IGNORED

Coincidence or Gods Plan?

Fez

Guest HIS girl

~andy~'

Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up.

I can relate somewhat to this.

I had not been praying for a job but a job in fact landed in my lap.

The initial job opened up doors to what I have now which is my career.

I see NOW, that God's Hand was/is all over it.

In no time did I think it was a coincidence because I hadn't been praying for a job at that time -

The job entails ALL my giftings (even when I was unaware of some of them).

Like I mentioned previously - since becoming a Christian I don't believe in coincidences.

If anything - it makes me more alert of situations.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

~andy~'
Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up.

I can relate somewhat to this.

I had not been praying for a job but a job in fact landed in my lap.

The initial job opened up doors to what I have now which is my career.

I see NOW, that God's Hand was/is all over it.

In no time did I think it was a coincidence because I hadn't been praying for a job at that time -

The job entails ALL my giftings (even when I was unaware of some of them).

Like I mentioned previously - since becoming a Christian I don't believe in coincidences.

If anything - it makes me more alert of situations.

I read a testimony once about a man who gave His life to the Lord while driving in his car. He was stopped at a set of traffic lights, and was in absolute despair about the stress and mess that his life was in. He pleaded with God, "if You are real, please give me a sign, any sign". The car infront of him moved forward and he was able to see the car's bumper sticker. It read something like "God loves you". He gave his life to the Lord.

It was so powerful to me. The driver of the other car probably did not realise that by moving her car forward that she was a participant in God's plan to bring this man to salvation. But she was!!! She probably freely chose to move forward, and yet God always knew that she would, and used this in His wonderful and beautiful plan.

I often think of this story when I feel like God is asking me to do little things. Like, stay at work at extra 15 minutes. Perhaps a different person will see me walking home, perhaps I'll sit next to a different person on the train, perhaps God wanted me to NOT see something. But I know that obedience in all these little things are important because He uses EVERYTHING to bring about His Will. Romans 8:28...

I need to go and read your thread :).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I guess a related question could be asked. Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up. You have previously sought after God in all decisions regarding your career. The two schools of thought are that God is either blessing you, or it is a distraction and not of Him. Does God's will sometimes appear to arise out of co-incidental circumstances?

Random thoughts from Aussie Andy :).

Hmm... Your random thoughts are confusing me (although it's probably because it's late...)

God's will happens outside our prayers. We don't control God with our prayers (although some people like to preach that we do) He leads us to pray for things but He is still sovereign!

And suffering is in God's purpose for many of us too, even if we don't pray for it!

What do you mean " or it is a distraction and not of Him."? Sorry I am getting really confused on these forums tonight!

Sorry, I am not very articulate. What I meant was... is this part of God's will, or is it designed to distract away from God's will (a temptation)?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I think the answer to this is too simple. We have free will. Now we know that God knows the beginning from the end. We also know that God lives in heaven which I believe is outside our dimension of time as we no it. We are trapped in time its a law of physics. God is above time. We have free will but God also knows whats going to happen in the future. He has had a plan since the beginning. He set the ball rolling in the garden and will end it when he comes again and creates a new world. Also remeber the scripture telling us that blessings can fall and the good or bad just as the rain. and likewise pain.

Guest HIS girl

andy this is how I see it -

we have free choice to move and speak how we want - as a Christian we have guidelines and commandments on how we behave/think etc - but we still have freedom to act - it is our choice to obey or disobey.

In saying that - it is in these daily actions etc that the LORD will act in our lives, sometimes we recognise it, sometimes we don't. We don't walk a fixed concrete path - whatever choices we make - the Lord provides opportunities and "ways" for us. It's up to us to take them, recognise what IS and isn't from Him and act accordingly, and of course giving praise and thanks always, even when times are tough.

:)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I guess a related question could be asked. Supposed that something that appears to be a blessing comes your way. Do you take it as a co-incidence, or His Will? Say for example, you got a wonderful job offer. You didn't pray for it, but you were "in the right place at the right time" and this offer came up. You have previously sought after God in all decisions regarding your career. The two schools of thought are that God is either blessing you, or it is a distraction and not of Him. Does God's will sometimes appear to arise out of co-incidental circumstances?

Random thoughts from Aussie Andy :).

It has been previously mentioned that God is not operating according to our time table. It has also been mentioned that we must wait and watch for answered prayer.

In this situation you would have to analyze how you came to be in " the right place at the right time", in order to determine if this was the next step or a distraction.

If the two schools of thought are a blessing or a distraction, then coincidence has no part, if it did, there would be a third school of thought which would mean that God is not in complete control and that random things occur independent of God's will or allowance.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/21/1981

I think the answer to this is too simple. We have free will. Now we know that God knows the beginning from the end. We also know that God lives in heaven which I believe is outside our dimension of time as we no it. We are trapped in time its a law of physics. God is above time. We have free will but God also knows whats going to happen in the future. He has had a plan since the beginning. He set the ball rolling in the garden and will end it when he comes again and creates a new world. Also remeber the scripture telling us that blessings can fall and the good or bad just as the rain. and likewise pain.

I agree, we can make this very complicated because it is very difficult for us to understand. The bible clearly state both exist. This seems like one of those faith issues. Our stubborness really struggles with faith issues because they require faith and not understanding.