• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

is Jesus walking on earth now? He's not in the flesh anymore. He is simply fully God.

Please provide the Scriptural verses which prove your point. I have given you ample verses that demonstrate Jesus is still in the flesh, and one verse which says he sits forever at the right hand of God as a man.

Hi Leoxiii, John 20:26 "Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst of them". Ever seen flesh walk through doors ? When Mary? wanted to touch Jesus at the tomb, He said not to as He had not yet ascended to the Father and got his new body, but later he allows Thomas to touch His wounds. It does make we wonder then if Jesus will eternally bear His wounds from the cross?

This new body might properly be called flesh but its not like the flesh we now live in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Was Jesus meant to be worshiped, praised and prayed to? The commandments say you shall have no other gods before me. Isn't praying to Jesus praying to another god? Just something I've been thinking about for awhile that's been bothering me. Jesus was sent to pave the way. There is no doubt that He is the Messiah. But isn't it God we should praise, pray and worship?

Hi ASC, Jesus allowed people to worship Him when they fell at his feet,and when He entered Jerusalem. Also the very reason the religious leaders wanted Him crucified was because His words were direct claims to be God. The phrases "Son of God" with a capital "S", "before Abraham I AM" and "seated at the right hand of God" are/were understood by the Jews to mean exactly that, and they said "if you take that back we will let you go", but Jesus said to effect,"if i do that i will be lying".

We non Jews often do not understand the correct meaning of phrases and language of those times, and need to "study to show ourselves approved.

But the only dumb (mute) question is the one never asked. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

We pray to God through Christ, even though they are one and the same.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks for your replies.

I just hear so many people praising Jesus and I wonder if they are praying to God too? So when I say Jesus, I mean God, right? Should I pray in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? Sorry if I'm confusing you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/18/1938

First, inActs there are at least two references to non Jews meeting in synagogues to hear Paul 'reason' with the Jews and preach, then move on to the houses of believers after Shabbat. However, that does not address the question.

We know from the New Covenant Writings that the believers met in homes - most likely for the first 400 years. How did they conduct themselves in such meetings? Well, again from the book Acts, we know they met to 'break bread'.

How to conduct an assembly: 1 Corinthians 14:21-40

We have direct access to God through Jesus, and it is in Jesus' name that we should pray.

We have direct access to God through Jesus, and it is in Jesus' name that we should pray.

Why not in God's name as well and the Holy Spirit? Why just Jesus?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks for your replies.

I just hear so many people praising Jesus and I wonder if they are praying to God too? So when I say Jesus, I mean God, right? Should I pray in the name of Jesus or in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? Sorry if I'm confusing you.

It is confusing--and I know it pleases Him that you ponder it in the first place, for only in pondering will you grow to know God more. My advice is to read the Bible and let the Spirit reveal to you who He is. I was looking for Scripture, but there are so many verses that depict Jesus as God. That might sound like a cop-out for me not to find verses and type them in, but it is our responsibility to read the Scripture ourself. Although it is a joy to talk about God and ponder Him between His people, I teach against believing "man" when seeking what God's Truth is--at the center of his Word is Psalm 118:8 "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man". I've definitely learned that the hard way in my life!

So, read your Bible and He will reveal what He wishes to reveal to you! God bless.

I have started reading the Bible. Unfortunately, I've only made it to Exodus so far. I plan on reading the entire book.

Why not in God's name as well and the Holy Spirit? Why just Jesus?

Because scripture says in John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"