• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

What is a free mason exactly. I've heard of it before but never really researched it.

Let me say that I don't mean to offend any of my brothers are sisters on these boards. You can believe what you want about the Masons. I will believe what I know, and will not have any ill will towards anyone who thinks masons are bad people.

As for JamiLeas question check out this web site:

http://www.yorkrite.com/yglmx/mason.htm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Who cares?

:swordfightsmiles: ...Obviously some people do! ...and spend enough time checking out the genesis of a film like this because it matters to them, especially in this day and age where deception is rife, and the deceiving Angel of Light is on the look out for those he can sucker into his world. Being a 33rd level Freemason is a big deal, they are deeply committed to the occult and are the highest level Masons around. As you probably realise they are believed to worship Satan in the guise of Baphomet, the goat of Mendes.....thus to find the Director of the film is such, just puts a few warning signs out...although obviously it wasn't he who wrote the book, and is unlikely to bring any of his beliefs to bear in the film.

Okay, but who researches the lives of Hollywood directors to determine what they're into? Seriously, what's Steven Spielberg into? What's Ron Howard into? By what criteria do people, Christians, determine how a movies' dialog is influenced?

I wrote, "who cares," because nobody ever seems to mention whether certain other directors are into the occult or not. Why is that? Could the focus on Avatar be because they are showing blue creatures from another world who fly on beasts, who seem to have a religion of their own? This speaks of superstition to me. Were the same story told using ants or beetles or some other earth creature, would it receive the same scrutiny? I tend to think not.

Now that you have qualified your statement bro, I am basically in agreement.

Regarding Freemasonry....it is a naive Believer that thinks it is simply a Friendship Society, and should be seen in a positive light. I know many join it for the ideal of humanistic brotherhood...but just checking out the initiation ceremony that all adherents have to go through should be ample warning of what lies behind the Secrecy.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I doubt whether Avatar, which is a film based on the worship of nature, will be half way as popular as Harry Potter, which is the worship of wizardry. A lot of Christians don't worry too much about the content of the films they watch, because they would rather have a couple of hours escapism, so why get worked up about what the producer is into? :swordfightsmiles:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

personally, i've chosen not to see avatar because it is anti-marine and anti-USA. i could care less about the personal life of the producer. but i'm not going to watch a movie that is putting down what i believe in and support.

I've seen it...its not anti-marine at all. The hero of the film is an ex-marine..the pilot who helps Sully is an ex-marine Trudy Chacon. Of course the villian is an ex-marine also. The bad guys are not marines, they are mercenaries hired by a corrupt businessman. James Cameron has a brother who is a Marine and has always portrayed Marines in a pretty positive light in other films.

Also...criticizing America is not anti-American. I may disagree with Cameron's opinion on the war on terror, and I personally don't think the movie speaks to that issue very well at all...but I totally respect his right to hold such an opinion. Being against war, is not anti-American. If a German makes a movie about the Holocaust nobody is accusing him of being anti-German.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I doubt whether Avatar, which is a film based on the worship of nature, will be half way as popular as Harry Potter, which is the worship of wizardry. A lot of Christians don't worry too much about the content of the films they watch, because they would rather have a couple of hours escapism, so why get worked up about what the producer is into? :swordfightsmiles:

If you read your Bible it says to guard your mind...

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that

exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing

into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

2 Corinthians 10:5, KJV

Proverbs 4:23Above everything guard your mind*,

Because from it flows your life.

Guard Your Mind

Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If you read your Bible it says to guard your mind...

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that

exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing

into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

2 Corinthians 10:5, KJV

Proverbs 4:23Above everything guard your mind*,

Because from it flows your life.

Guard Your Mind

Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I doubt whether Avatar, which is a film based on the worship of nature,

Actually, the film isn't based on the worship of nature. While we are certainly led down that road at the beginning of the film, and it appears that its all pantheism, because thats exactly what we humans would think upon first finding this world...we are surprised, as any human would be...to find that Pandora is a huge neural net that preserves memories in accessible form. We discover that the ancestor- and nature-worship aren

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Actually, the film isn't based on the worship of nature. While we are certainly led down that road at the beginning of the film, and it appears that its all pantheism, because thats exactly what we humans would think upon first finding this world...we are surprised, as any human would be...to find that Pandora is a huge neural net that preserves memories in accessible form. We discover that the ancestor- and nature-worship aren't forms of religious reverence

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Actually, the film isn't based on the worship of nature. While we are certainly led down that road at the beginning of the film, and it appears that its all pantheism, because thats exactly what we humans would think upon first finding this world...we are surprised, as any human would be...to find that Pandora is a huge neural net that preserves memories in accessible form. We discover that the ancestor- and nature-worship aren't forms of religious reverence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I have not seen the movie yet, will probably see it when it comes out on blue-ray. Also freemasonry is not a secret society. It is a society with secrets, and those secrets meen nothing to those outside the fraternity. They dont have a secret innner circle. Most Masons in America are elevated fairly fast to the highest rank of Master Mason all the other degrees are just additional degrees most not higher ranking. Although joining can take longer then going through the degree proccess. Most well run lodges shouldnt just let anyone join. its a procces that can take several months. I bet most people dont know that you can you can recieve all 32 degrees of the scottish rite in one weekend. the 33rd degree is not a earned or degree that you seek after its a degree that is given out by the supreme council of the scottish rite. Any way Freemasonry is compatible with any and every faith it makes me a better Christian.