• no

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if time travel is possible? We see times in scripture such Daniel, and John. I believe that it is possible though I dont know how. If I did I wouldnt be working in a factory. Anyway my theory is that God is outside of time and space. We in are universe are trapped within time, God knows the beggining from the end. If this is true there must be some way to to travel back and fourth, on a timeline. God is above this timeline, but in certain points in history the furture has been revealed and those revelation and prophecies have and will come to past. I dont think that we humans will ever be able to travel in time like many things God would probably not allow it, but I do think that if God allowed man to, we could. Does the past ever realy go away and the bible shows us that the future is already written.

Blessings, humbleseeker :

Your query brought this scripture to mind:

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:1-2

When Jesus appears, we shall be like him and be able to travel about like Him when time is no more., IMO. This would be in the Millennium Kingdom and thereafter when we will have our new incorruptible bodies like Jesus'.

We all know the account of Jesus on the road to Emmaus after Jesus' resurrection when two of Jesus' followers, one named Cleopas were talking of the events of the previous days and Jesus crucifixion. The two did not recognize Jesus who showed up out of nowhere. Then later, as Jesus was eating with them, he brake bread and blessed it and gave it to them and their eyes were opened, and they knew him, and the scriptures says Jesus "vanished" out of their sight. Luke 24:13-31

It is interesting that in describing how Jesus departed from his disciples, Luke uses the word "vanished"

Vanish, Vanishing:

a, negative, phaino, "to cause to appear" (akin to A), occurs in Hbr 8:13, RV, "(nigh unto) vanishing away;" the word is suggestive of abolition.

Note: In Luk 24:31, the adjective aphantos (akin to A and B), "invisible," used with ginomai, "to become," and followed by apo, "from," with the plural personal pronoun, is rendered "He vanished out of their sight" (AV, marg., "He ceased to be seen of them"), lit., "He became invisible from them."

Jesus could disappear in the blink of an eye, or become invisible as He did here. :whistling:

Nikki

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

The above relates to spatial issues, not time issues. Neither Jesus nor us are time traveling just because He appears in a room or we are able to go from point x or y during the present moment. Jesus did not go back to 400 B.C., just a different location in the first century moment. He did not go forward to 2010 when He appeared to first century people!

There is no evidence for time travel because it is incoherent/impossible, even for God. God cannot fly on the U.S.S. Enterprise Star Trek ship, but this does not mean He is not omnipotent or omnipresent. Logical absurdities are not limitations on God. They are just dumb things like trying to say that God can create a rock too heavy to lift.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The above relates to spatial issues, not time issues. Neither Jesus nor us are time traveling just because He appears in a room or we are able to go from point x or y during the present moment. Jesus did not go back to 400 B.C., just a different location in the first century moment. He did not go forward to 2010 when He appeared to first century people!

There is no evidence for time travel because it is incoherent/impossible, even for God. God cannot fly on the U.S.S. Enterprise Star Trek ship, but this does not mean He is not omnipotent or omnipresent. Logical absurdities are not limitations on God. They are just dumb things like trying to say that God can create a rock too heavy to lift.

Scripture disagrees with you

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

Blessings,

Nikki

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I believe that time has great relevance .... a 30 minute trip to the pediatrician with two sick kids in the backseat screaming and crying can seem like 40 hours....

A 1 hour trip to the airport to see a loved one off for maybe the last time can take seconds... the time just evaporates and you are at the gate trying not to sob.

:)

The subjective perception of time should not be confused with the objective reality of time. A thousand years is as a day for the Lord (simile) is about perception and relative experience, not a scientific statement. Time is endless, a concept like love, not a literal, created thing. Our unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) had a beginning, but duration did not (nor will it cease in the future; several verses in Revelation have time in eternity...half hour, etc.).

