e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I have concluded that the teaching of evolution is the biggest enemy of Christianity. Why? What else can be the reason for the increase of atheism? What else could have contributed to the hate of God in this country? What other teaching is there that causes more doublt about the truthfulness of scripture? Since our country has acceptrd this teaching as fact, look at the moral climate of our country today. I have not read any stats to support this claim, but this teaching of evolution has caused a lot of Christians to turn from Christ. When I use to work with the J-hi students at our church, there was more confusion about the truthfulness of scripture because of what they would learn at school. The greatest issue is that when it comes to science we are talking about truth, at lease thats what we expect. When we as Christians talk of scriptures, we think of it as truth. When these two conflict, confusion for the young mind.

As a Christian I will continue to fight against this evil along with others with the truth of scripture to expose these wolves in sheeps clothing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

I have concluded that the teaching of evolution is the biggest enemy of Christianity. Why? What else can be the reason for the increase of atheism? What else could have contributed to the hate of God in this country? What other teaching is there that causes more doublt about the truthfulness of scripture? Since our country has acceptrd this teaching as fact, look at the moral climate of our country today. I have not read any stats to support this claim, but this teaching of evolution has caused a lot of Christians to turn from Christ. When I use to work with the J-hi students at our church, there was more confusion about the truthfulness of scripture because of what they would learn at school. The greatest issue is that when it comes to science we are talking about truth, at lease thats what we expect. When we as Christians talk of scriptures, we think of it as truth. When these two conflict, confusion for the young mind.

As a Christian I will continue to fight against this evil along with others with the truth of scripture to expose these wolves in sheeps clothing.

I believe evolution was devised and has been perpetrated as nothing less than a complete assault on the Christian faith. Virtually everything it teaches is in outright defiance of God.

Edited by Steve_S

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think you're on to something here, e-lansing. While evolution is not a total lie, it's still only a half truth. I believe the Lord created beings and built into them the ability to change and adapt, to evolve, with changes of environment. I don't believe one 'kind' ever became another nor that man is descended from apes. If that was the case, the Bible would tell us that it was so. I believe the earth is 4.5 billion years old too. But man, as He created us, as only been on earth for a few thousand years.

The evolutionists do indeed try to deny and deter the Word of God. Whether they do it knowingly or not, they will be called to account for denying His Word. That will be on the day that every knee will bow and every mouth shall confess Jesus to be Lord and that includes those who deny Him now. Wouldn't want to be among their number myself.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The evolutionists do indeed try to deny and deter the Word of God. Whether they do it knowingly or not, they will be called to account for denying His Word. That will be on the day that every knee will bow and every mouth shall confess Jesus to be Lord and that includes those who deny Him now. Wouldn't want to be among their number myself.

Right

Of course there is confusion, and that confusion doesn't go away when you essentially tell young people that they must either ignore reality or try not to actually understand reality in order to preserve their faith. Inevitably some of them are going to come to the conclusion that this is ridiculous and that if God is real there shouldn't be a conflict between observation and revelation. Treating interpretation as infallible is simply a recipe for disaster in this respect.

What reality would that be, Lurker? Yours? The scientific community? The only reality that exists is His. What is this "there shouldn't be a conflict between observation and revelation"? Are you referring to Revelation or just a generic revelation? It doesn't matter what we do or say concerning the Word though, it's His way or nothing. So...it's either play by His rules or you're out of the game. For eternity.

Yes that's why the atheists are taking over seeing as they make up a whopping 1.6% of the U.S. population.

Wrong! 1995 encyclopedia britannica states 2.4% claim to atheist. 2004 The Pew Research Center claims that 12% under 30 are athiest. 6% over 30 claim to athiest. See the increase in 11years. James H Leuba did a rendom poll on natural scientist in 1914 and out of the 1000 he polled 53% are atheist. Same poll was done 1996 and 93% of the scientist at National Academy of Sciences are atheist. 72% increase from 1914. But you think none of this has any effect on our society. I think you are in denial.

You mean THIS country? The country that is overwhelmingly Christian? The country where no non-Christian politician has ever held a federal office? I'm not seeing a lot of "hate" towards God. . .maybe "apathy" would be a better term to use here.

Wrong! You think because people call themselves christian that they are infact are, like you for example. We have a christian president today? I do not think you know what a christian is. This christian country wants "In God we trust" off our money. It never use to want that. But not so to you, and you accuse me of creating my own set of facts.

I think teaching that the creation account is a scientific description of events which defies laws of physics, geology, and astronomy that students can they themselves actually test and observe by the time they get to highschool causes much more spiritual doubt than teaching about what we find when we study biology.

Where is the ape-man? Where is that transitional fossil? Where is that mechanism that brought life into existence? Why can't you produce a human in the lab? Why does your thoeries take billions of years to produce something and still have nothing today? If your theories where true, the earth would have provided all the proof to all these questions but it has not! Teach all these lies as fact and this is acceptable. But teaching that there could have been a creator who created all of this is just way out of line. Richard Dawkins believes that there might have been a higher form of intelligence that might have seeded the earth, but it could have in no way been the God of the bible. No bias at all going on here right! Right.

OK. . .so you'd like to go back to the way things were in the 50's and early 60's? Sure, let's go back to this. . .since we were obviously a more "moral" society back then.

We were, I never said we were without sin. violent crimes are higher now just like drug addictions, We incarcerate more people today then we ever did and in fact more that any other country. Abortions on demand, thanks to planned parenthood, whose founder was an evolutionist and a atheist and a racist. We have evolved in to such a moral society.

Of course there is confusion, and that confusion doesn't go away when you essentially tell young people that they must either ignore reality or try not to actually understand reality in order to preserve their faith. Inevitably some of them are going to come to the conclusion that this is ridiculous and that if God is real there shouldn't be a conflict between observation and revelation. Treating interpretation as infallible is simply a recipe for disaster in this respect.

treating your interpretation of reality is the only disaster happening here.

e

I have concluded that the teaching of evolution is the biggest enemy of Christianity. Why? What else can be the reason for the increase of atheism?
E Lansing, this thread in particular is of interest to me. I think it highlights a common misperception among many Christians. Evolution didn't play any significant role in my loss of belief in God. Lurker's statement in post #5 of this thread hits the mark for me:

"I think teaching that the creation account is a scientific description of events which defies laws of physics, geology, and astronomy... causes much more spiritual doubt than teaching about what we find when we study biology."

The doubt came for me before I hit highschool and was directly related to the conflict between my church's literalist stance and my own growing interest in astronomy. I couldn't reconcile the two. That conflict, however, was preceded by my loss of trust in the adult world, a sentiment I have encountered a number of times before. It's echoed often times by people who later become agnostics, like myself, or atheists. The Dawkins website had a thread on how people lost their own belief in God. I read much of it because I was interested in comparing others' experiences to my own. What struck me were the variety of different explanations for loss of faith; though a number of posts did parallel my own experiences few people actually cited evolution as causing them to lose their faith.

I see this quote....

"I think teaching that the creation account is a scientific description of events which defies laws of physics, geology, and astronomy... causes much more spiritual doubt than teaching about what we find when we study biology."

as the words of someone who just doesn't get it. God is not subject to the laws of physics, geology or astronomy. They're HIS laws. As if the Creator of everything is constrained by anything. :blink:

I have concluded that the teaching of evolution is the biggest enemy of Christianity. Why? What else can be the reason for the increase of atheism?
E Lansing, this thread in particular is of interest to me. I think it highlights a common misperception among many Christians. Evolution didn't play any significant role in my loss of belief in God. Lurker's statement in post #5 of this thread hits the mark for me:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man