. Some of the minor prophets in the OT, and epistles in the NT, are really short so you have to kinda fudge it a bit.

Guest HIS girl
"Confusedpiece" thought he could reply this answer. :emot-heartbeat:

I tried this way and kinda like it. I don't like reading chronologically because it takes ages to get to the NT, and I like to read a bit of psalms and proverbs each day. Some of the minor prophets in the OT, and epistles in the NT, are really short so you have to kinda fudge it a bit.

andy, I also like to read a Psalm or Proverb everyday. :emot-highfive:

I have a system that works for me (everyone is different and there is no set method) - There are some mornings where I will be in the NT following my regular reading and then through a word or words, I may look up in the "Bible dictionary", it will lead to other parts of the Bible and funnily enough, the verses will be all interlocked. This is the Holy Spirit guiding me and showing me things. It's wonderful. :emot-heartbeat:

I also know of people who read OT in the morning, Psalm or Proverb at midday and NT in the evening.

Everyone is different.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I do what they call "bible-dippin'" - where I open the bible to a random page and read. God has spoken to me several times when I did that, but I wouldn't really recommend it for beginner bible readers/newer Christians. It's not really a fruitful method, but that's what I do. I'm too disorganized at the moment to really stick to a bible reading schedule. *makes mental note to start doing that again*

For anyone who would like to browse through some reading plans, here's a good page to browse through: Zondervan Bible Reading Plans I like the way it goes by themes. I currently have the Heartlight bible plan - but haven't really committed to that. There are also plans in the back of some bibles =).

Just as side advice: If you have committed yourself to a bible reading plan, don't be discouraged if you get behind. What has happened to me is that I sometimes get behind and skim through some of the chapters just to catch up to the plan. And...that's not right. That's part of the reason why I discontinued. Whichever method you use to read the bible - make sure you read it properly in that it's read wholeheartedly (and not grudgingly - not because you have to, but because you want to) and it also should be read prayerfully...God speaks in those moments when you least expect Him to =).

Edited by Godsgalnj

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't like reading chronologically because it takes ages to get to the NT, and I like to read a bit of psalms and proverbs each day.

Here's another program - I had to re-find it.

http://www.deliberatepeople.com/dpresources/

Scroll down to "12-month Bible reading schedule - Free"

There's actually a 12-month and 6-month program.

Every day contains a reading from the OT, the NT, the Psalms, and the Proverbs.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't like reading chronologically because it takes ages to get to the NT, and I like to read a bit of psalms and proverbs each day.

Here's another program - I had to re-find it.

http://www.deliberatepeople.com/dpresources/

Scroll down to "12-month Bible reading schedule - Free"

There's actually a 12-month and 6-month program.

Every day contains a reading from the OT, the NT, the Psalms, and the Proverbs.

Neb you are such a blessing, thank you! :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Welcome! :emot-highfive:

Glad I could find you a helpful resource.

Guest Butero
How do you go about reading your bible? Seems that each day when I go to read it, I just open it up at a random book and read the book or a few chapters. It is all over the place. Do you have a technique or system or something?

I start in Genesis, and read straight through till the end of Revelations. When I am done, I start over again.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

How do you go about reading your bible? Seems that each day when I go to read it, I just open it up at a random book and read the book or a few chapters. It is all over the place. Do you have a technique or system or something?

I start in Genesis, and read straight through till the end of Revelations. When I am done, I start over again.

That's awesome, Butero! I wish I could be so disciplined..... :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I mostly listen to the Bible when I am not doing some kind of research on a subject or word. I'm a auditory learner and get more out of listening than reading when I'm just trying to let the Bible tell me things and not looking for something in particular.