Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

If you want a comment from an airhead, here goes.

I can be a serious airhead at times. It doesn't bother me. I think people know I am just deep in thought about something else that I tend to do stupid things.

The other day my husband called me a 'knucklehead' but the manner in which he said it was to poke fun in a loving way because I had just done something truly knuckleheaded. :laugh: It did not bother me at all. In fact, I laughed. I could not argue with him.

I don't mind if someone jests with me about this.

About trying to say positive things? I think it is good to strive for this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We should be careful of the words we speak. That said, I don't see anything wrong with joking that has no malice and is all in fun and not meant to be hurtful. We all need to laugh sometimes...and sometimes joking each other and being silly can be fun! :laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Fez don't be an airhead, of course Christians can tell jokes!!! :laugh:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I have a friend who maintains that every word we utter to each other should be a positive, every word.

Like guys do, we were joking with each other the other day and one of my friends called my brother an airhead (well as much as I love him, he is). I mean he was supposed to buy the food for our last Mozambique trip. He arrived at my house late and we were leaving early, nothing open, so we went to Mozambique with tea, coffee, sugar, long life milk and a big packet of corn flakes for four days. Where we go there are hardly roads let alone shops. So yeah he is an airhead!

But every word, come on! My friend says that which we speak to each other we eventually believe. If that is the case we have a problem........ Is this even scriptural?

Hey Fez, lighten up and don't worry about it! I believe God looks at the heart anyhow...you meant no malice, so.....so what? These frowners and nay-sayers, are they human? I have a sister-in-law who asks God constantly about what she should do, it's pretty much overkill I think. Like, well Lord, a poisonous spider bit me, should I go to the dr.? (This really happened). Or, Lord what should I wear to church, etc. etc. I told her, just LIVE, Imy, just LIVE. God gave you a brain to use. Walk with the Lord and he will guide you.

Yes we are going to be accountable for our words. However, I don't know of one christian who is so holy, narrow minded, etc. that they wouldn't ever laugh or enjoy life, even joke sometimes. From my point of view sometimes people strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. God bless.

Thanks Miss Elly, cause I'm laughing sooooooo hard at what you just said about your sister-in-law :laugh: :laugh: ...Will you forgive me :b: .... :thumbsup::blink: jotful

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Allways use positive words it makes your life much better.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I have problems with being positive all the time. I have friends in my congregation that catch and correct me every single time a negative comes out of my mouth and it is SOOOOOO irritating, but I can't berate them because, guess what, they're right.

I grew up being extremely negative because it was fed into me. I'm one of those people that, if someone greeted me with a very perky "Good Morning", I'd want to shove their face in yogurt. But YHWH is teaching me how to be grateful in every situation, thereby learning how to be more positive. It's not easy, I do the best I can, but I have way too many "perky" people in my life right now. I just keep my mouth shut around those people and just say Yes or No and nothing else. It's easier, really, than wanting to shove oranges in their faces.

a.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Fez don't be an airhead, of course Christians can tell jokes!!! :whistling:

:laugh: You got me!!!! And you know what, I don't feel "diminished" at all. Just happy cause I had a good giggle!

Blessings :rolleyes:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Fez don't be an airhead, of course Christians can tell jokes!!! :whistling:

:laugh: You got me!!!! And you know what, I don't feel "diminished" at all. Just happy cause I had a good giggle!

Blessings :rolleyes:

:laugh: hehehehe....

One day I expect you will get me back!

Guest Psalms46:10
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Th.5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as you do.

Well, isnt this sort of like we say about talking to children negatively they do eventually believe it, and no doubt adults can be the same way

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I have problems with being positive all the time. I have friends in my congregation that catch and correct me every single time a negative comes out of my mouth and it is SOOOOOO irritating, but I can't berate them because, guess what, they're right.

I grew up being extremely negative because it was fed into me. I'm one of those people that, if someone greeted me with a very perky "Good Morning", I'd want to shove their face in yogurt. But YHWH is teaching me how to be grateful in every situation, thereby learning how to be more positive. It's not easy, I do the best I can, but I have way too many "perky" people in my life right now. I just keep my mouth shut around those people and just say Yes or No and nothing else. It's easier, really, than wanting to shove oranges in their faces.

a.

Well..... alrighty then.... :whistling: