Bold Believer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

So. . . let me make sure I understand this correctly. It's no big deal that a church would help celebrate a quasi African-American holiday which was formulated by a black militant who's sole aim was to make sure there was a clear seperation between blacks and whites?

That's correct.

If it wasn't important, then why was it celebrated at all?

Maybe they've nothing better to do.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with Christ or His birth is one more reason the Church should NOT be celebrating it. It's just more Magogism taking away from the truth of the Gospel.

Well, they shouldn't be but.....you just can't tell them what they can celebrate. Anyone who is opposed to Kwanzaa can just ignore it. It's not like it's some big mainstream event. Are we going to become like the muslims and be threatened by anything and everything that's not Christian? Kwanzaa is a tiny blip; it doesn't even make the news.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

The fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with Christ or His birth is one more reason the Church should NOT be celebrating it. It's just more Magogism taking away from the truth of the Gospel.

Well, they shouldn't be but.....you just can't tell them what they can celebrate. Anyone who is opposed to Kwanzaa can just ignore it. It's not like it's some big mainstream event. Are we going to become like the muslims and be threatened by anything and everything that's not Christian? Kwanzaa is a tiny blip; it doesn't even make the news.

I'm interested sister. With the newfound facts that you have at your disposal. Would you participate in a situation where your Pastor was lifting up this Holiday and celebrating it in a Church service?

This really isn't about you or your views, by the way. I'm not personally attacking you.

It's about a Church lifting up a Holiday that has no business in Christian Worship or Celebration.

If folks want to celebrate this I have no qualms whatosever. Do so and enjoy yourselves just don't bring it into the Church and ask Christianity to sanction it.

I personally will be much like the story of John the Disciple whom when confronted with a certain Apostate in the local bath house preferred to leave rather than enter and share the bath lest he suffer the risk of the builidng falling down upon his head. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

As a free people, black America has every right to celebrate Kwanaa, but like many things, that doesn't make it o.k.; Kwanzaa is nothing more than a pagan man made holiday, certainly unbiblical, and I don't think any Bible believing Christian, and certainly not a Christian church, should endorse or celebrate it lest the Christian give the appearence of evil and cause someone else to stumble.

Blessings,

I'm interested sister. With the newfound facts that you have at your disposal. Would you participate in a situation where your Pastor was lifting up this Holiday and celebrating it in a Church service?

No, I wouldn't.

This really isn't about you or your views, by the way. I'm not personally attacking you.

It's about a Church lifting up a Holiday that has no business in Christian Worship or Celebration.

I understand and no, Kwanzaa is in no way related to Christianity. It doesn't belong there but it doesn't take away from the glory of God regardless.

I personally will be much like the story of John the Disciple whom when confronted with a certain Apostate in the local bath house preferred to leave rather than enter and share the bath lest he suffer the risk of the builidng falling down upon his head. :thumbsup:

This is what we all need to do....hold ourselves away from that which isn't in line with Scripture.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

In the same vein then, why do Christians approve of celebrating Halloween? It's roots are clearly obvious, yet most Christians think nothing of it.

In the same vein then, why do Christians approve of celebrating Halloween? It's roots are clearly obvious, yet most Christians think nothing of it.

Halloween is an openly pagan holiday as well. I think a lot of Christians have a problem with it and don't celebrate it. But, like Kwanzaa, it can't take away from the glory of God. Nothing, and no one, can do that. These so-called 'holidays' are optional; if one doesn't believe in them, don't celebrate.

but, MG... the point of the thread seems to be that the CHURCH should not sanction it. nobody is saying that the christians who go to that church shouldn't celebrate it if they want to, but by hosting a kwaanza celebration, the church is officially endorsing it as a holiday.

same with halloween... churches don't celebrate halloween. many churches do hold a harvest fest celebration on halloween, i know ours usually does, which is a wonderful alternative to halloween and is used as a neighborhood outreach program.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

This begs an interesting question and perhaps a new topic, but are Christians called to protest for change or get busy praying, witnessing and evangelism?

Did Jesus protest the Roman rulers ? didnt he say rather to go the extra mile even though the thing was unjust ?

but, MG... the point of the thread seems to be that the CHURCH should not sanction it. nobody is saying that the christians who go to that church shouldn't celebrate it if they want to, but by hosting a kwaanza celebration, the church is officially endorsing it as a holiday.

same with halloween... churches don't celebrate halloween. many churches do hold a harvest fest celebration on halloween, i know ours usually does, which is a wonderful alternative to halloween and is used as a neighborhood outreach program.

I know that churches shouldn't celebrate Kwanzaa but, what are you going to do if they decide to? I don't think it's worth worrying about at all. Unless one's a member of that church. :taped: