Cat peeing on couch and beds ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I have been to cat forums and they seem to all love their cats as much as they do their own children!!! so the mere suggestion of giving your cat away is getting people lashing out at you and calling you a monster....

:laugh: My cat was my baby.

But I had to find a new home for her when I moved to a "no pets allowed" apartment. Fortunately, the Lord provided a good home for her. I still cried a lot. And I still miss her company.

So to the first part I can understand the emotional feelings . . . but I do agree that is going over board. :rolleyes:

Oh, I can SO understand a pet becoming the baby of the house. Mine are as well. I can't imagine giving them up either; I'd cry for years! Do you ever visit the kitty, neb?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Trying.....to....resist...... :laugh:

What??? And disappoint your fans?? Besides, all that resisting might cause you to strain something.

Okay..........you asked for it.

The cat is obviously spoiled rotten. I suggest a strict regimen of starvation and beatings for about a week or so to show it who's boss. If that doesn't work, buy a cat-hating dog.

:24:

That's my boy! You never disappoint! :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Trying.....to....resist...... :laugh:

What??? And disappoint your fans?? Besides, all that resisting might cause you to strain something.

Okay..........you asked for it.

The cat is obviously spoiled rotten. I suggest a strict regimen of starvation and beatings for about a week or so to show it who's boss. If that doesn't work, buy a cat-hating dog.

:24:

That's my boy! You never disappoint! :rolleyes:

I just keep thinking of that poster with the kitten hanging onto a branch that says "Hang In There, Baby".... Oh wait... YOU have that poster... yikes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Other one:

thanks a lot... thats what i thought too. She has access to the balcony now, but it is very small. My apartment is in a building so I dont have access to a yard.

Elkie:

I wish you were around here too because I am about to just give her away. It is all the high expectations about being a pet owner and treating pets like they are the apple of your eye that I can't handle....

I have been to cat forums and they seem to all love their cats as much as they do their own children!!! so the mere suggestion of giving your cat away is getting people lashing out at you and calling you a monster....

I am giving this a couple more weeks and then will have to do what I have to do...

I pray God guides me through this....

:rolleyes:

Our last cat "Buddy" my wife brought home from school and it could not have been more than 4 weeks old. It was on the last day of school and one of her students went to get in her car on the last day and her mother handed her the cat and told the kid to go give it to her teacher..... Well in all the fuss, my wife just stuck it in her pocket and didn't realize what was happening..... it was sooo tiny.

Long story short, the cat and I bonded the first night it came home and he grew up thinking he was a little fuzzy human. 13 years later as we were just finished rompting in the house, Buddy crawled up in my lap and had a heart attack. I cried for three days. If I tried to tell you of the good times we had, all the nights he slept on my lap or my chest while I was sleeping setting up from acid reflux..... I'd just tear up again if I tried to do that.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/oth.../budfdyface.jpg

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Oh, I can SO understand a pet becoming the baby of the house. Mine are as well. I can't imagine giving them up either; I'd cry for years! Do you ever visit the kitty, neb?

I did for a while, but I haven't had the time in a while. She lives 40 minutes away.

But the woman I gave her to is a co-worker, and she tells me about Misty's progression often. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

aw. thanks for sharing his picture!!! :rolleyes:

Our last cat "Buddy" my wife brought home from school and it could not have been more than 4 weeks old. It was on the last day of school and one of her students went to get in her car on the last day and her mother handed her the cat and told the kid to go give it to her teacher..... Well in all the fuss, my wife just stuck it in her pocket and didn't realize what was happening..... it was sooo tiny.

Long story short, the cat and I bonded the first night it came home and he grew up thinking he was a little fuzzy human. 13 years later as we were just finished rompting in the house, Buddy crawled up in my lap and had a heart attack. I cried for three days. If I tried to tell you of the good times we had, all the nights he slept on my lap or my chest while I was sleeping setting up from acid reflux..... I'd just tear up again if I tried to do that.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/oth.../budfdyface.jpg

Buddy was one lucky boy. And such a pretty cat. Losing one's cat stories always make me cry.

I did for a while, but I haven't had the time in a while. She lives 40 minutes away.

But the woman I gave her to is a co-worker, and she tells me about Misty's progression often. :thumbsup:

That's wonderful. At least you know she is safe and well cared for. :)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:thumbsup: I am hoping the cat lovers and experienced owners will give me suggestions.

My kitten is a 10-month-old female. I got her when she was 9 weeks old. She is fixed and de-clawed. She is very good using her litter box. Except once in a while she will pee in the middle of our beds (my daughters, mine). It is always right in the center of the mattress, always at the same spots where she sleeps.

I have had her checked and its not urinary tract infections. It is definitely behavioral...

She is a spoilt kitten, sleeps in my bed with me, gets cuddled a lot. I dont leave her alone much, given that I work from home 65% of the time.

Well, last thursday, she peed on the sofa (at the spot where she likes to nap)... next day, did the same thing.... On the third day I caught her digging with her paws on my sofa and getting ready to squat to pee... She tried the same thing on my bed as I was lying there!!!

I just moved into a new apartment and animals arent allowed and the whole floor is carpeting and if she pees on it I am in big big trouble.

I am getting exasperated. It looks like she is marking her territory for some reason...

I am thinking of giving her away to someone who has the patience and space and the financial resources!

Need your advice help....

Diapers :laugh: here kitttty kittttty here kittty :)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:laugh: I am hoping the cat lovers and experienced owners will give me suggestions.

My kitten is a 10-month-old female. I got her when she was 9 weeks old. She is fixed and de-clawed. She is very good using her litter box. Except once in a while she will pee in the middle of our beds (my daughters, mine). It is always right in the center of the mattress, always at the same spots where she sleeps.

I have had her checked and its not urinary tract infections. It is definitely behavioral...

She is a spoilt kitten, sleeps in my bed with me, gets cuddled a lot. I dont leave her alone much, given that I work from home 65% of the time.

Well, last thursday, she peed on the sofa (at the spot where she likes to nap)... next day, did the same thing.... On the third day I caught her digging with her paws on my sofa and getting ready to squat to pee... She tried the same thing on my bed as I was lying there!!!

I just moved into a new apartment and animals arent allowed and the whole floor is carpeting and if she pees on it I am in big big trouble.

I am getting exasperated. It looks like she is marking her territory for some reason...

I am thinking of giving her away to someone who has the patience and space and the financial resources!

Need your advice help....

Diapers :laugh: here kitttty kittttty here kittty :thumbsup:

OK what do you do with the tail :)