IGNORED

A Christian's response to David Letterman?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The strange doings of the world should not necessarily concern us, including this stuff which frankly is very common. I was not surprised in the least to find out he was having sex with his staff. 60% of married men commit adultery in the US, 50% get divorced, 90% have sex outside of marriage, you know this is the world we live in.

I hope he comes to the Lord with all of the other unsaved out there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

First I want to make it clear this is NOT to be a gossip column. If it becomes such, I'll be locking the thread.

I am only posting this because I was wanting to bounce some thoughts around.

If you've read the news headlines lately, you'll know what I'm talking about with this. If not, well, it shouldn't be too hard to find it out (just put his name in a search engine).

My first thought when I heard the news was, "Vengeance is Mine....." (Thinking back to what he did to and how he used Sarah Palin and her family.)

But then I recalled the verse, "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls...."

So do I refrain from thanking the Lord for justice? No, that doesn't seem right.

But how should the two be reconciled?

He's a sinner in need of a Savior.

Perhaps I should use this to pray the situation be used to break him to the point where he begins crying out to the Lord?

Yeah, I think this is what would please the Lord.

Think?

Amen sista.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

2Co

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Pro 6:12 A worthless person, a wicked man, goes about with crooked speech,

Pro 6:13 winks with his eyes, signals with his feet, points with his finger,

Pro 6:14 with perverted heart devises evil, continually sowing discord;

Pro 6:15 therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly; in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.

Pro 6:16 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:

Pro 6:17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

Pro 6:19 a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Lets pray that when the fall comes, he turns towards Jesus, lets pray that the Lord shows him the error of his ways.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I think his coming forth had more to do with avoiding being blackmailed and extorted than anything else. I feel for his family - it's a terrible mess.

What type of extortionist would take a 2 million check? Kind of suspicious, don't ya think?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I think his coming forth had more to do with avoiding being blackmailed and extorted than anything else. I feel for his family - it's a terrible mess.

What type of extortionist would take a 2 million check? Kind of suspicious, don't ya think?

One that could make it look like it was payment for something else? Having never extorted from anyone, I wouldn't know for sure.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

When things like this happens, I find myself mad, because of all the families (even the blackmailer has family), that get caught up in this mess. The hurt, pain and Lord that bond of trust broken. It takes moments to rip it apart, yet sometimes months to repair...if it can. I get on my :thumbsup:, Yeah God, shine that spotlight on that sinner!! Then, the Holy Ghost convicts me, I repent because, I think about, when I was yet a sinner, separated from God, remembering some of the crazy things I did :rolleyes: (don't try to fill in the blank). So thankful God's spot light didn't shine on me. I pray Mr Letterman will accept Christ, his marriage will become stronger than before, and his life before Christ will become a warning to us all, what sin looks like, the smell, the hurt and shame it brings, when we allow that old man, that sinful nature to rise his ugly head. And as we get up off our knees, we will began to run faster than before, winning souls for Jesus, because saints the time is so near........jotful :8:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

When things like this happens, I find myself mad, because of all the families (even the blackmailer has family), that get caught up in this mess. The hurt, pain and Lord that bond of trust broken. It takes moments to rip it apart, yet sometimes months to repair...if it can. I get on my :rolleyes:, Yeah God, shine that spotlight on that sinner!! Then, the Holy Ghost convicts me, I repent because, I think about, when I was yet a sinner, separated from God, remembering some of the crazy things I did :8: (don't try to fill in the blank). So thankful God's spot light didn't shine on me. I pray Mr Letterman will accept Christ, his marriage will become stronger than before, and his life before Christ will become a warning to us all, what sin looks like, the smell, the hurt and shame it brings, when we allow that old man, that sinful nature to rise his ugly head. And as we get up off our knees, we will began to run faster than before, winning souls for Jesus, because saints the time is so near........jotful :cool:

AMEN!!!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

One that could make it look like it was payment for something else? Having never extorted from anyone, I wouldn't know for sure.

Now that's a real conspiracy theory ! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Blessings,

Nikki

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey guys -