nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I do not think there would be any force stopping a new country being formed out of the ashes of the United States.

That's what the Confederacy used to think. :whistling:

I hope that doesn't happen; I love this country.....even with all it's imperfections. :cool:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I do not think there would be any force stopping a new country being formed out of the ashes of the United States.

I hope that doesn't happen; I love this country.....even with all it's imperfections. :cool:

By the time Obama's first term is over, you may not recognize this country as you once did.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

By the time Obama's first term is over, you may not recognize this country as you once did.

You know I hear this so much but I don't believe it. He's not all that different from other Presidents that I can see. There is so much paranoid hair pulling going on that I just refuse to listen to it anymore. I will watch and see for myself. Never, ever trust the talking heads, of any stripe. They're all biased and some are even unbalanced, IMO.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

since that is what the law is designed to do then all I can is, "Wow...that was easy"

I'll tell ya what...I completely agree! If even only half of them get cold feet and take off...it'll be dramatically better for our state. I hope its true...but i'm a bit pessimistic.

We still need to seal the border...for everyone that leaves it seems like two more come in.

Guest LadyC

this country is already unrecognizable from what it once was. it didn't just start in obama's term. the decline accellerated to lightning speed back during the clinton years. the bush years attempted to restore some dignity to the white house but nothing could stop the freight train that had already begun barrelling downhill years earlier. and nothing will.

yes, obama is going to change things even more dramatically. people probably won't recognize it because they appear to be just a natural "progression" of what's been going on. as a society we've become totally desensitized.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

as a society we've become totally desensitized.

And I blame Hollywood for that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I hope that doesn't happen; I love this country.....even with all it's imperfections. :cake:

I'm 62 years old and I already do not recognize this country as I once did. As the morals of "We the People" as a whole took a dive, the National Government followed. The more the moral fabric of the Nations shreads, the more the government has to do to protect us from ourselves.

John Adams in a speech to the military in 1798 warned his fellow countrymen stating, "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams is a signer of the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and our second President.

George Washington, General of the Revolutionary Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, First President of the United States of America, Father of our nation, " Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society."

Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration of Independence "[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

Until this country repairs it's moral fiber, it can not live under the Laws of a Constitutional Republic, nor can it afford it's liberties.

If you are trying to put this nation back together, you must start with "We the People". They can not live a life of liberties with the morals of an ally cat.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Thoes are great quotes from, are American fathers. I realy dont think that America is going to split but it sure is possible. It happened before then it can happen again. If it does happen then the Men of the nation would have to choose a side. The North fought against the terriny of the South. America is already in a spiritual civil war. I dont want it to become physical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

That's what the Confederacy used to think. :thumbsup:

Yes, and speaking as a child of that defunct effort, I can say that I certainly hope I don't live to see the same thing happen again. I've grown up hearing a lot of jokes about how the South will rise again and the "War of Northern Aggression" (as many Southerners refer to it) and as funny as it can be, there is still a surprising amount of anger beneath all the laughter. I don't think the majority of people are angry about losing slavery. Obviously anyone with a heart knows that was horrific and utterly wrong. But there was a lot more to the war than just that. And Sherman is still a hated name.

145 years after the war ended, and the scars are still there. It could only be vastly worse if it were to happen again. More anger, more death, more hatred that would take centuries to heal. Well, assuming that God waits that long to come back and put an end to the mess we've made of His marvelous creation.

It's a shame that so many people in other countries are so desperate that they'd sneak into our country illegally. My heart goes out to them. However, I will never support the idea of granting blanket amnesty to someone who has so little respect for our laws that they would ignore them and enter this country illegally. Do it the right way and I'll be happy to welcome you with open arms!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

That's what the Confederacy used to think. :thumbsup:

I'm 62 years old and I already do not recognize this country as I once did. As the morals of "We the People" as a whole took a dive, the National Government followed. The more the moral fabric of the Nations shreads, the more the government has to do to protect us from ourselves.

John Adams in a speech to the military in 1798 warned his fellow countrymen stating, "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams is a signer of the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and our second President.

George Washington, General of the Revolutionary Army, president of the Constitutional Convention, First President of the United States of America, Father of our nation, " Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society."

Benjamin Franklin, Signer of the Declaration of Independence "[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."

Until this country repairs it's moral fiber, it can not live under the Laws of a Constitutional Republic, nor can it afford it's liberties.

If you are trying to put this nation back together, you must start with "We the People". They can not live a life of liberties with the morals of an ally cat.

Sam,

You are spot on brother. :b: The American Dream is dead because "We The People" have cannabilized it with our own sin and moral decay.

Peace,

Dave