~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I found out a pastor I know tried to raise a body from a casket. Is it possible for a body to be brought back from the dead like this? Has it ever happened by anyone in the present day?

A woman in our church suffered a aneurysm and die, our pastor continue to pray over her (as well the congregation in the back ground) and she came back.

But I have never heard a person that has been "embalmed" (all blood removed from body) brought back, to that I believe it would be impossible.

Nothing is impossible with God

:vader: but this one having a person to do this at a funeral where blood has been removed, my thinking wouldn't be with God,

rather man. I just don't see the connection :rolleyes:.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

How is attempting to raise the dead not testing God and seeking a sign?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Praying for the dead to come to life is no different from praying for the sick and injured to be healed, in essence.

I have heard occasional accounts of the dead being raised - from missionaries in developing nations (non-Westernized).

Does it matter that they are "non westernized" Neb? Or maybe it is because they have the faith of children, and have not yet been tainted by "westernized Christianity" that some "missionaries" try and teach? I have seen amazing miracles preformed in "developing nations', some I won't talk about here because our "mature" faith sometimes leads us to question the possibilities, and when I have mentioned things that God has done for me in Mozambique I was cross questioned, doubted, accused, etc. But what happened happened. Thank you Lord Jesus for your awesome grace.

Can people, like a 4 year old child dead from malaria, and declared so by a dutch (Christian) doctor, be raised from the dead by prayer? Yes he can, and he is 9 years old now.... Thank you Lord Jesus, for by Your power, and not ours......

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1972

Can it happen? Sure, we know all things are possible with God. My bigger concern would be the pastor's motivation. If it was out of a sincere heart trying to handle a recent death of a loved one then ok. If it was more for the "see what I can do" attitude then in my opinion there's a serious problem.

Praying for the dead to come to life is no different from praying for the sick and injured to be healed, in essence.

I have heard occasional accounts of the dead being raised - from missionaries in developing nations (non-Westernized).

Does it matter that they are "non westernized" Neb? Or maybe it is because they have the faith of children, and have not yet been tainted by "westernized Christianity" that some "missionaries" try and teach? I have seen amazing miracles preformed in "developing nations', some I won't talk about here because our "mature" faith sometimes leads us to question the possibilities, and when I have mentioned things that God has done for me in Mozambique I was cross questioned, doubted, accused, etc. But what happened happened. Thank you Lord Jesus for your awesome grace.

Can people, like a 4 year old child dead from malaria, and declared so by a dutch (Christian) doctor, be raised from the dead by prayer? Yes he can, and he is 9 years old now.... Thank you Lord Jesus, for by Your power, and not ours......

i'm also familiar with accounts of people being raised from the dead in other countries. and no, i don't think it matters whether the country is westernized or not, but because, like you mentioned, they have a childlike faith.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Does it matter that they are "non westernized" Neb? Or maybe it is because they have the faith of children, and have not yet been tainted by "westernized Christianity" that some "missionaries" try and teach?

Yeah, that's what I mean. Our "greater reasoning" is the greatest block to faith on the planet!

I have seen amazing miracles preformed in "developing nations', ....

Sweet!!!!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

How is attempting to raise the dead not testing God and seeking a sign?

That all depends on if God is leading you to do such a thing or if you are doing it under your own desire. If God wants you to pray, lay hands or perform a miracle, He will move you in your spirit to do so. If you don't feel Him move, and you go ahead, it is very possible that you are on your own and He will not work on your behalf.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Better be under the leadship of the Holy Spirit is all I can say. My brother met a guy that was telling him about his testimony of how God used him in a 'unusual' way. There was a car wreck in which he had heard about in which a child had been hurt really bad. He said he felt the leadership if the Holy Spirit telling him to go to the child but he didn't know which hospital or the name of the injured child. His wife returned from the grocery store telling him she overheard others talking about the accident and the name of the child and which hospital he had been taken to. So he went and the child was in a coma and the parents told that he wasn't expected to live and to call the family near while time permitted. He told the dad of the child that he felt the Lord was leading him to pray over him and even though the dad didn't know him at all he agreed to let him see his child. He sitting at the end of the bed and began praying and said he saw a vision of a hand rubbing someone toes. So he reached forward and began rubbing the child's toes as he praying and others in the room began yelling and crying. When he opened his eyes the child was sitting upright in bed fully aware of his surroundings. The nurses and doctor couldn't explain what had happened but rejoiced with the family. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I found out a pastor I know tried to raise a body from a casket. Is it possible for a body to be brought back from the dead like this? Has it ever happened by anyone in the present day?

A woman in our church suffered a aneurysm and die, our pastor continue to pray over her (as well the congregation in the back ground) and she came back.

But I have never heard a person that has been "embalmed" (all blood removed from body) brought back, to that I believe it would be impossible.

I guess God could bring back an embalmed body if it were his will.....I've never seen a dead person brought back to life. Hey, once I'm in heaven with Jesus, I don't want anyone calling me back here! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Better be under the leadship of the Holy Spirit is all I can say. My brother met a guy that was telling him about his testimony of how God used him in a 'unusual' way. There was a car wreck in which he had heard about in which a child had been hurt really bad. He said he felt the leadership if the Holy Spirit telling him to go to the child but he didn't know which hospital or the name of the injured child. His wife returned from the grocery store telling him she overheard others talking about the accident and the name of the child and which hospital he had been taken to. So he went and the child was in a coma and the parents told that he wasn't expected to live and to call the family near while time permitted. He told the dad of the child that he felt the Lord was leading him to pray over him and even though the dad didn't know him at all he agreed to let him see his child. He sitting at the end of the bed and began praying and said he saw a vision of a hand rubbing someone toes. So he reached forward and began rubbing the child's toes as he praying and others in the room began yelling and crying. When he opened his eyes the child was sitting upright in bed fully aware of his surroundings. The nurses and doctor couldn't explain what had happened but rejoiced with the family. :laugh:

Wow! :noidea: