mikerunk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Each one of us is special and does have something special.Some can sing,other can play the violin,other are good painters. She has this ability to see things. Many times this is passed on from generation to generation. Just like genes. However not all the children are affected. It really comes down how one uses it. Some do it for profit whilst others do not use it all. Such a person should pray strongly as it can be a very unpleasent experience.

Blessings

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

First off at one time she was a devoit christian and yet she was still plagued with these ability,s. Also its one thing for a cild o have sins like a temper or sexual issues, its a whole another matter for god to allow demonic forces to grant children or babies who really have no say at that age let alone understanding of good or evil these tpys of abilitys.

The bible warns use from those people who are mediums and what not who practice mystism. She doesn't practice these things and yet she has these abilitys. Any way the point is I don't know what to tell her at this point but I will relay what you guys have told me.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

All right I need some help. I have a friend who has demonstrated paranormal ability's. She seems to have the ability to read thoughts at least to some degree, its not all the time but its enough to know that its not dumb luck. She also says that she can read people's personality, like there Aura. I also believe she has the ability to see spirits. She has had these gifts ever sense she was very very little, it was her grandmother who first brought these ability's attention. She claims that both her grandmother and her mom are practicing witch's. She has had many experience with the supernatural growing up. Now everything I have pieced together these are ability's sense she was at least four years old, maybe even younger with out realizing it.

Now here the thing, the bible warns against physic's, mediums and clairvoyants. Now I believe in a few things, first that the bible is talking about those with these ability's gained through Witchcraft, Vodoo, or other Mystical practice. However I believe that any one born with these ability's are given these ability's by the devil or by demons. I think children are protected from demonic possession and other demonic activity's because children and baby's especially can not make the choice between good or evil. So the question is can God give people these type of gifts at birth? Look the main things is I want to be able to give her answers to these questions, but I don't know the biblical answers to this question. So if you guys could help I would be most grateful.

Why is it you think she has special abilities?

• Content Count:  6

People always fear the unknown. It is not reasonable to cast judgment upon this woman without first knowing the truth. Jesus himself was born with gifts. I don't think it's automatic that all spiritual gifts come from Satan. In fact, I think that is a very weak position to take. The spiritual gifts the demons possess were given to them by God in beginning before they were cast from heaven. They do not come from Satan, he only has the power to deceive. The Father and the Son have known us from the beginning. They know our needs, and sometimes those needs require spiritual gifts. A good example would be the apostles being given the ability to speak in languages they never learned so that everyone present could understand them. A lot of people don't really understand the nature of demon possession, and that gives rise to many superstitious beliefs. Demons come in many forms and strengths, just like people. Some are stronger than others. It true for people as well, some are stronger spiritually than others. It has more to do with our spiritual soul than any inherent physical qualities. The Holy Spirit protects us from spiritual gifts of others who would use them for evil. But Satan and his followers can no longer find their place in heaven. This means they can never know the light of heaven nor enter into it again. But they try and find life through ours. In essence, they try to steal our lives from us. It is not theirs by right and this is why casting out demons is acceptable, but not considered the work he sent us to do. The work he sent us to do is bring others to the body and promote harmony through the spirit of love. That is why he said "though you cast out demons in my name, I know you not." Casting out demons is not credited to us as righteousness. Loving and helping others is. It is best not to dabble in the supernatural because it leaves you open for malevolent spirits to enter in.

To be a part of the body of Christ, and thus a part of his light, protects us. Having spiritual gifts in itself is not evil, it's how they are used that makes the person or entity evil. It's something that this woman should be taught. Bring her to the body of Christ so that she may find a purpose for her gifts that brings harmony to the spirit. She should use her gift to help others out of love. This is the message I was bid to give you.

.... I have a friend who has demonstrated paranormal ability's. She seems to have the ability to read thoughts at least to some degree, its not all the time but its enough to know that its not dumb luck. She also says that she can read people's personality, like there Aura. I also believe she has the ability to see spirits. She has had these gifts ever since she was very very little, it was her grandmother who first brought these ability's attention. She claims that both her grandmother and her mom are practicing witch's. She has had many experience with the supernatural growing up. Now everything I have pieced together these are ability's sense she was at least four years old, maybe even younger with out realizing it ....

Sinner

And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

Acts 16:16

Saint

The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Acts 16:17-19

Salvation

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

Acts 16:27-34

• Content Count:  2

Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Ephesians 5:11

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

First, Welcome to Worthy, Riona,

The verse you quoted is misused so much it has become the ticket to sinful freedom. Whenever we see someone falling away from the truth, and notice it is sin, we have already judged. Whenever we hear a lie and recognize it as such, we have already judged the words as untrue. We do judge every day, but we do not condemn. We are to use righteous judgment while doing so.

People misuse this only to politely tell people to leave them alone and ignore what they are doing. They use this scripture to hide behind, and some fall for it. Yes, we need to remove the plank from our own eye before pointing at the speck in another, but scripture does point to how those in Him do judge the actions and words of another. There is a difference between righteous and unrighteous judging.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

People always fear the unknown. It is not reasonable to cast judgment upon this woman without first knowing the truth. Jesus himself was born with gifts. I don't think it's automatic that all spiritual gifts come from Satan. In fact, I think that is a very weak position to take. The spiritual gifts the demons possess were given to them by God in beginning before they were cast from heaven. They do not come from Satan, he only has the power to deceive. The Father and the Son have known us from the beginning. They know our needs, and sometimes those needs require spiritual gifts. A good example would be the apostles being given the ability to speak in languages they never learned so that everyone present could understand them. A lot of people don't really understand the nature of demon possession, and that gives rise to many superstitious beliefs. Demons come in many forms and strengths, just like people. Some are stronger than others. It true for people as well, some are stronger spiritually than others. It has more to do with our spiritual soul than any inherent physical qualities. The Holy Spirit protects us from spiritual gifts of others who would use them for evil. But Satan and his followers can no longer find their place in heaven. This means they can never know the light of heaven nor enter into it again. But they try and find life through ours. In essence, they try to steal our lives from us. It is not theirs by right and this is why casting out demons is acceptable, but not considered the work he sent us to do. The work he sent us to do is bring others to the body and promote harmony through the spirit of love. That is why he said "though you cast out demons in my name, I know you not." Casting out demons is not credited to us as righteousness. Loving and helping others is. It is best not to dabble in the supernatural because it leaves you open for malevolent spirits to enter in.

To be a part of the body of Christ, and thus a part of his light, protects us. Having spiritual gifts in itself is not evil, it's how they are used that makes the person or entity evil. It's something that this woman should be taught. Bring her to the body of Christ so that she may find a purpose for her gifts that brings harmony to the spirit. She should use her gift to help others out of love. This is the message I was bid to give you.

Your logic is true in stating that people fear the unknown. I do need to ask what spiritual gifts demons have that God has given them. Scripture does not speak of them having any gifts. The only spiritual gift's that God has given are found in 1 Corinthians 12, beside the gifts that are bestowed to those in the OT when the Spirit of God came upon them when they spoke in Prophecy, dream interpretations and other means of guidance God gave to man through His chosen.

Those you speak of that are not accepted in Him, even though they cast out demons, were not Christians, but used Christ power in His name to preform the acts. Demons do not obey us, but are bound to obey Christ, knowing He is God. Those who are Christians and possess the Holy Spirit go in His power, if they are sent. There is a difference, that being saved or not. Yes, we are to deal with demons when He brings us to those who are possessed. It is helping those who need help.

What makes one evil is the heart of the person. Gifts that are not of God can not, and should not, be used in any way. The message you have brought is confusing and confusion is not from God. We are to stand against all that is not His and not ignore them nor try to use it for His purpose.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Matthew 9:1 And getting into a boat he crossed over and came to his own city.2 And behold, some people brought to him a paralytic, lying on a bed. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven."3 And behold, some of the scribes said to themselves, "This man is blaspheming."4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?5 For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?

Matthew 12:22 Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw.23 And all the people were amazed, and said, "Can this be the Son of David?"24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons."25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you

Luke 5:17 On one of those days, as he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there, who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with him to heal.18 And behold, some men were bringing on a bed a man who was paralyzed, and they were seeking to bring him in and lay him before Jesus,19 but finding no way to bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down with his bed through the tiles into the midst before Jesus.20 And when he saw their faith, he said, "Man, your sins are forgiven you."21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"22 When Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answered them, "Why do you question in your hearts?23 Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?

Luke 6 : 6 On another Sabbath, he entered the synagogue and was teaching, and a man was there whose right hand was withered.7 And the scribes and the Pharisees watched him, to see whether he would heal on the Sabbath, so that they might find a reason to accuse him.8 But he knew their thoughts, and he said to the man with the withered hand, "Come and stand here." And he rose and stood there.9 And Jesus said to them, "I ask you, is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to destroy it?"

It seems Jesus Himself had and used the gift of telepathy, so how is it He was sinning?