~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels... charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. - Psalm 91:9-11

Anyone else have any scriptures?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I agree with Gator. Although I am aware of the reasons for the concern, so far H1N1 has actually been less severe than the regular flu.

But we are getting hit with other viruses right now - at my college we've got people with colds and people who are throwing up. So it's not just H1N1.

Not saying don't pray for protection, but just don't be afraid of H1N1 like it's the bubonic plague; it's not. So far, it's just another flu.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

There are MANY people in my area worried about it. The pharmacies are running out of Tamiflu and the clinic call lines are overflowing with calls. It's a really bad flu. My nephew had it and he had a fever for almost a week.

Two spring ago, I had a flu that lasted a month. And I coughed so much I injured my chest wall. (That hurt!)

I'm not saying it's not a big deal to get sick. Any flu can be deadly.

Just don't panic over this one worse than any other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels... charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. - Psalm 91:9-11

Anyone else have any scriptures?

That's interesting..... I had the flu three weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not the Lord's? It's really easy to take this scripture and beat people with it as being their fault if anything bad comes into their lives....... Thousands upon thousands of the first century Christians killed by Nero would disagree.

BTW, if you do get the flu, the main fighting tool you have is a rise in your temperature...... the more feaver reducing medication you take, the longer you'll be sick. Up to 103 or so, just let it go, and you'll be well sooner.

That's interesting..... I had the flu three weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not the Lord's? It's really easy to take this scripture and beat people with it as being their fault if anything bad comes into their lives....... Thousands upon thousands of the first century Christians killed by Nero would disagree.

Nothing wrong with praying Scriptures over yourself. That's all she's saying.

And actually, considering we need to put on the armor of God, praying Scripture over yourself like this is a way of putting armor on.

Nothing wrong with praying Scriptures over yourself. That's all she's saying.

And actually, considering we need to put on the armor of God, praying Scripture over yourself like this is a way of putting armor on.

I grew up around a lot of WOF's and I've seen this scripture very abused to the point of killing people's faith..... I'm a little seneitive about the subject. It hurt a lot of my favoriate relatives. I've seen it taken to the same level as burning witches to see if they are witches, just on a spiritual level and not physical.

I'll go be quite now.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

If you have a young child whose health is already compromised with asthma and breathing issues or a heart defect - talk to your child's medical caregivers. The vaccine is recommended for children who have a high risk factor such as asthma, heart conditions, Cerebral Palsy, etc. This flu is not quite like "most" influenza.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Gator. Although I am aware of the reasons for the concern, so far H1N1 has actually been less severe than the regular flu.

But we are getting hit with other viruses right now - at my college we've got people with colds and people who are throwing up. So it's not just H1N1.

Not saying don't pray for protection, but just don't be afraid of H1N1 like it's the bubonic plague; it's not. So far, it's just another flu.

I agree Nebula! My mother just got over H1N1. She was diagnosed too late for Tamiflu to even make a difference. She spent about a week in bed, and she was fairly miserable. Now that she is fully recovered, she tells me that H1N1 was no worse than any other flu strain. This is all hype.

"Fear Not."