zotah

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Was Jesus Ever Known As The Son Of God Before He Came To Earth In The Old Testament?

I've been trying to find verses in the old testament to verify if Jesus was considered the Son of God in the Old Testament. I Have not been able to confirm this.

My question is: Did Jesus only become known as the "Son of God" after he was born on earth to Mary. Or was he always known as the "Son of God" through out time past.

If he is known as the "Son of God" before he came to earth, Is there any verses I could go to?

Or is the current established belief that it wasn't until he was born that he was first mentioned as the "Son of God"?

Let me know

Thanks,

Zotah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Was Jesus Ever Known As The Son Of God Before He Came To Earth In The Old Testament?

I've been trying to find verses in the old testament to verify if Jesus was considered the Son of God in the Old Testament. I Have not been able to confirm this.

My question is: Did Jesus only become known as the "Son of God" after he was born on earth to Mary. Or was he always known as the "Son of God" through out time past.

If he is known as the "Son of God" before he came to earth, Is there any verses I could go to?

Or is the current established belief that it wasn't until he was born that he was first mentioned as the "Son of God"?

Let me know

Thanks,

Zotah

Hello Zotah...you might want to look at:-

Psalm 2:7

Proverbs 30:4

Isaiah 7:14

Isaiah 9:6-7

Generally some things are delclared in Scripture that remain hidden until their fulfilment, then they serve as a testimony to the veracity of G-ds Word, and act to encourage and establish our faith in the L-rd and His ways.

Best regards Botz.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

To expand on Botz's answer, here are the verses he cited:

Psalm 2:7

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Proverbs 30:4

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Isaiah 7:14

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6-7

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,175
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Let me know

Thanks,

Zotah

John tells us that Jesus before being born a human was in the form of God. He is refereed to as "The Word" and it was actually Jesus in this form that created everything. We are told by Paul that all things came from God (the Father) and that all things came through Jesus (The Son).

Jesus was spirit before he became human and always existed with the Father, so he was not the Son of God before his birth.

When you and I were born a brand new spirit was so to speak installed into our bodies, but Jesus's spirit was not new; it had always been.

Since Jesus told us that no one has ever seen the Father except for Him, and since Moses, Aaron, some other dude I can't remember his name and 70 of the elders of Israel saw the God of Israel, it is my belief that Jesus was actually what Moses knew as the God of Israel. Jesus and Yahweh are the same spirit in my thoughts.

Jesus set aside much more than most people realize to come here and take on our sin...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Let me know

Thanks,

Zotah

There are a few verses in the Bible that "prophesied

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Reference to the son....

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? 5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Prov 30:4-6 (KJV)

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psalms 2:7-9 (KJV)

10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Psalms 2:10-12 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV)

Hope this helps

(How did I miss that all this was posted prior?? Sorry about the duplication) :whistling::laugh::blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

(How did I miss that all this was posted prior?? Sorry about the duplication) :rolleyes::24: :24:

:whistling: