• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

Whenever I get really into the presence of God and the Holy Spirit, I feel like God is calling me to be a creator, like in music and arts. There is no job security for artists, and every part of my being leans toward getting a steady job and writing on the side or making music on the side. Is this right? To not go after what you feel called to with your whole heart? I dont feel convicted for wanting a steady job, but my heart is beginning to question my choices. So what do I do? Do I drop everything and run after what God calls me to, or do i do what i can while still having a job?

Mighty Valued,

Gregor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just off the cuff -

The best thing to do to seek the Lord's will is to pray and fast.

Otherwise, make the effort to take some time out each day to work on the "creating". Once you have music or art or whatever it is you feel called to do, pray for opportunities to share, seek the Lord on how to express it, or whatever. As doors open, go through them. You may find it more beneficial and fulfilling to put the creating and expressing in the forefront of your life, or you may find yourself able to balance job and this ministry.

Discerning such may be easier once you get going rather than at the starting gate.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

When you read threw the lives of the Apostles, they worked and fulfilled the calling of God at the same time. Why does it have to be one or the other?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Whenever I get really into the presence of God and the Holy Spirit, I feel like God is calling me to be a creator, like in music and arts. There is no job security for artists, and every part of my being leans toward getting a steady job and writing on the side or making music on the side. Is this right? To not go after what you feel called to with your whole heart? I dont feel convicted for wanting a steady job, but my heart is beginning to question my choices. So what do I do? Do I drop everything and run after what God calls me to, or do i do what i can while still having a job?

Mighty Valued,

Gregor

If God is calling you go to it!! Resisting what he called you to do is going to do one of two things.

1. It will create diaster in your life and you will live unhappily ever after.. or,

2. You will run out of options for work, and it will be so as you can not find any work but that which God called you into.

For many years now, I know God has called me to be a pastor or preacher of some sort. When I resisted because like you, I was nervous about financial security and particularly in my case, what people would thnk of me. Here I am without a job for over a year now and no matter where I apply either in my feild of study (media) or just at the local mall, I can find no job what so ever. So I was placed in scenario 2. God closed all the doors for occupation in my life exce[t this one.

Right now I'm teaching sunday school voluntarily and everyone loves my class. All the parents who see my teach say that the church has been waiting a long time now for someone to teach their children. And I wish I had just obeyed God from the get go because I love my class. I'm always thinking about the next sunday right when monday rolls around!

My advice, don't resist God. He will make everything secure for you. He has for me. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

If you are called to be creative, then do it. Just be sure it glorifies God. Pray about it and ask for confirmation and openings. My suggestion is to not quit you day job.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  59

Mighty Valued,

Gregor

Sometimes we get very precise instructions from the Lord, and sometimes He shows us what He is planing to do on our life in the future. Isn't the question here, concerning what the Lord is giving you?

If so, ask Him that.

That is, ask the Lord if you are suppose to go this way or that and believe. It is written that our teacher will no longer hide Himself, and that you will hear a voice behind you everytime we turn to the right or to the left. We can be lead that way if we believe. So I would suggesting acknowledging what you heard, like Mary did when she said may it be as you say. Then ask the Lord smaller questions, like which way to go next, believing the Lord will make happen what He wishes. Then the day it happens as He already said, we can give glory to the Lord.

Concerning prayer and fasting: If the Lord asks you to pray and fast, do so. However, the Lord made a way through the veil. So hearing from the Lord does not requiring fasting and prayer, but only asking and believing. Fasting and prayer maybe necessary for accomplishing things in the spiritual, but the Lord is always with you, and is all powerful, so nobody can keep Him from talking to you if you simply believe.

Checking the spirits might be necessary [1 Jn 4: 1-3] to solve confusion, but He will answer. It is easy to hear from Him, yet hard to believe. If you are having trouble hearing, it is probably a problem of believing. I would suggest asking Him smaller questions until you are sure you are hearing from Him. Then you can ask Him bigger and more important questions, once you feel like you are hearing from Him.

That is my thoughts on the subject. I hope this helps

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Pray and ask God for more guidance. I love to paint, create and study... I always thought it was a calling - but as it often does, life got in the way, and I found it difficult to support myself and children on doing just what I loved to do. So... I found more things I loved to do and I studied and worked and used my talent in ways that glorified God and was able to provide us with our support too. Sometimes, you have to keep the 'day job' to be able to do the things you want. Blessings to you. :noidea: Now... I work in a career that is often mind-numbing, but it helps support us and I provide a service that my community needs - plus, I'm off on weekends and can work in church outreach programs and serve the Lord - and that feels great!!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  74

If God is calling you to it, He will see you through it.

If you really feel called to this, I think that is an awesome and worthy opportunity to feed yourself and glorify God!

God's blessings on you!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Pray and ask God for more guidance. I love to paint, create and study... I always thought it was a calling - but as it often does, life got in the way, and I found it difficult to support myself and children on doing just what I loved to do. So... I found more things I loved to do and I studied and worked and used my talent in ways that glorified God and was able to provide us with our support too. Sometimes, you have to keep the 'day job' to be able to do the things you want. Blessings to you. :noidea: Now... I work in a career that is often mind-numbing, but it helps support us and I provide a service that my community needs - plus, I'm off on weekends and can work in church outreach programs and serve the Lord - and that feels great!!

Right