IGNORED

Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Bill

nebula

my family is mexican and i support this. I am tired of seeing my people working for pennies.

i know that parties are using race for their points but I see this as stopping modern day slavery.

Amen!

And This Current Wave Of "Slaves" Started With The Bracero (Strong Arm) Program Helping To Feed The Troops In WW II

[url=http://hnn.us/articles/27336.html].... The wartime Bracero program ended in 1947, and many Mexican workers elected to migrate illegally because such migration was tolerated. If they were apprehended inside the US, illegal Mexicans were legalized in a process that official U.S. government publications called

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I say yeah for AZ and a governor with the guts to do something. I was in a car in Sierra Vista, AZ, a few years ago when a stolen truck with a cab and bed full of illegals, being chased by police, hit the intersection, aiming for the police officer but hit the tack strip, rolled, flew through the air and landed on innocents in their cars. Six people died right there. Let's think about them and their families and that was only one day, one incident. This is a war. We are continuing to be invaded. What's wrong with this picture? Too much.

I'm in the Palm Springs/Indio, CA area right now and it is Mexifornia. Drove by my rentals in Riverside last week and it is Mexifornia. If you think I'm prejudiced, think again. I'm simply disgusted with the politicians who have ruined this beautiful state. I had two employees who paid coyotes to smuggle in relatives from Mexico and that's when I really had my eyes opened to the underground. I've had wonderful experiences with the friendly, hard-working, intelligent Mexicans who populate our state, but it is ridiculous to think we can continue to support this deluge of people invading our land. Obama is playing to the growing population of Mexicans and counting on support for his own political purposes. It's too much, really. Corruption abounds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I say yeah for AZ and a governor with the guts to do something. I was in a car in Sierra Vista, AZ, a few years ago when a stolen truck with a cab and bed full of illegals, being chased by police, hit the intersection, aiming for the police officer but hit the tack strip, rolled, flew through the air and landed on innocents in their cars. Six people died right there. Let's think about them and their families and that was only one day, one incident. This is a war. We are continuing to be invaded. What's wrong with this picture? Too much.

I'm in the Palm Springs/Indio, CA area right now and it is Mexifornia. Drove by my rentals in Riverside last week and it is Mexifornia. If you think I'm prejudiced, think again. I'm simply disgusted with the politicians who have ruined this beautiful state. I had two employees who paid coyotes to smuggle in relatives from Mexico and that's when I really had my eyes opened to the underground. I've had wonderful experiences with the friendly, hard-working, intelligent Mexicans who populate our state, but it is ridiculous to think we can continue to support this deluge of people invading our land. Obama is playing to the growing population of Mexicans and counting on support for his own political purposes. It's too much, really. Corruption abounds.

Hey...I totally agree with you. I've seen my fair share of negative issues concerning illegals too. Which is why I support the intent of this law...and I support our Governor! The best thing Obama ever did for the State of Arizona is take Janet Napolitano away. Everything you mentioned is all parts of why we need the Feds to step up and do something to secure our borders. Thats the real issue. However, even with my support, I must wonder about the issue of race and how it plays into this. There is NO DOUBT that this law focuses on one race in particular...and even your comments on mexicans and "mexifornia"...indicates that you acknowledge that this law is directed at a specific race of people. I have a bit of a hard time with that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I wonder if Obama visits Arizona if the police will ask him if he is a immigrant.

How would he prove it, he doesn't have a birth certificate. :o:hmmm::o:24:

:cool::101::101::101: this was my thought too as I read the original post :cool:

Oh come on, LPT, don't believe everything you hear in American politics. Most of it is swill. :blink:

Hey, come to think of it, It would finally force him to bring this supposed existing document out of hiding and into the Light. :24:

I think everyone pretty much knows Obama was born in Hawaii....Dave. :24:

Yeah, but who or what was/is his father. He has spent millions of dollars to hide that document, and pelple don't do that for nothing.

Oh, and BTW, Oklahoma passed a law similiar to this in 2007, and we had a mass exodus of illegals from our state.

I haven't researched the effects of them leaving, but I haven't noticed anything negative except for those who were involved with them being here. Oklahoma City had several appartment complexes go bankrupt over them leaving, but that didn't get much sympathy from anyone. The cost of lawn care went up a bit

I haven't heard of a single person complaining of racial profiling in the news.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

However, even with my support, I must wonder about the issue of race and how it plays into this. There is NO DOUBT that this law focuses on one race in particular...and even your comments on mexicans and "mexifornia"...indicates that you acknowledge that this law is directed at a specific race of people. I have a bit of a hard time with that.

Is there a problem with illegals from other countries than Mexico?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

This is a good thing that, more states should adopt. If your illegal not matter what race, you should be held accountable. We have job problems here for Americans who pay taxes. Of course its not popular with our President who may or may not be an illegal himself. :hmmm:

However, even with my support, I must wonder about the issue of race and how it plays into this. There is NO DOUBT that this law focuses on one race in particular...and even your comments on mexicans and "mexifornia"...indicates that you acknowledge that this law is directed at a specific race of people. I have a bit of a hard time with that.

Neb, it depends on what part of the country you're in. California has a number of Asians. New York has just about everything.

I think Arizona's problems are loaded on the Mexican side, but there are some Central and South American's who come through Mexico and from the Caribbean Islands including Cuba. This is the case for most of the southern coast states from what I've read over the years.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Neb, it depends on what part of the country you're in. California has a number of Asians. New York has just about everything.

I think Arizona's problems are loaded on the Mexican side, but there are some Central and South American's who come through Mexico and from the Caribbean Islands including Cuba. This is the case for most of the southern coast states from what I've read over the years.

So, in Arizona, is there a problem with illegals who are not Hispanic?

Guest shiloh357
I have yet to receive the training that Gov. Brewer has spoken of (neither have you) so it would be hard for me to comment on exactly how the law changes will affect law enforcement. It is my suspicion, and that of most of my co-workers, that we will be trained in how to expand our definitions of "questionable" and "suspicious" in a legal sense. Thats how most of these law changes and definitions work.

I doubt it. All it does is allow police officers to do their job better.

How many law enforcement training sessions have you been to? I've been to dozens and I've specifically been to many that dealt with instruction on new laws and how to implement them.

Yeah and so have the law enforcement officers in Arizona who support this law. They have said that had this been in place earlier, it would have saved the lives of their fellow officers and several civilians.

Desipte what you think, you are NOT the last word on every subject you choose to address.