Drawn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

A good friend of mine recently moved into a house that he recently purchased. He slept in the house for a week and complained of noises, etc. He said that there were ghosts, but I told him that they were probably demons since "it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27) I believe that demons will try to impersonate the dead in order to play on our fears and keep us from from trusting in God.

Anyway.... I helped him rip up some of the carpet in his foyer and found a weird little pewter charm for a necklace. It was a scrunched up face on one side and two sticks crossed in the back. I thought it was evil, so we burned it in a fire in the backyard, then took the melted parts and threw them in the deepest part of the local river. I'm hoping that we have rid the house of evil things as he has not found anything else.

My question is this- have we done enough? Does he have the power to anoint the house, or does he need to get an ordained minister to do so? He's in Tuscon this week and won't be home until next Wed., so I wanted to find out some info to help him out. He is a good friend and a brother in Christ, so I know neither of us can be possessed, I just wanted some advice on what else can be done.

Thanks, ya'll!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

An ordained minister is nothing more than a man approved by man. It is the Holy Spirit working through you or your friend that is the power to come against demons. Pray in the name of Christ. It isn't you coming against demonic powers, but Christ.

I think you did the right thing to destroy that "thing". Maybe there is more there, but even if you don't find them, demons are powerless against Christ.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

A good friend of mine recently moved into a house that he recently purchased. He slept in the house for a week and complained of noises, etc. He said that there were ghosts, but I told him that they were probably demons since "it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27) I believe that demons will try to impersonate the dead in order to play on our fears and keep us from from trusting in God.

Anyway.... I helped him rip up some of the carpet in his foyer and found a weird little pewter charm for a necklace. It was a scrunched up face on one side and two sticks crossed in the back. I thought it was evil, so we burned it in a fire in the backyard, then took the melted parts and threw them in the deepest part of the local river. I'm hoping that we have rid the house of evil things as he has not found anything else.

My question is this- have we done enough? Does he have the power to anoint the house, or does he need to get an ordained minister to do so? He's in Tuscon this week and won't be home until next Wed., so I wanted to find out some info to help him out. He is a good friend and a brother in Christ, so I know neither of us can be possessed, I just wanted some advice on what else can be done.

Thanks, ya'll!

Drawn it does not take an ordained minister to remove Demonic forces from a house. What it takes is the Holy Spirit. From experience, it does seem that there could be things like that charm that can draw them, but when two or three pray and come in agreement, I've not seen it fail unless there is someone there that is inviting them back.

For about 20 years there is a place on Tinker Air Force Base where we have some rather large printers that used to tun day and night 7 days a week. This place used to be the morgue during the times of world war II and everyone who works there nights sees entities, hear noises and low conversations when no one is there and things move with no one around. I have had tables move on a perfectly level raised computer floor when I was the only person in the room.

So I know for sure that there are forces/entities there that are not of this world so to speak.

I put up with it for while until they caused me to hurt myself late one night and I decided to do something about it.

All it took was fasting one day and praying before I went into the place and when I got there I voiced my non pleasure with them messing with me, and from that moment on they did not make themselves a problem with me. I did still occasionally see them, but they didn't talk around me and they never came close enough to bother me again. Most of the time from then on, they would leave the room when I arrived.

What those entities are, I have no idea...... but I didn't like it when they were around.

Fasting and prayer fixed most everything. One day the Lord tells me in his word that we will not be able to physically over come them, but until that time we can ask the Holy Spirit to make them go away..... and spiritually they have no authority over us at all and never will.

You do need to remember that there are some demonic forces that takes "prayer and fasting" to overcome. The day before your friend comes back, I'd recoment a day of fasting before you confront any known demonic force. You never know what you will confont, and I know from a couple of instances that would be much too embarrassing to talk about that if you get a big head and think you can confront those powers yourself...... well one will have a really big awakinging in store.

Thank you, other one- I appreciate your help, and will email my bud and tell him about the fast. I think we will both do it, and he may even get his girlfriend (a true woman of God) involved as well.

