• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

What??? I was speaking about the statement "I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me" in verse 50. How is that about the Holy Spirit? And to say that Jesus was to be baptized in the Holy Spirit seems kind of odd don't you think? Since God through the Holy Spirit is how he was born of the Virgin Mary...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus is referring to His death as a baptism. This is made more clear in Matthew:

Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Mark relates this same incident in almost the same words. It is plain to see that Jesus spoke of His own death as a baptism. And he said to James and John, two of His disciples, that they would also have to suffer in like manner.

Baptism means

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for making it clear watchman. By the way, where have you been all of these years? LOL.. I remember the first time I joined worthy you were teaching me about the marriage of Jews and how it relates the parable of the wedding feast in the Bible. LOL.... that was almost 3 years ago I think!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Jesus is referring to His death as a baptism. This is made more clear in Matthew:

Mat 20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Mark relates this same incident in almost the same words. It is plain to see that Jesus spoke of His own death as a baptism. And he said to James and John, two of His disciples, that they would also have to suffer in like manner.

Baptism means

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

What??? I was speaking about the statement "I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me" in verse 50. How is that about the Holy Spirit? And to say that Jesus was to be baptized in the Holy Spirit seems kind of odd don't you think? Since God through the Holy Spirit is how he was born of the Virgin Mary...

Sorry bro .. I was thinking wrong .. been up since 3:30 this morning ...

No problemo.. I'm not allowed to have coffee anymore so I feel your burden. LOL :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,238
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Lights out :thumbsup: !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

NT:907

baptizo (bap-tid'-zo); from a derivative of NT:911; to immerse, submerge; to make overwhelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the N. T.) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright