other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,175
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm watching all the episodes of "Lost" on hulu and the last comple of days a lot of the commercial breaks have been for the new series "V" I keep thinking of this scripture when I see these commercials..... it's really begining to bug me.

Rev 12:7-9

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/104096/v-a-first-look-at-v

http://www.hulu.com/watch/98204/v-sneak-peek-arrival

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

He has already come....he simply doesn't have his full power yet.

He comes and goes, but I don't think he's been kicked out of the heavens yet and forced to remain here.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

He comes and goes, but I don't think he's been kicked out of the heavens yet and forced to remain here.

Yes, he is being restrained.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

That's very interesting. Satan is being restrained? Like with a great chain? Hmmm. Interesting. Except for one or two little things. Since the church is in massive apostasy (II Thess 2), which is fairly obvious, and the man of sin (aka Magog) has been revealed and is on the march (again fairly obvious given the way Church is being attacked) and the way the nations are being deceived (Rev 20), I would have to say that we're further up the timeline than most Christians think we are.

What will happen 'when Satan comes again'?

1. The nations will be deceived

2. A vast army of godless people would array themselves against the Church

3. Humanity will become capable of miraculous things to the point that they will begin to think of themselves as god

4. Mankind will believe "the lie" (that they can be as god, knowing good and evil)

5. Homosexuality will become acceptable

6. The world will be filled with violence

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

In the same 2 Thessalonians 2 you will also find the scripture about being restrained. How did you miss that?

6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

That's very interesting. Satan is being restrained? Like with a great chain? Hmmm. Interesting. Except for one or two little things. Since the church is in massive apostasy (II Thess 2), which is fairly obvious, and the man of sin (aka Magog) has been revealed and is on the march (again fairly obvious given the way Church is being attacked) and the way the nations are being deceived (Rev 20), I would have to say that we're further up the timeline than most Christians think we are.

What will happen 'when Satan comes again'?

1. The nations will be deceived

2. A vast army of godless people would array themselves against the Church

3. Humanity will become capable of miraculous things to the point that they will begin to think of themselves as god

4. Mankind will believe "the lie" (that they can be as god, knowing good and evil)

5. Homosexuality will become acceptable

6. The world will be filled with violence

If satan was not being restrained (see OneLights answer in the post above), do you really think we would be living the carefree, and unrestrained lives we live right now? And I use the words carefree and unrestrained with caution, and in a Christian context. If satan was let loose completely hell on earth would result. And although there are those who would say this is already the case, I venture to suggest that their impression of hell on earth and mine, differ somewhat. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

I'm watching all the episodes of "Lost" on hulu and the last comple of days a lot of the commercial breaks have been for the new series "V" I keep thinking of this scripture when I see these commercials..... it's really begining to bug me.

Rev 12:7-9

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/104096/v-a-first-look-at-v

http://www.hulu.com/watch/98204/v-sneak-peek-arrival

indeed.

for those who have discernment, its obvious the media is preparing the population for the arrival of satan and the fallen angels, or in other words an "alien disclosure".

i believe satan and his evil companions have been banned from the highest heavens, but they have been free to roam around these lower, earthly regions. soon however, they will be cast down and confined entirely to planet earth. the sixth seal says they, being "stars", will fall from the heavens like figs being shaken by a fierce wind. this fierce wind is of course the wrath of god to rid the universe of all that pollutes.

"Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short." Revelation 12:12

they will be forced to make a mass appearance and speak lies about their identity, claiming they're here to help the world with its destructive ways

"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders..." 1 Thessalonians 2:9

indeed the world will believe it is the second coming of jesus with his angels, when in fact it will be satan and the fallen angels "masquerading as angels of light". the deluded population will readily accept them as the saviors of the world.

as it says in revelation 12:12, all true christians will have been raptured into heaven, immune from the ensuing wrath and deception.

Yes, he is being restrained.

I would agree that he is being restrained spiritually, and he has never been able to take the life of a believer, even in the days of Job..... but he can convince a lot of unbelievers to do things to believers and all good people; that's why bad things happen to good people. That's what free will is about and that is the hold that Satan has on this world today.

Soon the restraints will be removed and he will not only take complete control here, he will kill many of us in the believers group. But alas, that will in the end be no big deal either so don't sweat any of it for Jesus tell us that even though they kill you not a hair on your head will be lost....... LoL that's assuming you still have hair on your head.

Guest Ditchens

Question... Well, more of a kind of off-topic issue really. Someone said homosexuality will be acceptable when satan comes. When you stop and think for a moment, this doesn't seem to make sense. Why is satan associated with a form of love (something that occurs in every culture, be the christian or not, as well as in nature) and god s against it. Is the unimportant fact that two people of the same gender can have more than friendly feelings for each other really that bothersome to the supreme ruler of the universe? I mean, war, disease and starvation are rampant throughout the world, and god's more concerned about what two people do in the privacy of their own homes? And if it really DOES bother him that much (I dont think he even exists so I'm unconcerned about that), lets not pretend its any of OUR business. There's so much anti-gay propaganda thrown around by religious groups its sickening. Why is what two consenting people do in their own private lives anybody else's concern? Really, its not. If these people are theoretically going to be punished by god in the afterlife, then why does anybody need to harass them in THIS one? Seems rather useless to me. And if, just IF, homosexuality is a product of satan, then why does it occur in priests of many denominations? There are loads of holy men living in the proverbial closet, doing things that their flock would not would not approve of (even as far, as we all know with catholicism, as raping young children. Consensual homosexuality doesnt faze me, but child molestation is simply NOT acceptable or excusable EVER). So if the priests, men of god, want it, what exactly does that say? And what about the fact that homosexual behavior occurs in several primate species, some whales, dolphins and seals? Is satan controlling our furry and swimming comrades? They sure don't seem to have a problem with being gay. Is it really too much to think that perhaps the whole "to be gay is satanic" thing is simply because too many of us don't understand the gay way of life, and that we fear and hate what we dont understand, and that these anti-gay biblical phrases were written by men like this? If you take gods averseness to homosexuality, there really doesnt seem to be anything detrimental to it. Sure, you can go on about how its sick or wrong or whatever. But hey, the bible condones slavery. Moses (ironically) talked favorably about in one or two places. Is there anyone out there that's pro-slavery? Because, to be anti-gay for religious reasons would also mean that you have to agree with slavery. You can't say you follow along with a certain set of rules and then just pick and chose which ones to follow. Why does the great ruler in the sky want us to treat those different than us badly? Personally, I'm more concerned with putting my fellow people before any supernatural forces. But thats just coming from a lowly atheist. What do I know?