I can tell by the way you wrote your post that you really are not interested in other's thoughts, so I'll just put it that I disagree and leave it at that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessings Humbleseeker, I want to share my thoughts concerning time travel. I have always thought that people who has had a visitation with God are the ones chosen by Him to experience this type of travel. Here are two things, that lead me to believe in time travel. You don't met a great number of these people. Some are said while being brought back to life, God sends them back to do unfinish work for His kingdom. They can tell you things about what they witness in heaven or hell. One of my sisters in Christ had a brain aneurysm, and dead, as they worked on her, she said she could see everything going on. Then she had this kind of "caught up feeling", and she heard God tell she had to return, because the children church kids needed her.

Several years ago, I had the blessing of leading a young Buddhist to Christ. He became so excited, yet afraid of what his family would do, when finding out his desire to become a Christian. One day he said Mrs.___, I so want to receive Christ, do you think that He can take me and show me some things. I told him to pray and read the word, not knowing he really verbally meant what he was saying. The next day he shared that he had accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. I said, see what pray can do. but then he began to share how he had been taken to heaven and hell. He said, in Heavan there is a peace that has no word here on earth to describe it. Even though I didn't see God face, the glory was there and I knew He was right there beside me, and I knew His voice. But as quickly as the peace appeared it left, and I became afraid for the path turned dark. Mrs.___ God was there with me. He told me not to be afraid, because the souls could not harm me. He said he could hear the chains and weeping. He asked who are they, and God's reply was those are the ones would did not believe, then he ask where are they, God said they are in hell. Folks, I didn't say anything, because I knew that he was telling me the truth.

This is my personal belief concerning time travel by people who experience a little bit of heaven, hell or both, by leaving here on earth. I believe this typel is for the selected few, that only comes by invitation in which God Himself hand delivers. I repeat this is my personal belief...jotful

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things that are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of the law.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Thats cool jotful. Yes all things are possible with God even time travel. He created time why cant he tune it to do what he wants.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Thats cool jotful. Yes all things are possible with God even time travel. He created time why cant he tune it to do what he wants.

Time means nothing to God. The concept does not exist for Him. He just IS. He is the I AM, and always will be. So in relation to time travel and God, the question does not really apply. To us, well yes I think it could be possible, given that if God allows it, and we discover how to, it will happen. But the theory of relativity and bending of "time" and "space" that Einstein first suggested, is still just that, theory.

Scripture disagrees with you

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

Blessings,

Nikki

Can God make married bachelors, square circles, know where Yoda is right now, etc.?! The context is about salvation, not logical absurdities like making rocks too heavy to lift (theists and atheists agree that this is absurd, not a limitation on omnipotence).

You have not given a verse to prove or disprove time travel. You have proof texted out of context and failed to understand logic. God cannot turn Himself into Satan, so is Lk. 1 wrong, or your interpretation of it?!

I believe that time has great relevance .... a 30 minute trip to the pediatrician with two sick kids in the backseat screaming and crying can seem like 40 hours....

A 1 hour trip to the airport to see a loved one off for maybe the last time can take seconds... the time just evaporates and you are at the gate trying not to sob.

:rolleyes:

The subjective perception of time should not be confused with the objective reality of time. A thousand years is as a day for the Lord (simile) is about perception and relative experience, not a scientific statement. Time is endless, a concept like love, not a literal, created thing. Our unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) had a beginning, but duration did not (nor will it cease in the future; several verses in Revelation have time in eternity...half hour, etc.).

I can tell by the way you wrote your post that you really are not interested in other's thoughts, so I'll just put it that I disagree and leave it at that.

How is sharing another perspective or not believing a flawed view 'not interested in other's thoughts'?! If it did not matter or I was not interested, I would not be posting or reading other's ideas.

Time means nothing to God. The concept does not exist for Him. He just IS. He is the I AM, and always will be. So in relation to time travel and God, the question does not really apply. To us, well yes I think it could be possible, given that if God allows it, and we discover how to, it will happen. But the theory of relativity and bending of "time" and "space" that Einstein first suggested, is still just that, theory.

Genesis to Revelation, including tensed expressions about God (e.g. Rev. 1:8), begs to differ.