e lansing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

scripture? how about 'thou shalt not kill'? or 'love thine enemies'? and turning the other cheek... God's Word doesn't change to suit our thinking, we're supposed to be transformed by the renewing of our minds, being conformed to His image and changed from glory to glory as we behold His face with our faces unveiled. and i don't think He made any exceptions - even for Himself.

peace:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

scripture? how about 'thou shalt not kill'? or 'love thine enemies'? and turning the other cheek... God's Word doesn't change to suit our thinking, we're supposed to be transformed by the renewing of our minds, being conformed to His image and changed from glory to glory as we behold His face with our faces unveiled. and i don't think He made any exceptions - even for Himself.

Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

'

Actually the Bible says thou shalt not commit murder. It doesn't say not kill. The Israelites killed thousands upon thousands of people.

We are supposed to love our enemies, but that doesn't mean we have to let them harm our families.

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed

our weapons are not carnal, and neither is our battle. if you have eternal life then you have nothing to fear from death. i walk by faith, not by sight, or guns. Jesus is my only Saviour, and i'm pretty sure He doesn't need a gun to do it.

peace:cool:

'

Actually the Bible says thou shalt not commit murder. It doesn't say not kill. The Israelites killed thousands upon thousands of people.

We are supposed to love our enemies, but that doesn't mean we have to let them harm our families.

Exodus 22:2-3 2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed

(Matthew 5:39)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

our weapons are not carnal, and neither is our battle. if you have eternal life then you have nothing to fear from death. i walk by faith, not by sight, or guns. Jesus is my only Saviour, and i'm pretty sure He doesn't need a gun to do it.

I hope and pray that you never experience a person breaking into your house when you are at home...... and they know you're home... it's a very enlightening experience. A wife and two kids, one fears more than death Josephine. Living with the thought that I might set by and let my wife and daughter be molested by some pervert when I could have prevented is a fate much worse than death.

Being dead is no big deal........ While I don't put my trust in guns, God did give me a whole big bucket full of commmon sense and a internal system of self protection.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

'

(Matthew 5:39) "You have learnt how it was said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance."

(Matthew 5:43-44) "You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

Grace to you,

Actually, your quote above from Exodus is more in league with if the man breaks in at night and is killed by the owner of the home, out of fear for his life, the owner of the home is not guilty of murder. However, should the thief should break in in the morning at daybreak when there was light shed the thief should be secured and not murdered.

The homeowner should call for his friends, family, and neighbor to secure the thief and take him to the proper authority for his Judgment.

There is no provision there for not defending oneself.:thumbsup:

Ex 22:2

If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he dies, there shall no blood be shed for him.

Ex 22:3

If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

The Law stated that there was to be life for a life taken. However, the scripture you quoted states that if it was in self defence that a life was taken that there would be no blood shed for the perpetrator.:thumbsup:

You aren't by any chance a Quaker are you?

peace,

Dave

I hope and pray that you never experience a person breaking into your house when you are at home...... and they know you're home... it's a very enlightening experience. A wife and two kids, one fears more than death Josephine. Living with the thought that I might set by and let my wife and daughter be molested by some pervert when I could have prevented is a fate much worse than death.

Being dead is no big deal........ While I don't put my trust in guns, God did give me a whole big bucket full of commmon sense and a internal system of self protection.

i hope not also. i pray every day for the protection of my baby and my husband, and i trust God to do that. i pray you will too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What would you do if you saw a man trying to rape a child?

I don

i hope not also. i pray every day for the protection of my baby and my husband, and i trust God to do that. i pray you will too.

(Matthew 5:39)