MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

After reading this story I thank the Lord it never happened to one of my kids.....I would not be able to control myself.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/12/14/Tea...40841260825997/

It would seem this would be assault, not disorderly conduct......

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

This is outrageous and I think this teacher is unbalanced and unfit to teach any child. This was assault. I don't know what I'd do - but I'm fairly sure I'd make sure that if that teacher wanted to cut hair she'd be working in a beauty shop when I finished with her.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

would be demanding that assault charges be filed, and if the school did not...I would.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1991

I cannot believe that!!! Wow...crazy people out there...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Yeah the parent sure was mild mannered about the whole thing. I guess that's a good thing to be calm, but I would have been more vocal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We had three students take a hippie nu rd down and cut his long hair when I was in high school (1960's) and they got some pretty hefty fines for barbering without a liscense.....

My wife is a kindergarten teacher and we have friends that are second and third grade teachers, and I can't emigine why she would be bothered with the kid playing with her hair.

I would think there is more to this than just hair, but no one has the right to cut someone's braded off.

I would add though that you all can't imagine what teachers have to put up with these days, and how they are stopped from doing any real dicipline. This kind of frustration may well be a sign of the times to come.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

After reading this story I thank the Lord it never happened to one of my kids.....I would not be able to control myself.

Sounds like teacher meltdown, job burnout to me. I would be mad too, if this happened to one of my kids. Some people just cannot handle children that misbehave without resorting to the bizzare. And God forbid that anyone (parent or teacher spank a child anymore -that's way out of control. Many people are abusers, not the correct kind of discipliners.

It's tough, I know my little boy gave some of his teachers a hard time when he was in pre-school (he's in his 30's now). I worked for a while at a private christian day school that had grades up to junior high. My son's teacher was one of my best friends and I knew she loved the kids, but she disciplined them as well, because we had written permission to spank these kids if needed. We were NOT to spank them hard enough to leave a mark and this was only done after all efforts at discipline had been exhausted. Miss Julia would always tell me when he spatted Robert on the behind, (not hard at all!) she would say, well I had to get ahold of Rob today, he was being a brat. I knew he was not abused, because I had been in her class many times. To me this can be a good thing if done correctly. However, cutting a kids braids off is pushing the envelope and she should be fired.

Sounds like teacher meltdown, job burnout to me. I would be mad too, if this happened to one of my kids. Some people just cannot handle children that misbehave without resorting to the bizzare. And God forbid that anyone (parent or teacher spank a child anymore -that's way out of control. Many people are abusers, not the correct kind of discipliners.

It's tough, I know my little boy gave some of his teachers a hard time when he was in pre-school (he's in his 30's now). I worked for a while at a private christian day school that had grades up to junior high. My son's teacher was one of my best friends and I knew she loved the kids, but she disciplined them as well, because we had written permission to spank these kids if needed. We were NOT to spank them hard enough to leave a mark and this was only done after all efforts at discipline had been exhausted. Miss Julia would always tell me when he spatted Robert on the behind, (not hard at all!) she would say, well I had to get ahold of Rob today, he was being a brat. I knew he was not abused, because I had been in her class many times. To me this can be a good thing if done correctly. However, cutting a kids braids off is pushing the envelope and she should be fired.

But this little girl was just playing with her own hair; she's only seven! And she said in another interview that the other kids laughed when she started crying. This is traumatic for a little girl and I hope this teacher is not only fired but spends time in jail. Imagine how any kid would feel having to go to school with a handful of hair missing! I don't understand why taking an instrument and attacking another's person isn't assault with a weapon. :rolleyes:

This is outrageous and I think this teacher is unbalanced and unfit to teach any child. This was assault. I don't know what I'd do - but I'm fairly sure I'd make sure that if that teacher wanted to cut hair she'd be working in a beauty shop when I finished with her.

She needs to have someone chop her hair off....and let it grow back in a cell. Someone who would do something like this is dangerous.....what might she do next?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No more response than we have from the kids parents so far tells me that there is a lot to the story that we don't know yet.

I think most of you are over reacting. You should not be more upset than the parents seem to be. Since there are not assault charges against the partents I had to re-evaluate my first thoughts about the story.