• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Why does Jesus refer to himself as the son of man?

I am confusied because he is God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yes, He is God, kitty. He was also born of Mary, fully man and fully God. He was Mary's son and, therefore, Son of Man ('man' meaning human.) :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Yes, He is God, kitty. He was also born of Mary, fully man and fully God. He was Mary's son and, therefore, Son of Man ('man' meaning human.) :whistling:

WOW it was right under my nose, sometimes I make thinks harder than they really are. Thanks so much

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

There is a beautiful picture in the bible of Jesus as the second adam. First adam brought sin and death, second Adam brought forgiveness, redemption and eternal life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

Son of Man is also a reference to the prophet Daniel when Daniel looked and saw one 'as a son of man' coming with the clouds, when Jesus used the Son of Man title for himself before the high priests and pharisees he was implicitly claiming his divinity, since they had studied the OT scriptures all their lives they instantly recognized the reference which is why the high priest tore his clothes in anger when Jesus said it.

Daniel 7:13-14

I saw in the night visions and behold, one like the son of man coming with the clouds of heaven and came to the Ancient of days and they brought him before them.

And there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom that all people nations and languages should serve him, his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away and his kngdom that which shall not be destroyed.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yes, He is God, kitty. He was also born of Mary, fully man and fully God. He was Mary's son and, therefore, Son of Man ('man' meaning human.) :24:

WOW it was right under my nose, sometimes I make thinks harder than they really are. Thanks so much

Don't we all? :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Why does Jesus refer to himself as the son of man?

I am confusied because he is God

Blessings, kitty1

The best explanation I have heard concerning Jesus referring to himself as Son of man came from a pastor friend of mine. Bear in mind that the term Son of man doesn't merely associate Jesus with humanity as some think. Jesus referred to himself as being the Son of man in many places throughout the Gospels and the religious Jews and those who knew the Scripture of those days who studied the Old Testament would easily recognize Jesus' words and who He was when He referred to himself as the Son of man in His sayings and teachings. Son of man exalts Jesus to saviour and Messiah status in Daniel 7, where the Scripture is referring to Jesus Himself in Daniel's vision:

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." Daniel 7:13,14.

Consider, then also what Jesus said to his disciples in Matthew's Gospel Chapter 24:30 in describing the events preceeding His coming again as the Son of man:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

The term Son of man in the Old Testament also emphasizes who Jesus is with regards to his incarnation and work of redemption. For instance, Leviticus Chapter 25:25,26 reads:

"If thy brother be waxen poor, and hath sold away some of his possession, and if any of his kin come to redeem it, then shall he redeem that which his brother sold. And if the man have none to redeem it, and himself be able to redeem it"

What this is saying is that the blood related next of kin always acted as the redeemer of a family member who needed redemption from prison; that is to say, Jesus became a man so He could function as Redeemer from sin.

Nikki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Jesus had to become a Man in order to save the Human race. Now do I mean that Jesus was not God certainly not. Jesus was both Human & God.

Rom 5:12-15

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned

Edited by Gold David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

in my understanding the terms Son of man with a capital S and seated at the right hand of God are claims to equality with God. The capital S is not the same as being a son but of being the source (creator) of ALL men, and to be at the right hand of God is not to be Gods right hand man but of EQUAL power and authority.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

All good answers, and a good question as well :blink: