~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

For the last six days straight there has been one earthquake of magnitude 6 or greater. There has been two tsunami's. There has been three dust storms in Australia, the first was the biggest in our history and moved billions of tonnes of dirt into the ocean. This has all happened in the asia / south pacific area.

Is anyone else unsettled by this? I am not claiming a cluster, nor that the end is coming, but it just makes me feel really... dunno... unsettled. :thumbsup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

For the last six days straight there has been one earthquake of magnitude 6 or greater. There has been two tsunami's.

:thumbsup: Didn't know it was that many.

Is anyone else unsettled by this? I am not claiming a cluster, nor that the end is coming, but it just makes me feel really... dunno... unsettled. :thumbsup:

Were any of those earthquakes aftershocks?

Dunno Neb, but that's worth looking into. Here is the link.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recent.../quakes_big.php

The scientist in me wants to know the historical frequency of these events.

From Wiki here

The USGS estimates that, since 1900, there have been an average of 18 major earthquakes (magnitude 7.0-7.9) and one great earthquake (magnitude 8.0 or greater) per year, and that this average has been relatively stable.[15] In recent years, the number of major earthquakes per year has decreased, although this is thought likely to be a statistical fluctuation rather than a systematic trend. More detailed statistics on the size and frequency of earthquakes is available from the USGS.[16]

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

For the last six days straight there has been one earthquake of magnitude 6 or greater. There has been two tsunami's. There has been three dust storms in Australia, the first was the biggest in our history and moved billions of tonnes of dirt into the ocean. This has all happened in the asia / south pacific area.

Is anyone else unsettled by this? I am not claiming a cluster, nor that the end is coming, but it just makes me feel really... dunno... unsettled. :blink:

I feel the same way about the world disasters coming along so quickly one after another. It seems like God may be trying to make a statement here (not that he does not love the people affected by the tragedies) - perhaps fullflling the words of Jesus Christ when he spoke about famine, earthquakes in various places, etc., etc. in the end times. We should all strive to get our loved ones into the ark. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Is anyone else unsettled by this? I am not claiming a cluster, nor that the end is coming, but it just makes me feel really... dunno... unsettled. :blink:

I feel the same way about the world disasters coming along so quickly one after another. It seems like God may be trying to make a statement here (not that he does not love the people affected by the tragedies) - perhaps fullflling the words of Jesus Christ when he spoke about famine, earthquakes in various places, etc., etc. in the end times. We should all strive to get our loved ones into the ark. :laugh:

kinda like "birth pangs."

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I feel the same way about the world disasters coming along so quickly one after another. It seems like God may be trying to make a statement here (not that he does not love the people affected by the tragedies) - perhaps fullflling the words of Jesus Christ when he spoke about famine, earthquakes in various places, etc., etc. in the end times. We should all strive to get our loved ones into the ark. :laugh:

Absolutely, Miss Elly.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We only hear of the big disasters not the the many mini disaasters that happen and the ones which are considered old.

Praying

Proportionally, though -

Indonesia seems to have been taking a beating more than any other area over the past 5 years.