One more question, tho- is it wise to speak to an entity if it speaks to us, or is it better to ignore it and let Jesus do the talking? I don't like to play around with evil.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It's actually very simple. He has to claim the Blood of Christ on himselfand others who live there, and on the property itself. Then it is done.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your advice.

:rolleyes:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Take also some water from church and sprinkle it arround.Do put crosses around the rooms as well.

Praying

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thank you, other one- I appreciate your help, and will email my bud and tell him about the fast. I think we will both do it, and he may even get his girlfriend (a true woman of God) involved as well.

One more question, tho- is it wise to speak to an entity if it speaks to us, or is it better to ignore it and let Jesus do the talking? I don't like to play around with evil.

They are very sneaky, and unless you are willing to get into something with a very very very old entity that is extremely intelligent, I'd just tell them to move on and not come back...... also that they are not to bother you or your friends or family. Remember that not even Jesus sent them to the pit. If you get the notion to do that, you'll have the fight of your life on your hands.

My first experience concerned one that actually had me convinced that I was talking to God Himself; went on for about a year and a half before I realized what was going on.

I had been raised a Christian and had gone through all the motions of being saved, but had not really made Christ my Lord and savior so it was rather easy for the entity to dazzle me with it's intelligents.

To answer your question, unless the Holy Spirit directs you to, I would not converse with it, just require it to leave. This is not something to play with, and not something like Kenneth Copeland strutts around telling people to go find some demon butt to kick. While you don't have/need to fear them, you are not wise to respect them for what they are and are capable of doing.

If you are not comfortable with confronting something like this take it up with your pastor if they are inclined to understand these matters. Not all clergy even believe in such matters.

Another side to this, there are people who will just live with whatever it is in thier house or wherever.

When you get into the spirit world, there is too much that I don't know to play with it. Other than helping other people who are being attacked by dark forces, I really just want to be left alone till Jesus comes back.

Let me know before you do something about it, and I'll at least ask the Lord for protection for you and your feiends There are lots of prayer partners here on Worthy that would also be some good spiritual backup. Neb has dealt with demon powers in the past, you might PM her if she doesn't pick up on the thread.

They are very sneaky, and unless you are willing to get into something with a very very very old entity that is extremely intelligent, I'd just tell them to move on and not come back...... also that they are not to bother you or your friends or family. Remember that not even Jesus sent them to the pit. If you get the notion to do that, you'll have the fight of your life on your hands.

My first experience concerned one that actually had me convinced that I was talking to God Himself; went on for about a year and a half before I realized what was going on.

I had been raised a Christian and had gone through all the motions of being saved, but had not really made Christ my Lord and savior so it was rather easy for the entity to dazzle me with it's intelligents.

To answer your question, unless the Holy Spirit directs you to, I would not converse with it, just require it to leave. This is not something to play with, and not something like Kenneth Copeland strutts around telling people to go find some demon butt to kick. While you don't have/need to fear them, you are not wise to respect them for what they are and are capable of doing.

If you are not comfortable with confronting something like this take it up with your pastor if they are inclined to understand these matters. Not all clergy even believe in such matters.

Another side to this, there are people who will just live with whatever it is in thier house or wherever.

When you get into the spirit world, there is too much that I don't know to play with it. Other than helping other people who are being attacked by dark forces, I really just want to be left alone till Jesus comes back.

Let me know before you do something about it, and I'll at least ask the Lord for protection for you and your feiends There are lots of prayer partners here on Worthy that would also be some good spiritual backup. Neb has dealt with demon powers in the past, you might PM her if she doesn't pick up on the thread.

Hey, thanks again- this is welcome information to have. I've never dealt with demonic powers before. I went over to the house to take my friend's car trailer to him, and walked around a bit. It's like the house is watching you, do you know what I mean? I'm not a superstitious person, I'm not into the occult, or ghosts or anything like that. (I'd rather watch cartoons or go fly fishing, lol.) However, I get a weird feeling like I've never experienced. My buddy's gonna be back on Thursday instead of Wednesday, so we'll probably pray over the house, anoint it, etc. on Friday afternoon. Thank you for the prayer cover, I really appreciate it.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus always told the demons to be quiet. Do the same.

Rule #1 in talking to demons - they lie. So don't even bother.