Songstress

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

There was one person I used to always go to for spiritual guidance. He was my encouragement anytime I felt like I was falling away from God. A few months ago he moved to a different town. Then last Friday I found out a little more info as to why he left. All I am allowed to know is that it was very illegal, immoral, and could have landed him in jail for a long time. Let's just say the news crushed me. I feel like the biggest part of my church life was all a scam now. I feel like I can't trust Pastors anymore, because who knows what they're doing in the free time now.

How do I allow myself to move past this?

All of us are imperfect. Given enough time people will let us down, and we will let others down. That is why I believe that God asks us to place our ultimate hope in Him

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

There was one person I used to always go to for spiritual guidance. He was my encouragement anytime I felt like I was falling away from God. A few months ago he moved to a different town. Then last Friday I found out a little more info as to why he left. All I am allowed to know is that it was very illegal, immoral, and could have landed him in jail for a long time. Let's just say the news crushed me. I feel like the biggest part of my church life was all a scam now. I feel like I can't trust Pastors anymore, because who knows what they're doing in the free time now.

How do I allow myself to move past this?

It is human nature to sin. You need to find it in your heart to forgive him. Hopefully, someday you will be able to trust him again.