IGNORED

"This Ain't America No More....

dakota190

I have taken the suggestion and replaced the link with the link provided by Otherone, so the youtube link is no longer a problem. enjoy the video. :whistling:

:dance:

maybe we should all go post a request to george to add youtube EMBEDDING here. i know they do have that feature available for this forum software, it's just a matter of installing it.

of course, that's assuming that the youtube embedding feature embeds both by url and code. if it doesn't embed by url, then we'd end up with more of a problem with links than ever.

LadyC, you still have to be really careful, although I have never seen them change the little row of video's that show up at the bottom of the video when it's finished as they do the adds and stuff on their page, one has to check those to see what is there. I always try and find the same thing on Godtube, but this one was not there when I looked.

i'm really not sure how the embed feature would work on this software. but i do have it installed on some different forum software at another site, and it shows absolutely nothing but the specific video that is embedded. (i'm using it on SMF). but i have seen it embed differently on other sites, so i don't know if it would work here.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Embedding youtube can cause the site to seriously lag for some people, especially when (my pet peeve) folks quote 5-6 posts in their post of a :whistling: Please lets not have a video embedding feature on this site.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

This policeman as many others in power do forget their US history lessons and think the people have also forgotten them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I would think that this cop will be in some trouble for his ignorant rebuttal. Sinister forces don't like to be exposed so blatantly.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

You should really search for this information on another site or not create a link, but inform people what to search for.

Please explain.

:whistling:

Youtube links aren't allowed on this site.

I for one am glad they didn't delete it or I would never seen it because I wouldn't have known about it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

How about a new thread to debate the TOS?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

OK - to clarify:

This sort of link is fine becasue it isn't going to the youtube site itself. Other one placed the video on his own site, thereby cutting out the comments and other videos that grace the screen when you click on a youtube link.

We don't have a problem with most videos that are linked. It's the actual youtube site that we avoid.

So - back to your regularly scheduled program. :huh:

I appreciate the link other one. :whistling: I for one would not have seen it had you not done that. Thank you.